The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I haven’t had a computer in about 15 years. Pretty much since the iPhone came out.

I can use my iPhone well enough but I turn on the hotspot and use my tablet. Much much easier for me. I still can not do basic cut/paste/pics on it and
    seriously probably never will...:):

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I haven’t had a computer in about 15 years. Pretty much since the iPhone came out.

I've tried to switch to phone or tablet only, but it just doesn't stick. For convenience, comfort and being able to easily see and type, I'll always use a computer or at least a laptop at minimum. I did tablet and phone only when I was in Phoenix and hated it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    90% of non-work computing is now done on an iPad Pro with an attached keyboard for me. I do use a MacBook to maintain a spreadsheet with carry stats and a Win10 system in the basement to track range trips and round counts. I love me some charts and graphs and the spreadsheets scratch that itch.

There is not much that I cannot do with the iPad and keyboard though.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The only time I default to my Mac (or the laptop) is for certain bills because the websites aren’t mobile friendly still, spreadsheets and using Imgur. Otherwise I do everything on my phone.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I'm really bummed that I lost the desire to build computers. For 20 years I was a hardware / gaming enthusiast but 7 or 8 years ago I just lost the passion. I would still never buy a prebuilt system, but my roughly 10 year old system is still going strong, with the occasional minor upgrade. Just removed Windows 10 on it and installed Linux Mint 19.3 since I don't really game anymore. Works great for my needs. I'm not looking forward to when this system dies and I have to build a new system... :):

I had the same thing happen for a while. I ended up finding a group of guys online that I game with, and that helped rekindle my enjoyment of gaming. Plus I have reconnected with the guys I used to game with as well.

I like the aspect of customizing it for what I want. The current machine is 4 years old and just now starting to show its age.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have been thinking about putting a system together that would let me run a decent flight sim. There are some fantastic flight sims out now that take some horsepower to run. The DCS sims model aircraft near perfectly but they take some time to master. There is a video on how to start an A10 and it’s about 30 minutes long. Just learning to taxi in an Fw190 can be a weekend project.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I will even take out my MacBook if I have an excessively long text to send. I’m impressed if people can do tablet or phone only!

I'm the same way (except seriously anti-Mac). If I'm going to be sending long texts and I'm near my computer or laptop, I just do them there instead of on my phone. Much easier.

I had the same thing happen for a while. I ended up finding a group of guys online that I game with, and that helped rekindle my enjoyment of gaming. Plus I have reconnected with the guys I used to game with as well.

I like the aspect of customizing it for what I want. The current machine is 4 years old and just now starting to show its age.

Agreed, that's why I won't buy a prebuilt computer. Much easier to ensure every part is good quality and selected for my needs. On the gaming end, I'm much more of a solo gamer. Honestly as soon as a good RPG/action RPG comes out that fits my criteria, I'll be back into gaming. The last one I played that I really enjoyed was Grim Dawn. Good thing I kept my hard drive with Windows 10 alone and installed Linux on a new SSD. That way I can swap back any time.

I have been thinking about putting a system together that would let me run a decent flight sim. There are some fantastic flight sims out now that take some horsepower to run. The DCS sims model aircraft near perfectly but they take some time to master. There is a video on how to start an A10 and it’s about 30 minutes long. Just learning to taxi in an Fw190 can be a weekend project.

AMD has some new powerhouse CPU's that have a huge amount of cores that might be beneficial for that project.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I love me some RayBans but I have stepped up to some serious Costa's

Costa has been my go to for the last several years for sun glasses. I have some with the c-mates lenses (readers). I also got to exercise their customer service/lifetime warranty and the service and replacement were handled with excellent results. Costa makes some excellent sunglasses and stands behind them. Especially for folks that fish or spend time on the water, etc, you should check them out.

My prescription non sunglasses are rayban frames.

I need to find an optometrist that works with Costa potentially to do actual prescription lenses for them one day. Though since I do the bifocal thing for my general use and use a single vision lens for my computer glasses, and I don't think Costa does anything but progressive lenses for their prescription sunglass lenses, I may just be SOL. Just not ready for the whole progressive lens thing, and don't think I'll ever be up to sticking my fingers in my eyes and going contacts.

But back to the main point, agree with CM here, Costa makes some great glasses.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Costa has been my go to for the last several years for sun glasses. I have some with the c-mates lenses (readers). I also got to exercise their customer service/lifetime warranty and the service and replacement were handled with excellent results. Costa makes some excellent sunglasses and stands behind them. Especially for folks that fish or spend time on the water, etc, you should check them out.

My prescription non sunglasses are rayban frames.

I need to find an optometrist that works with Costa potentially to do actual prescription lenses for them one day. Though since I do the bifocal thing for my general use and use a single vision lens for my computer glasses, and I don't think Costa does anything but progressive lenses for their prescription sunglass lenses, I may just be SOL. Just not ready for the whole progressive lens thing, and don't think I'll ever be up to sticking my fingers in my eyes and going contacts.

But back to the main point, agree with CM here, Costa makes some great glasses.

Dang! Did not know Costa Del Mar were lifetime warranty. I may have a set around here that I could get refurbed and give to one of my kids who still have good eyes. Progressive lenses for me these days. Gotta see to drive that monster I work in.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...I'm not looking forward to when this system dies and I have to build a new system... :):...

I built all of my own systems for ~20 years and bought Dells for my dad. A few years ago I didn't feel like catching up on the current hardware and bought a Dell XPS since it finally had expansion slots. Popped in a few cards, 3 monitors and a sound system and have been reasonably happy with it.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I built all of my own systems for ~20 years and bought Dells for my dad. A few years ago I didn't feel like catching up on the current hardware and bought a Dell XPS since it finally had expansion slots. Popped in a few cards, 3 monitors and a sound system and have been reasonably happy with it.

You all must spend a ton more time behind a keyboard than I. Galaxy note has been my only access for several years now. Older Windows machine at the house that I never turn on.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I dont even know what anyone is talking about :):
    If i needed to use computers we had guys for that.

I just followed all of the security protocols they gave us. Even on plugging our cell phone chargers in at unknown USB ports and plugs we were given these little devices that I guess prevented any type of virus or something from hacking our phones? Way above my paygrade. Gotta love the govt.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I love me some RayBans but I have stepped up to some serious Costa's

Dang! Did not know Costa Del Mar were lifetime warranty. I may have a set around here that I could get refurbed and give to one of my kids who still have good eyes. Progressive lenses for me these days. Gotta see to drive that monster I work in.

I got mine replaced for the cost of shipping. There are situations I guess where they would charge for lenses or frames, but in my case, I had both a lens issue (scratched) and a frame issue, and they replaced them entirely for shipping cost (I did send them in for evaluation first, but I chose the expedited option where I would pay if they determined the lens replacement to be a paid option, and they still contacted me and let me know that the glasses would be completely covered). In my case the frame model I had was discontinued so they gave me the option of picking whichever new model I wanted, etc. They went above and beyond what was required under even their stated warranty in my experience (didn't charge me anything beyond the processing fee): https://www.costadelmar.com/us/en/limited-warranty

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom