The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

A big box of triggers are due in Saturday afternoon. I may need to hit the range on Sunday to begin testing rifles one at a time.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

Building a 1911 is on my list of things I want to do. To me it is like building a gaming computer. I get to choose the parts, put it together, customize it from start to finish.

Like I said looking at it and holding it gave me ideas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm really bummed that I lost the desire to build computers. For 20 years I was a hardware / gaming enthusiast but 7 or 8 years ago I just lost the passion. I would still never buy a prebuilt system, but my roughly 10 year old system is still going strong, with the occasional minor upgrade. Just removed Windows 10 on it and installed Linux Mint 19.3 since I don't really game anymore. Works great for my needs. I'm not looking forward to when this system dies and I have to build a new system... :):

A big box of triggers are due in Saturday afternoon. I may need to hit the range on Sunday to begin testing rifles one at a time.

I may join you. My Dad and I may end up going to see the latest Star Wars movie on Sunday, but if not, I may be up for a range trip. Still need to figure out what optic I want to use. May just throw a red dot on it for now until I can make up my mind.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning all... :coffee:

I'm really bummed that I lost the desire to build computers. For 20 years I was a hardware / gaming enthusiast but 7 or 8 years ago I just lost the passion. I would still never buy a prebuilt system, but my roughly 10 year old system is still going strong, with the occasional minor upgrade. Just removed Windows 10 on it and installed Linux Mint 19.3 since I don't really game anymore. Works great for my needs. I'm not looking forward to when this system dies and I have to build a new system... :):

I may join you. My Dad and I may end up going to see the latest Star Wars movie on Sunday, but if not, I may be up for a range trip. Still need to figure out what optic I want to use. May just throw a red dot on it for now until I can make up my mind.

My daughter just had a friend build her up a very serious system. It looks like a kaleidoscope when she turns it on and it has some serious capability's. She is into arts and krafts. This unit is used for her business.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County

You will really like those Larue triggers. I installed the straight version in my Noveske and one in a INGO lower with a BCM upper. They are one of the best values in AR triggers.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My daughter just had a friend build her up a very serious system. It looks like a kaleidoscope when she turns it on and it has some serious capability's. She is into arts and krafts. This unit is used for her business.

I was over at my son's place last month while he put his new computer together and it had me thinking about building a new one. I've built some really awesome computers in my day and the parts they have now are even cooler. Then I thought of the money it would take, plus the time and effort and said nah. When my current system dies, I'll likely build a replacement. Either that or switch one of my laptops into primary computer use. Dunno at this point... :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have found and use the ALG offerings. They come in under $70 and are smooth as about anything I have squeezed short of a $350 offering.
    In my AR's they are just fine.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I made the mistake of buying an all-in-one system a couple of years back. It was a high end system with a 4K 27 inch monitor that worked beautifully. That is, until the monitor got flaky. It now sits behind a normal monitor and is usable that way until I get around to pulling the CPU, memory and drives for a new build.

Problem is that I don’t really want to do a new build. I could have someone look at it to see if it’s just some bad caps but I pulled it apart once and could not see anything obvious. So, it sits mostly unused.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have found and use the ALG offerings. They come in under $70 and are smooth as about anything I have squeezed short of a $350 offering.
    In my AR's they are just fine.

These are the Larue straight bow 2 stage triggers. For $350, I was able to upgrade 5 rifles to a consistent trigger pull. I can’t wait to take them out.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I made the mistake of buying an all-in-one system a couple of years back. It was a high end system with a 4K 27 inch monitor that worked beautifully. That is, until the monitor got flaky. It now sits behind a normal monitor and is usable that way until I get around to pulling the CPU, memory and drives for a new build.

Problem is that I don’t really want to do a new build. I could have someone look at it to see if it’s just some bad caps but I pulled it apart once and could not see anything obvious. So, it sits mostly unused.

Pretty much how I feel. I know how to do the build and would have a kicka$$ system when I finished, but since I don't game there isn't a lot it would do for me that my current system doesn't already do. Plus I just don't feel like messing with it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom