The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I’m not sure that HHRP would welcome mag dumps either but they would have steel at 200 yards. Something about 200 yards that seems better than 100 yards. It’s like twice as good as shooting at 100 but only half as good as shooting at 400.

Oh I am fine with all of that of course. There is a challenge to that process.

Let me see what the next few weeks brings. When do you go down.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    They expect us to work the whole week. I don’t know if you guys got this info yet. I was getting used to these two day work weeks. WTF?

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I’m not sure that HHRP would welcome mag dumps either but they would have steel at 200 yards...

If all goes as expected, you will become a member on Jan. 16th.

I have never heard any complains about controlled mag dumps although I would tend to do them at the 100 yd steel as that puts them into a hillside.

You can inadvertently shoot off of club property behind the 200 yd line so more control to avoid high shots is required. You always need to keep an eye out for wildlife and any fools that wander onto the far end of the range and call a cease fire immediately for such things. Safety, safety safety!

No .50 BMG, no tracer/incendiary rounds and no steel core/AP rounds shot at the steel targets (steel core is fine on paper).

Leave the place as clean or cleaner than you found it and if you accidentally damage something, man up and report it.

There is no RO looking over your shoulder. We are responsible for ourselves and that comes with a lot of freedom to enjoy yourself. This is a range CM will like.:yesway:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Oh I am fine with all of that of course. There is a challenge to that process.

Let me see what the next few weeks brings. When do you go down.

I’ve been going down on Sunday afternoons lately. With WT having a new AR that needs wrung out, maybe we can get a bunch of us together down there this month.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

I have never heard any complains about controlled mag dumps although I would tend to do them at the 100 yd steel as that puts them into a hillside.

You can inadvertently shoot off of club property behind the 200 yd line so more control to avoid high shots is required. You always need to keep an eye out for wildlife and any fools that wander onto the far end of the range and call a cease fire immediately for such things. Safety, safety safety!

No .50 BMG, no tracer/incendiary rounds and no steel core/AP rounds shot at the steel targets (steel core is fine on paper).

Leave the place as clean or cleaner than you found it and if you accidentally damage something, man up and report it.

There is no RO looking over your shoulder. We are responsible for ourselves and that comes with a lot of freedom to enjoy yourself. This is a range CM will like.:yesway:

This is all as it should be at a range. Responsible gun owners acting responsibly. Can’t wait to join HHRP. Seems like a great bunch of folks shooting there.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas

That is life as it should be. Remember when common sense was common?

Reed, you impressed me when you came here to shoot. You had done your due diligence, and were concerned about where we were shooting. I liked that. Safety is paramount to our survival.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I’ve been going down on Sunday afternoons lately. With WT having a new AR that needs wrung out, maybe we can get a bunch of us together down there this month.
    I'd love to go, but that's a 3 hour drive :(. Wife wasn't too thrilled with me because of how late I got home after FGE. It turns out I take forever when I go shooting. Who knew? :dunno:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Also not a fan of this normal work week stuff. Is it Thursday yet?

Nope, still Monday range day. Tomorrow is Tuesday buy a CZ day. Wednesday is meet and greet day with my new General Practitioner Doc day. Thursday is what ever I want day. Friday is supposed to rain so that's a definite nap day. Have I pissed most of you off yet?

Loving retirement.:laugh:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'd love to go, but that's a 3 hour drive :(. Wife wasn't too thrilled with me because of how late I got home after FGE. It turns out I take forever when I go shooting. Who knew? :dunno:

No knock here but folks I am so blessed to have CKW in my life. She actually enjoys seeing me go with you folks and do what we do. She also comes along when she can.

Just another reason to smile.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

It sounds wonderful. I really do need to get down there with you people. I need to steal some time from retirement.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom