The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Good stuff, Spicy ! :yesway:
    I've always liked all of the Magtech ammo I've shot .... long guns, and handguns.

For (probably an unscientific reason) :D, I picked Frontier 68 grain BTHP Match for my 'serious' ammo with the magical Blue Mink <<<(just like G****, it must always be presented in this format).
    I'd be curious to see what your new love would do with the same 68 gr. Frontier. If you're so inclined someday, please report back !
    :)
    Thank you MM. I have a list going of more ammo to test and will add that to it. I'm gonna be shooting this rifle ALOT.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Leadeye, what is the difference between 32WS and 30-30? They look pretty close.

Not a lot, mainly the caliber and twist rate. The 32WS is much more forgiving to us bullet casters. With jacketed stuff, there really is no difference.

You guys save your brass, I'll buy it.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Thank you MM. I have a list going of more ammo to test and will add that to it. I'm gonna be shooting this rifle ALOT.
    I’m gonna have to try that 77gr magtech stuff. I think it is a whole cheaper than the Black Hills. Did you order it online?

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Not a lot, mainly the caliber and twist rate. The 32WS is much more forgiving to us bullet casters. With jacketed stuff, there really is no difference.

Son picked up both at Cabelas this afternoon, and sent me a picture. Without putting calipers to them, they would be hard to distinguish.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I’m gonna have to try that 77gr magtech stuff. I think it is a whole cheaper than the Black Hills. Did you order it online?
    It's about half the price of the Black Hills stuff. I've seen a good amount of people on other forums talk about how they like it better (mainly becuase of cost). It comes in 50 rd boxes for around $29. I usually get it from Target Sports USA, but they don't always have it in stock.

Here: https://www.targetsportsusa.com/magtech-fd-sniper-556-nato-ammo-77-grain-otm-556c-p-82712.aspx

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas

We’ll save it and give it to you. :thumbsup:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    It's about half the price of the Black Hills stuff. I've seen a good amount of people on other forums talk about how they like it better (mainly becuase of cost). It comes in 50 rd boxes for around $29. I usually get it from Target Sports USA, but they don't always have it in stock.

Here: https://www.targetsportsusa.com/magtech-fd-sniper-556-nato-ammo-77-grain-otm-556c-p-82712.aspx

I’ve seen several tests where the Magtech groups better on paper than the black hills. All of my guns prefer the heavier bullets, but damn they are expensive.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    What style of holster are you using, 88 ? IWB, OWB, ?

I had a Kramer OWB scabbard in mahogany horsehide custom made for it.
    5671dff4f59e2ec943bdfde1e1fd130b.jpg

Sorry for the crappy photo

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I haven't tried a P10s yet, but have tried the P10c and liked it. Have heard enough good stuff about the P10s that I feel like I don't need to try it. Optics ready version of course.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I’ve seen several tests where the Magtech groups better on paper than the black hills. All of my guns prefer the heavier bullets, but damn they are expensive.
    I don't know that someone at my entry level skillset could really notice or take full advantage of the really good match ammo. I'm honestly content with any rifle that shoots 1moa. That's my happy size group. Anything that shoots groups smaller than that just gives me a big smile.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

KJ ..... you're such a killer, you don't even have to worry about the type of ammo. All's you have to do is look at the Bad Guys, and they fall down where they stand ! :D

*so it is written !

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom