The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    My only knowledge about the 1894 was that it was in most of the episodes of Longmire and looked nice. Now I know more thanks to Leadeye. :):

I do have a 1894 with some movie connection, this one was made in 1897 and belonged to ET. He must have left it here during one of his visits.;)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    That's a nice 32-40 and should sell at $900 or better. The unanswered question about that rifle is if it was rechambered, a common issue with 32-40 rifles as ammunition production ceased in the 30s. In 32-40 it's worth much more, and as the seller has it listed "AS IS" I would insist on them verifying this before purchase.

Noting that in over 50 pictures there isn't one of the top of the barrel where the address would be leads me to believe the rifle has been rebarreled.

Last edited:

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    I feel much better after a little nap!

Leadeye, if I ever decide to buy anything old and interesting I’ll be sure to ask you about it. :)

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    As promised, here are today's test results with the Noveske. I zeroed the rifle at 50 yards with Federal XM193 before testing accuracy at 100 yards. All shots were fired from a bench, with front and rear bags, using my Vortex PST 2.5-10x32 scope. I used 4 different brands of ammo. 2 groups of 5 rounds each un-suppressed and 2 groups of 5 rounds each suppressed for each brand. I wanted to see if there was an accuracy difference with the suppressor on and how much the POI would change.

Best groups:
    0.88" - Magtech 77gr OTM (Black Hills MK262 clone ammo)
    0.89" - Hornady Frontier Match 62gr BTHP ($7 per box at my LGS !!)
    0.92" - Magtech 77gr OTM
    1.06" - Hornady Frontier Match 62gr BTHP
    1.17" - Magtech 77gr OTM
    1.24" - Wolf Gold 55gr FMJ (calm down, it's brass cased ammo :))

*Fun side note. You'll see in the picture my first shot suppressed with the Hornady 62gr ammo went a little south, I then proceeded to shoot the next 4 shots into a 0.68" group. I blame squirrels, they were chattering pretty hard in the woods nearby. :cool:

attachment.php

attachment.php

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Finished up on the rifle range, wind is picking up and cutting through me a bit. Taking a break in the car to warm up for a bit before I move to pistols.

The Noveske did not disappoint. It shot very very well. Multiple sub moa groups and I have to say it's probably one of the nicest, if not the nicest rifle I've owned so far. I will have pictures up later of the targets after I get home and get the calipers out and measure the groups. Great day so far!!
    Congrats on finding that one. It's nice to see quality hardware finding a home with someone that knows what they have and can run it well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    As promised, here are today's test results with the Noveske. I zeroed the rifle at 50 yards with Federal XM193 before testing accuracy at 100 yards. All shots were fired from a bench, with front and rear bags, using my Vortex PST 2.5-10x32 scope. I used 4 different brands of ammo. 2 groups of 5 rounds each un-suppressed and 2 groups of 5 rounds each suppressed for each brand. I wanted to see if there was an accuracy difference with the suppressor on and how much the POI would change.

Best groups:
    0.88" - Magtech 77gr OTM (Black Hills MK262 clone ammo)
    0.89" - Hornady Frontier Match 62gr BTHP ($7 per box at my LGS !!)
    0.92" - Magtech 77gr OTM
    1.06" - Hornady Frontier Match 62gr BTHP
    1.17" - Magtech 77gr OTM
    1.24" - Wolf Gold 55gr FMJ (calm down, it's brass cased ammo :))

*Fun side note. You'll see in the picture my first shot suppressed with the Hornady 62gr ammo went a little south, I then proceeded to shoot the next 4 shots into a 0.68" group. I blame squirrels, they were chattering pretty hard in the woods nearby. :cool:

attachment.php

attachment.php
    Very cool, TD! I’m glad it did everything you wanted.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom