The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    That always makes getting into the car the next day fun. I’ll have to remember to dry the door seals after the rain stops on Saturday.
    This is why years ago I made the decision to reduce clutter in the garage so both cars could be parked inside. It's only a 2 car garage, but we make it work. Wife pulls her car in straight and I back mine in so our driver's doors are both in the middle of the garage. It works well for us and allows us to not worry about dealing with all the issues of cars outside overnight.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    It wasn't possible to park in the garage when I was married, due to my wife having tons of junk in the garage and being "sight challenged" so that she parked poorly in the driveway. One of the benefits of her moving out is that the garage has been cleaned up and I now park inside. I'll take what silver lining I can find... ;)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    This is why years ago I made the decision to reduce clutter in the garage so both cars could be parked inside. It's only a 2 car garage, but we make it work. Wife pulls her car in straight and I back mine in so our driver's doors are both in the middle of the garage. It works well for us and allows us to not worry about dealing with all the issues of cars outside overnight.

PSHAW I say! Everyone knows that a garage is for storing all the crap you can't fit in your house. Who puts cars in a garage? Utter madness.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    PSHAW I say! Everyone knows that a garage is for storing all the crap you can't fit in your house. Who puts cars in a garage? Utter madness.
    I can't have clutter. I'll lose my mind. I get serious anxiety from stuff everywhere. If it's tons of stuff, but well organized, I'm totally cool with that. But the junkyard look I can't handle. No knock on anyone here, just know that I've been called Mr. Orgnaized by more than one person.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I agree Carlos. I don't think I'm quite to your level with it, but it drives me nuts if things aren't at least neat and organized. I overuse the saying "a place for everything and everything in its place"... :):

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I can't have clutter. I'll lose my mind. I get serious anxiety from stuff everywhere. If it's tons of stuff, but well organized, I'm totally cool with that. But the junkyard look I can't handle. No knock on anyone here, just know that I've been called Mr. Orgnaized by more than one person.
    I should lure you to my house and lock you in my garage for an afternoon. Just the cardboard box pile alone would drive you bonkers. Hmm, this sounds like a plan. What's your favorite beverage?

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I quit posting pics from my garage, due to the shame of needing to sweep the carpet. :ugh:

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    I’m in the garage now, but the new house has no garage. Not looking forward to it snowing and having to clean off my car again.

I hope everyone has a good day! :coffee:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Milsurp masters .......
    So .... what do I use to get the gunk out of there ? Any techniques (without pulling the action & barrel out of the stock) that any of you could recommend would be much appreciated ! :)

Given that it’s just the barrel, I’d go with what 88 said adding only that I’ve sprayed a good deal of CLP, Ballistol or Hoppes in the barrel with the crown plugged up with patches and then plugged up the chamber with patches. Let her soak for a day laying flat.

Be sure to clean the bolt good with particular attention paid to the firing pin. You could get a slam fire if it’s plugged.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Oh no way Snow Shovel, I couldn't live without a garage. I hate my current garage as it's nowhere hear as nice as the garage my house in MN had, but it's better than no garage. I could do without parking in one if I had to (did for almost 5 years), but I have to have the extra storage space.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I hate clutter too. I hired a cleaning lady for the house but I need a team of midgets for the garage. Its a nightmare. Still have moving boxes too to get rid of. Those things arent cheap and i hated to just throw them away. I had been giving them to people who could use them. I even have wardrobe boxes that you can leave your clothes on the hangers in.
    But once it warms up my garage WILL be cleaned out. I don't care if O have to have a dumpster delivered and I will start throwing **** away.
    My wife is NOT organized. Drives me nuts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom