The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Crap day at work today so I popped on an audio book and did some reloading tonight. Next to shooting, that’s a great way to de-stress. Hey, all of you retired guys: Remember what sucky jobs were like? No? Well, I hope to be in that position someday too. But for now, I just deal with it.

I put some rounds through the Phantom last weekend and really like that thing. I also ran the P07 and like that a bunch too. Not sure where I’m going with this but after a couple beers, I don’t care. Maybe 2020 will be the year I get off my ass and finish my CZ projects.

I’ve been semi retired for many weeks now.

It’s not as good as it sounds. I’d like to think I could be MM but I’m not sure I am capable. :-(

Sorry you had a sucky day. Trade in that beer for a bourbon. This day too shall pass.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I was running numbers tonight and saw that the P10S was the most shot firearm of 2019. Even at that, it only had less than 800 rounds run through it in a year that saw 13028 rounds shot. I need to focus and stop putting handfuls of rounds through different guns. I want to wear something out :). Focus is what I need

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Crap day at work today so I popped on an audio book and did some reloading tonight. Next to shooting, that’s a great way to de-stress. Hey, all of you retired guys: Remember what sucky jobs were like? No? Well, I hope to be in that position someday too. But for now, I just deal with it.

I put some rounds through the Phantom last weekend and really like that thing. I also ran the P07 and like that a bunch too. Not sure where I’m going with this but after a couple beers, I don’t care. Maybe 2020 will be the year I get off my ass and finish my CZ projects.

Believe me, some things (unfortunately) never totally leave your mind ! :abused:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Sucky days come and go. I don’t know if I’ll ever really retire but semi-retire sounds pretty good to me. I’d love to let the corporate world go and focus on doing something meaningful or hell, even fun. Some day but right now is not that day. It will come though.

GPT is my salvation until that time comes

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    My new to me M44 .... it's a love story in the making ! :wwub:

i-F9vN9xj-XL.jpg

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ... Hey, all of you retired guys: Remember what sucky jobs were like? No? Well, I hope to be in that position someday too. But for now, I just deal with it...

I went to the range for you today. Had a feeling you needed it.:) See you at the Brown County Winery Thursday for the HHRP meeting. Yes, you heard that right folks...gun club meeting at a winery...we got class.

I sighted in the C-More on the Turbo Cane Gun with a new Kidd trigger today. It is a hoot to shoot. Just as easy to pop full size silhouettes at 200 yards as it is to fly through steel at 50'.

Next I went to sight in the RMR on the CZ P10F at 50' and found it was dead nuts on. Zero adjustments required. I believe I will like this one a lot but need more time behind it to get used to acquiring a red dot on a pistol.

Didn't remember to grab a photo until I was packing up.

zUHJygB.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I gave my M38 to my youngest today. Nothing really changes though as he keeps his guns in my safe but I can’t sell it now. Plus, it makes a nice addition to his small collection of milsurps. Right now, that’s a K98, Russian SKS and the M38. Everyone needs a Mosin.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I went to the range for you today. Had a feeling you needed it.:) See you at the Brown County Winery Thursday for the HHRP meeting. Yes, you heard that right folks...gun club meeting at a winery...we got class.

I sighted in the C-More on the Turbo Cane Gun with a new Kidd trigger today. It is a hoot to shoot. Just as easy to pop full size silhouettes at 200 yards as it is to fly through steel at 50'.

Next I went to sight in the RMR on the CZ P10F at 50' and found it was dead nuts on. Zero adjustments required. I believe I will like this one a lot but need more time behind it to get used to acquiring a red dot on a pistol.

zUHJygB.jpg

Thanks, I appreciate the GPT by proxy. I hope to test the P10F out one of these days. Looks like a winner. I’m surprised at how good the stock trigger on the P10S is. It’s the first CZ that I have no intentions of modifying.

See you Thursday evening

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I gave my M38 to my youngest today. Nothing really changes though as he keeps his guns in my safe but I can’t sell it now. Plus, it makes a nice addition to his small collection of milsurps. Right now, that’s a K98, Russian SKS and the M38. Everyone needs a Mosin.

Surely, that's written in indelible ink within the CZ'icko code of conduct ! :D

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

That's a cool combo, Tarzan ! :yesway:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Surely, that's written in indelible ink within the CZ'icko code of conduct ! :D

When Mosin’s were going for $95, I thought that there was no good reason for everyone to not have access to a reasonably good rifle. 95% of homes should have a usable rifle in them and the old, cheap Mosins were a good choice. But, they are now getting expensive and the number of people capable of shooting them accurately at even 25 yards is diminishing. It was a nice thought but the world is moving towards dependency sadly.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Also had a crappy day at work but I survived and learned some things, so not all is lost. Let’s hope Wednesday goes better for everyone! It’s my short day, so I get to work a normal shift rather than my normal 10 hours. :):

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    When Mosin’s were going for $95, I thought that there was no good reason for everyone to not have access to a reasonably good rifle. 95% of homes should have a usable rifle in them and the old, cheap Mosins were a good choice. But, they are now getting expensive and the number of people capable of shooting them accurately at even 25 yards is diminishing. It was a nice thought but the world is moving towards dependency sadly.

Also known as snowflake'itis​ !

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    GM - How did it run with Kidd trigger?

Fantastic. I had zero problems. I was pushing it to make sure the new 25 rd mags I got were gtg before showing up at a match with it and it just ran like a scalded dog.:yesway:

The 25 rd mags have a rib across the back that I had to file some of them down to fit and others were fine. Ruger needs to step up their QC on those.

That's a cool combo, Tarzan ! :yesway:

Thanks. It was an interesting mix to play with.

...I’m surprised at how good the stock trigger on the P10S is. It’s the first CZ that I have no intentions of modifying...

Yep, I have no intent of changing the trigger on my P10C. The P10F came with the HBI trigger or I would have left it stock.

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I grew up with a rifle in my hand shooting something from about the age of 5. It was a different time back then and of coarse it wasn't a city.
    Being a "good shot" was something to aspire to. It was important to me as far back as I can remember. With irons on squirrels and birds and sometimes rabbits but i liked a shotgun for rabbits. Had to earn it with irons though. A scope was cheating as my dad said.
    We used scopes when we went prairie dog shooting in the dakotas. And yeah, it was kinda cheating but you had to have the fundamentals down and also know how to use a scope and read the wind or you wouldn't be hitting those little rats. Sometimes only a head would be sticking out of that hole but if you got him it would drag his ass right out sometimes lol.
    Those were fun times. I need to get on it and buy land this spring so I can properly teach my kids this stuff they need to know. Better than i have.

Gm thats an awesome rifle. Already loved on the pistol pic lol

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Fantastic. I had zero problems. I was pushing it to make sure the new 25 rd mags I got were gtg before showing up at a match with it and it just ran like a scalded dog.:yesway:

The 25 rd mags have a rib across the back that I had to file some of them down to fit and others were fine. Ruger needs to step up their QC on those.

Thanks. It was an interesting mix to play with.

Yep, I have no intent of changing the trigger on my P10C. The P10F came with the HBI trigger or I would have left it stock.

The ultra light is such and cool gun! I have to say that I hoping to give you P10F a run!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom