• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    P07 will have a better out of box trigger than the PCR.

A fully done up PCR trigger will be better than a fully done up P07 trigger.

A P-07 is cheaper to fully upgrade.

PCR mags cost less money and can use all the other metal framed CZ mags.

The P07 is more popular because of availability, slightly lower cost and it's polymer framed.
    The polymer guns are way more plentiful in CZ land than metal framed guns. Main reason is the shipments that come into the states with the metal frame guns. Think "batches". You'll see PCR's and P-01's for awhile, then Rami's, then P97's and so forth.

PCR will take my 75 mags??? That would seal the deal. I already have a bunch. The P07 won’t take 75 mags?

Either would eventually get the full boat Wiz treatment. I don’t take money into account (within reason, these are only a few hundred apart) since I’m willing to wait and save if need be to get the right thing.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Getting close to calling it a day for me.
    Going pretty good here.
    Our little guy is working on walking so we are pretty busy trying to keep up with him.
    Night sleep is getting better.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    CZickos.....enlighten me. PCR vs a P07. Im wanting a Glock 19 size gun to carry when I can manage something bigger than my shield.

PCR or P07 are the two finalists. I can’t think of a reason to go P07 over a PCR. The PCR is metal and lighter. PCR only gives up 1 round (14 vs 19).

What am I missing here? Sounds like a lot of people have the P07.....why?

My preference, currently, is the PCR followed by the P-01. The P-07 is well regarded and a solid option, it’s also plastic and I struggle with that.

FWIW, I’m content with the factory PCR trigger. It’s not an award winning Wizard trigger, but it works for the intended purpose. I will be swapping spring around some between my P-01 and PCR, but that’s strictly because the lightest spring in the P-01 can’t reliably run my Kadet kit. When I find what makes the Kadet kit run reliably, I’ll set the PCR to match.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    PCR will take my 75 mags??? That would seal the deal. I already have a bunch. The P07 won’t take 75 mags?

Either would eventually get the full boat Wiz treatment. I don’t take money into account since I’m willing to wait and save if need be to get the right thing.
    PCR has my vote too

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Either would eventually get the full boat Wiz treatment. I don’t take money into account since I’m willing to wait and save if need be to get the right thing.
    In the long run I think you would be happier with a PCR. If you get one start the dry firing right away. It would be good to get as many trigger pulls as you can before sending it to the Wizard.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    How are the PCR aluminum frames? Any concern with the steel slide riding in Aluminum channels? Galling or any issues with durability?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom