• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Over yonder with us'ins we are looking at heavy rain then 1-8" of snow. Luckily for this snow event, I don't have anything scheduled outside the office after today (yet).

so what day is this snow rolling into you folks in Canada..?

I keep checking here in the Arid Belt and we get rain but nothing about SCHNOW.!!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Something I've never done before is learned how to fan a revolver properly.

There's no "proper" way to do it and it's always hard on the mechanism. The two handed holds the cowboy action people use are better and much more accurate, but doesn't look as good.;)

Old Colts have twice the mainspring power of anybody's repros and require a serious hit if you want to fan them, I would get an Uberti for having fun.:)

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    There's no "proper" way to do it and it's always hard on the mechanism. The two handed holds the cowboy action people use are better and much more accurate, but doesn't look as good.;)

Old Colts have twice the mainspring power of anybody's repros and require a serious hit if you want to fan them, I would get an Uberti for having fun.:)
    Something tells me that some good leather gloves would be helpful for this as well.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Something tells me that some good leather gloves would be helpful for this as well.

Very true.

It's tougher to do than it looks because you have to get the hammer all the way back unless you do it hard enough to spin the cylinder faster. The hammer can end up not hitting the primer. Hitting the gun at an oblique angle to get your hand to slide over the hammer and carry it back doesn't help keep it on target either. It's fun though just to see how close you can get to hitting something.;)

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Breakfast for dinner tonight.
    I could ALMOST eat breakfast for EVERY meal.....ham and eggs, bacon :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance:and eggs, toast......French toast, pancakes and sausage.....plus everything above......bagels are a good filler with Philly Strawberry or Blueberry cream cheese on top......did I mention omelettes ?????........LOL

Oh, and I forget Crepes......wife's dad made an "industrial" Crepe maker. You just fill the batter hopper and can make Cremes 8 or 10" wide by.........almost 24" wide....... runs on 220v just like everything does in

Czech Republic......CZ!!!!! they even know how to do breakfast right!!!! :alright::alright::alright:

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    ......Crepes 8 or 10" wide...... guess I got hungry typing this up. Wife's parents were originally from CZ, defected to Australia, in 1968. Her dad was an engineer.....so I got the best of the world. Wife can cook traditional European dishes BUT.... cuss and sware with the best of ya blokes!!!!

So in case ya didn't know......

AC/DC is from OZ !!!! and it's pronounced "Akka Dakka" in the land down under.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom