wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Hey CZ gurus I have a question.

Just got back from the range with the new to me CZ sp01. My first actual CZ. Second trip with it. Ran roughly 100 rounds first outing. On my 10th and final mag today the trigger quit. Can pull it but it doesn't drop the hammer. Decocker seems to work as it should. It's all stock with no upgrades.

Any suggestions on what look for when I take it apart later?

Not a guru, but it sounds like a broken spring... :dunno:

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Hey CZ gurus I have a question.

Just got back from the range with the new to me CZ sp01. My first actual CZ. Second trip with it. Ran roughly 100 rounds first outing. On my 10th and final mag today the trigger quit. Can pull it but it doesn't drop the hammer. Decocker seems to work as it should. It's all stock with no upgrades.

Any suggestions on what look for when I take it apart later?
    In DA if the trigger bar spring broke or has come out of the grooved track on the underside of the trigger bar, it will not fire. If for some reason the trigger did not reset, it will not fire.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Sadly besides daily carry pieces and maintaining my bedside AR. I haven't even touched any of my guns in a year or so

Same here, haven't done hardly any shooting in '21. Hopefully that all changes this year. New schedule should allow for more freedoms. that reminds me, CM text inbound...

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    In DA if the trigger bar spring broke or has come out of the grooved track on the underside of the trigger bar, it will not fire. If for some reason the trigger did not reset, it will not fire.
    I'll look into the trigger bar spring

I pulled the slide and don't visibly see anything from the top side. I reinstalled the slide and 90% of the time the trigger is working as it should. When it fails I pull the trigger and nothing happens but a few times it sets the hammer to the decocked position. Sometimes if I release and press trigger again it will work drop the hammer then. Maybe 10% of the time this happens.

Gonna pull the grips and see what I can see from the underside

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Is your SP-01 stock or possible have an 85C trigger from CGW installed? It kind of sounds like the reach reduction setscrew did not have Loctite applied. If so as you shoot more that setscrew will back out causing the DA not to reset.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Is your SP-01 stock or possible have an 85C trigger from CGW installed? It kind of sounds like the reach reduction setscrew did not have Loctite applied. If so as you shoot more that setscrew will back out causing the DA not to reset.
    No. It's stock.

Pulled a grip off and looked like the spring was out of the groove on one side of the trigger bar. Set it back in place and tried 50 times. No issues.

Now how do you keep it from doing that again? Is the spring weak and not keeping enough tension to stay in that little groove?

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Doing a little bit of maintenance today. Cleaning mama and I’s carry guns and a couple others. I remain really impressed with the Sig P365, love it. I really look forward to plinking more with our baby in heavens legacy Wrangler this year. The 10mm just is what it is. Beast of a gun. Sporting one of your old lights, CM.;)

38827EF1-FFEE-4952-93A1-80E2E8E94CE7.jpeg

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    No. It's stock.

Pulled a grip off and looked like the spring was out of the groove on one side of the trigger bar. Set it back in place and tried 50 times. No issues.

Now how do you keep it from doing that again? Is the spring weak and not keeping enough tension to stay in that little groove?
    With the frame in hand the spring on the left side when out of the groove should look like it is up about 1/16" above the bottom edge of the trigger bar. The right side should be up about 1/8" above the bottom edge of the trigger bar. This should give sufficient upward tension on the trigger bar. I use a small pair of needle nose plyers to adjust the spring up or down. Pay attention that the spring is located center of the groove or that could possibly cause it to jump out especially if it does not have sufficient upward pressure.

Last edited:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    With the frame in hand the spring on the left side when out of the groove should look like it is up about 1/16" above the bottom edge of the trigger bar. The right side should be up about 1/8" above the bottom edge of the trigger bar. This should give sufficient upward tension on the trigger bar. I use a small pair of needle nose plyers to adjust the spring up or down. Pay attention that the spring is located center of the groove or that could possibly cause it to jump out especially if it does not have sufficient upward pressure.
    OK. So if I unseat the springs and put towards inside 1 spring goes down a 1/16th or so. The other 1 doesn't come down at all. When I go to reseat that one I have to actually push it down into the groove.

Guess I need new springs

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom