Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    With the frame in hand the spring on the left side when out of the groove should look like it is up about 1/16" above the bottom edge of the trigger bar. The right side should be up about 1/8" above the bottom edge of the trigger bar. This should give sufficient upward tension on the trigger bar. I use a small pair of needle nose plyers to adjust the spring up or down. Pay attention that the spring is located center of the groove or that could possibly cause it to jump out especially if it does not have sufficient upward pressure.
    This sounds like a complication that will keep me from buying an SP01. Is my P07 suffering from a similar setup?

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    OK. So if I unseat the springs and put towards inside 1 spring goes down a 1/16th or so. The other 1 doesn't come down at all. When I go to reseat that one I have to actually push it down into the groove.

Guess I need new springs
    If you send it to the Wizard(llh1956), he can tune that baby up with CGW goodies. You won't believe the difference. Congrats on the SP-01, by the way.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    It kind of sounds like the reach reduction setscrew did not have Loctite applied. If so as you shoot more that setscrew will back out causing the DA not to reset.
    This was the culprit. Set screw was loose and allowed the spring to shift and lose tension. Tightened the set screw and rechecked function. Perfect. Now I'll pull the set screw and loctite in place.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    If you send it to the Wizard(llh1956), he can tune that baby up with CGW goodies. You won't believe the difference. Congrats on the SP-01, by the way.
    Definitely will want to cajunize in the future, just not in the budget at the moment.
    Wife just had me spend over 2k on a new mattress set. Had to book/rent a home for daughters wedding in July. New dryer a month ago. Pretty good size vet bill a week ago for the mastiff.

The cash has been flowing

money-throwing-it-away.gif

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    This was the culprit. Set screw was loose and allowed the spring to shift and lose tension. Tightened the set screw and rechecked function. Perfect. Now I'll pull the set screw and loctite in place.
    If you pull that spring out it can be a real bugger to get back in its proper positioning. Because when you really put the tight to it sometimes it will move when you do not want it too.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    If you pull that spring out it can be a real bugger to get back in its proper positioning. Because when you really put the tight to it sometimes it will move when you do not want it too.
    I used a pick to put pressure on the spring in the opposite direction while tightening. It kept wanting to turn the spring in that direction without doing this. All secure and have now racked and dry fired 200 times without issue. Should be good to go, but will definitely be checking that screw every so often.

Thanks so much for the help :yesway:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I used a pick to put pressure on the spring in the opposite direction while tightening. It kept wanting to turn the spring in that direction without doing this. All secure and have now racked and dry fired 200 times without issue. Should be good to go, but will definitely be checking that screw every so often.

Thanks so much for the help :yesway:
    You probably already know this, but an oring or foam earplug works well for dry fire on the hammer fired CZ handguns.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom