Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:
    Morning all :coffee:

Morning Vinny

9.5 hours of sleep - real sleep..wow.!

so the ice is a-coming to the AridBelt along with 8-10 inches of fluffy white after 1/4 - 1/2" of frozen.

I hafta drive this weekend so I am outta here tomorrow during the Pre-Rain event

These next few days outta be something.

dagg-nabb-it

Nice sleep!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Right now, the wife is in CA visiting her mother. All week long, I’ve been telling her about the weather, saying that after dinner on Wednesday travel gets iffy. So, she texts me this morning that her flight arrives at midnight tomorrow. WTH is she thinking? They have internet in CA and she knows there’s bad weather setting in tomorrow. Sheesh.

To be honest, I’d be surprised if the flight is not canceled. Midnight tomorrow puts it right after the potential ice/snow changeover.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Looks like we'll be stuck on the icy ridges for a while, this is looking much like last year only contending with covid. On the plus side the gardener is now well aware of the limitations of machinery on 10% icy grade, that should make things more peaceful.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Now......we got gas blowing inside a wall in the garage, since around 9am, 2 grown men know about this.....do YA THINK anyone besides me has THOUGHT MAYBE TO SHUT THE SOURCE OF THIS BIG PROBLEM OFF!?!?!?! Hell NO!!!! NO HOUSE BOOM BOOM thanks to me.
    Ok, so I have what I'm sure is a stupid question, but this is the first house we have had with natural gas. Wife and I both were born and raised in FL. Been in IN quite a long time, but my wife was severely burned as a child in a car accident and was very concerned about gas/flame in house, so we on the 2 houses we built, we went all electric.

I assume there should be a gas main line shutoff to the house? Should this be right at the meter, right inside the house where it comes in, etc?

I obviously where my main water shutoff is in the house and outside, etc, but just dawned on me that I don't know how to shutoff the gas in this house.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Ok, so I have what I'm sure is a stupid question, but this is the first house we have had with natural gas. Wife and I both were born and raised in FL. Been in IN quite a long time, but my wife was severely burned as a child in a car accident and was very concerned about gas/flame in house, so we on the 2 houses we built, we went all electric.

I assume there should be a gas main line shutoff to the house? Should this be right at the meter, right inside the house where it comes in, etc?

I obviously where my main water shutoff is in the house and outside, etc, but just dawned on me that I don't know how to shutoff the gas in this house.
    There is a shutoff right at the meter. You will need a cresent wrench or channel locks to turn it. Its a small flat spade with a lock hole in it, you cant miss it. Turn it to where both lock holes line up to shut it off.

Don't turn it back on if you dont know what needs a relight and how to do it. Call the gas company to handle that.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    There is a shutoff right at the meter. You will need a cresent wrench or channel locks to turn it. Its a small flat spade with a lock hole in it, you cant miss it. Turn it to where both lock holes line up to shut it off.

Don't turn it back on if you dont know what needs a relight and how to do it. Call the gas company to handle that.
    Thanks, I'll check that out.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    9.5 hours of sleep - real sleep..wow.!

so the ice is a-coming to the AridBelt along with 8-10 inches of fluffy white after 1/4 - 1/2" of frozen.

I hafta drive this weekend so I am outta here tomorrow during the Pre-Rain event

These next few days outta be something.

dagg-nabb-it
    Be careful driving the next few days. It doesn't sound like a good time for those that have to drive.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I need to toss both batteries on the charger for the snow blower just in case I need it the next few days.

I don't think my neighbor is going anywhere soon, but I will take care of his driveway like usual. He was carted away by ambulance last week. We weren't sure if he had the 'Rona or if it was his heart again. He has the 'Rona, but is back home. We have been checking on him via text to make sure he is good or if he needs anything.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster

no such thing as a stupid question. At the gas meter on the Inlet side, below the Regulator, should be a gas shut off, some are 1/4 turn, but most will go all around. You just turn the keyway perpendicular to the body, so the part where WE (gas company) can put a lock thru to keep the gas shut OFF. Typically, 95% of the time, the shut off is on the LEFT side of the gas meter. Also, go out and check, make sure the shut off is not buried by landscaping - ie. mulch, rocks, etc. Really sucks this time of year, if there is frozen dirt, or mulch over the shut off......landscapers, for some dumb reason, like to bury the shut off.

When shutting the valve OFF - key is slow, steady pressure.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Why would the gas need shut off? If there's a problem? Not sure I'm understanding this.
    If there's a problem, or the guy who installed the furnace, installed the shut OFF after the union. Your control valve goes bad on the furnace, needs replaced. You either need a flex line or union to break loose to change out the control valve. I've seen a lot of "reputable HVAC techs" install the shut off to the furnace, AFTER the union :ugh:.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    If there's a problem, or the guy who installed the furnace, installed the shut OFF after the union. Your control valve goes bad on the furnace, needs replaced. You either need a flex line or union to break loose to change out the control valve. I've seen a lot of "reputable HVAC techs" install the shut off to the furnace, AFTER the union :ugh:.

Okay, so not concerned unless there's some type of issue. Thanks.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Wow..... lots going on with you gangsters ! Nothing exciting to report here. I ran the genny and the snow blower yesterday. Also, filled two 5gal. jugs with gas. I guess that I'm ready !?!

Even in a power outage, I can always play acoustic guitar. If I have to expire in a snowstorm, at least I'll go out singing !

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    What's the "union" ? Sorry, but I don't follow !

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Uniquenateo
    Top Bottom