The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I like the idea but we could work on the execution just a bit...

9535314cbe9ea2b9198accf2f237db1d.jpg

2bbffbcaadddf0ebc6a549c2fcbd2ee6.png

1e79ae935ac292ad644e02394437e335.png

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I had a bit of success last night in finally being able to get the mag catch piston out of the mag catch on a P10C frame. It soaked in Kroil for about 2 weeks and didn’t take much to pull it out even without heat.

Parts have been ordered to replace the catch pin, plunger and spring which will put this P10C back in service. I’d love to see CGW produce a stainless plunger and retaining pin to make the P10 series a bit more sweat resistant in that area. Those parts would be usable in P07/P09s as well.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

I had a bit of success last night in finally being able to get the mag catch piston out of the mag catch on a P10C frame. It soaked in Kroil for about 2 weeks and didn’t take much to pull it out even without heat.

Parts have been ordered to replace the catch pin, plunger and spring which will put this P10C back in service. I’d love to see CGW produce a stainless plunger and retaining pin to make the P10 series a bit more sweat resistant in that area. Those parts would be usable in P07/P09s as well.

You have my thanks for working on such a stubborn issue for me. The frame sat for 2 months with weekly applications of first Ballistol and then WD-40 on the mechanisms, to no avail. My hardware kung fu is weak when it comes to guns, unfortunately. Very glad yours is up to snuff... :yesway:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

Kroil is amazing stuff. Mixed with patience will solve a sticky problem.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You have my thanks for working on such a stubborn issue for me. The frame sat for 2 months with weekly applications of first Ballistol and then WD-40 on the mechanisms, to no avail. My hardware kung fu is weak when it comes to guns, unfortunately. Very glad yours is up to snuff... :yesway:
    88's mind is geared in that way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom