The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Happy to report the furnace is still good.

Told the 72 year old neighbors about it and inspected their flame sensor, it needs cleaned and I told them I'd be happy to do that for them.....as long as I get a peanut butter pie out of the deal.
    Good man!

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Morning all.

Stuck at home until fedex delivers. Brownells thinks it needs my signature for some powder. The way fedex is operating now, the driver probably won't bother with the signature and most likely will leave it on the ground by my mailbox. They mark this as being delivered to the mailroom.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Can’t wait for all of you to check the fit and finish of this one.View attachment 168297

f9396200a7f4cdb4abc509c9b0d2763b.jpg

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I love the idea of a commander… but I’ve never shot one well for some reason. Had a stellar SA Champion that came out of the House of Mouse, couldn’t shoot the darn thing. Then I had a Ruger commander, which I modified and still couldn’t shoot it well… That one ended up with Mouse and he further modified it. I am however able to shoot and carry a full size just fine….

Ruger Commanders and 1791 Gunleathers. These are a few of my favorite things.

Truthfully my accuracy is suffering on this one. Time for a new barrel. What mods did you do to yours?
    459efffb9247b63ebf488dd91508cb6a.jpg

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    I love the idea of a commander… but I’ve never shot one well for some reason. Had a stellar SA Champion that came out of the House of Mouse, couldn’t shoot the darn thing. Then I had a Ruger commander, which I modified and still couldn’t shoot it well… That one ended up with Mouse and he further modified it. I am however able to shoot and carry a full size just fine….

RH - you could EASILY shoot this BUL Armory salad/demander-commander. It is a breeze to hold and shoot straight.

iu

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Ruger Commanders and 1791 Gunleathers. These are a few of my favorite things.

Truthfully my accuracy is suffering on this one. Time for a new barrel. What mods did you do to yours?
    459efffb9247b63ebf488dd91508cb6a.jpg
    Mine would not reliably cycle when I got it new, I had to break it down and smooth things out. I don’t remember all the details, but it was quite a bit of work. I think mostly it was looks. I removed the laser marks on the slide abs frame, then bead blasted it. Sweet gun when I was done with it!

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Mine would not reliably cycle when I got it new, I had to break it down and smooth things out. I don’t remember all the details, but it was quite a bit of work. I think mostly it was looks. I removed the laser marks on the slide abs frame, then bead blasted it. Sweet gun when I was done with it!

Look familiar? I got this from the mouse a while back. Sounds like this may have been yours in the past. IMG_20211118_124159.jpgVery sweet shooter btw. The trigger.....omg. 2lbs 11oz of greatness

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Morning all.

Stuck at home until fedex delivers. Brownells thinks it needs my signature for some powder. The way fedex is operating now, the driver probably won't bother with the signature and most likely will leave it on the ground by my mailbox. They mark this as being delivered to the mailroom.

Fed Ex made Mrs. Mcapo show her ID as age verification for the last powder delivery.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I had some feeding issues remedied be a new spring. Went WC flatwire.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    A disposal from the Cody Museum arrived today, one of the first Manhattan revolvers made while Thomas Bacon was running the operation. Shortly after it's inception the owners of Manhattan move to NJ from Norwich Conn. into a new manufacturing facility, but Bacon parts ways with the company to stay in Norwich. He later founds his own company making a gun that closely resembles this revolver, it's part of an earlier post. Non functional, it's in the solvent tank now and I'll get it apart in the near future. I've worked on both Bacons and later Manhattans so it shouldn't be too hard.earlybcmh.jpg

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Look familiar? I got this from the mouse a while back. Sounds like this may have been yours in the past. View attachment 168308Very sweet shooter btw. The trigger.....omg. 2lbs 11oz of greatness
    That’s it! I loved that gun, carried it for awhile. But after trying… and trying… I just couldn’t shoot it well. Looks good though!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I'm waiting for something that will require me to work....in order to employ it.
    But that's OK, as I'm still happy for the chance to use it this Fall.
    An Ego battery-powered (5.0 Amps !) "brushless" leaf blower is enroute. Between here and the cabin, I have a lot of leaves to move this year. The last time I used my old, corded B&D blower, the motor actually started smoking.....then, it stopped !

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom