The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    I usually replaced the HSI when cleaning the flame rod, especially if it was 3 to 5 years old. The newer ones (nitrile) would last longer than the nitrides.
    You're right about krap in the air. Went into a beauty salon for a gas leak. Furnace was less than 7 years old. Hair spray and hair dies ate that 80% right up. She changed to 90+, with sealed combustion chamber, getting intake air from outside. She had went with 80% furnaces because her furnace guy "recommended" that they were more reliable. I changed her mtr out probably 5 years later, 90+ was looking good in the burner area because it wasn't sucking all those chemicals in anymore.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ye
    has he had any issues since cleaning it??? Flame rod looks good in last photo.
    ah that’s after master-bating it with scotch brite.
    He has also stepped up to a high density filter right about the time he started seeing problems. Sometimes depending on duct capacity/efficiency this is not a positive move. The high density filter slows the return a bit over a standard throw away filter. Add in a 20 year old blower motor that’s possibly slowing with age and maybe some build up in the vanes of the blower wheel and that all adds up. Lower air flow abs higher discharge air temps as the air picks up more heat passing the heat exchanger. Let the filter get dirty and there is the possibility of a high temp lock out again as 20 year old sensors are getting weak.

Told him to go back to the standard throw away and clean the rod. And start saving his pennys. After 15 years his furnace is on free money. Get ready for an up grade.

My last unit was near over 20 when it started to eat money.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I usually replaced the HSI when cleaning the flame rod, especially if it was 3 to 5 years old. The newer ones (nitrile) would last longer than the nitrides.
    You're right about krap in the air. Went into a beauty salon for a gas leak. Furnace was less than 7 years old. Hair spray and hair dies ate that 80% right up. She changed to 90+, with sealed combustion chamber, getting intake air from outside. She had went with 80% furnaces because her furnace guy "recommended" that they were more reliable. I changed her mtr out probably 5 years later, 90+ was looking good in the burner area because it wasn't sucking all those chemicals in anymore.
    Furnace guy made more money and easier install. That’s the game.
    Yup the newer HSI are far better.
    We heat mainly with wood so cycle count is very low per year for us.
    If people understood what they were breathing and the long term effects we might be healthier over all.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    I have Lennox, came with the house.....ugh. Decent furnace, 90+ spark ignition pilot, only thing that sucks, most parts have to be bought thru your dealer. I overhauled it 10 years ago, a Bryant pilot hood assembly was $16, a Lennox was $90 with a discount for being a furnace technician.
    Changing out the run capacitor can add several years to a blower motor, and yes changing the cheaper filters more often instead of using the higher density $$$$ ones.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have Lennox, came with the house.....ugh. Decent furnace, 90+ spark ignition pilot, only thing that sucks, most parts have to be bought thru your dealer. I overhauled it 10 years ago, a Bryant pilot hood assembly was $16, a Lennox was $90 with a discount for being a furnace technician.
    Changing out the run capacitor can add several years to a blower motor, and yes changing the cheaper filters more often instead of using the higher density $$$$ ones.
    I hate Lennox for that reason. And they are not a superior system.
    I put maybe 3 run caps in the old Goodman that was in my house. That furnace outlived 2 condensers.

Why am I awake again….2 hour maint schedule. I wake up every 2 hours to at least check the appliance’s. Service as required.
    Miss one and it could (and has) get messy.

Now I go for re-sleep.
    Fun times.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Happy to report that my ear stopped hurting yesterday and have been pain free since.

My right knee is another story. I think all the bending and twisting during the attic insulation adventure messed something up.

I'll be 39 next month don't ya know.....:fogey:

Welp, I'll be 68 at the end of the month and I'm here to tell ya - it does NOT get any better.

*stairs are the worst*

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Before I went to the cabin last weekend, I poked into the safe, and saw this Tauri (Sic) .. ....lonely, and neglected.
    I mean .... it wasn't the gun's fault that it was sent to me as a replacement for an errant Rossi .... after a wait of 18 months !
    There's something very elemental about a brutish .357 revolver. Honestly, I find the finish on this to be fascinating, and attractive on some level. Plus, the logos and other engravings on the frame are so miniscule, that they could be called admirable.

I threw some hot 125 gr. cartridges in it, dusted-off the leather Galco holster for it, and made it my cabin carry piece for the day. I liked it ! :)

i-KNtLV4X-L.jpg

dddddddddon't you S&W owners get bent out of shape ..... I own those too ! ;)
    I’ll admit to being a snob about revolvers, but currently don’t own a DA wheel gun and appreciate this post. So handy sometimes…

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom