The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Sends you to email to request the code then I go to the inbox to get the code and can't get back to the place to put the code in.
    I had a hell of a time the other day. I was doing something wrong when I went back to Ingo to enter the code. But can't remember what I did. There's always next time. :cool:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Sends you to email to request the code then I go to the inbox to get the code and can't get back to the place to put the code in.
    Should be able to switch between apps in the phone. What model phone are you using?

That said, looks like you must have figured it out another way.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    What year? 5.3? Could it maybe be piston slap? Those are pretty bad about that when cold with some miles on them.
    08 5.3 with 131k ish. I did an AFM delete with a BTR cam but i only replaced the afm lifters instead of all 16. I put stainless ARP exhaust manifold bolts in it last time, iirc those was the biggest PITA of the job. I dont think its piston slap since that gradually shows up, this tick was loud and not there last time i drove it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    08 5.3 with 131k ish. I did an AFM delete with a BTR cam but i only replaced the afm lifters instead of all 16. I put stainless ARP exhaust manifold bolts in it last time, iirc those was the biggest PITA of the job. I dont think its piston slap since that gradually shows up, this tick was loud and not there last time i drove it.
    In dead winter I get a mild piston slap in my 5.3 until it warms up but it has to be pretty cold for it to show up. 155K on the meter.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Someone come swap the lifters and cam in my gmc. Took it pull a dump trailer over to the haunted house and it ticked like crazy until it warmed up. Decisions decisions.

Welcome back! Whered you go lol?
    How long did it set before you used it. My daughters Navigator with the big Lincoln engine did this until I started using Lucas oil treatment. It stayed quite until it was time to change the oil. Within 300 miles of OC miles it would start to become audible again.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    How long did it set before you used it. My daughters Navigator with the big Lincoln engine did this until I started using Lucas oil treatment. It stayed quite until it was time to change the oil. Within 300 miles of OC miles it would start to become audible again.
    I think Mrs.BRC took it yesterday to drop my paycheck off at the bank. Its the primary dog hauler.
    In dead winter I get a mild piston slap in my 5.3 until it warms up but it has to be pretty cold for it to show up. 155K on the meter.
    Itd be very odd for it to be piston slap. Im going to wait and see if it continues before i get parts on the way. Might change the oil and try some lucas. Also might start hunting for another 5.3 to have on a stand.

Idk, i called it quits early tonight so i have to much time to think about spending money i haven’t made yet lol.

Last edited:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I think Mrs.BRC took it yesterday to drop my paycheck off at the bank. Its the primary dog hauler.

Itd be very odd for it to be piston slap. Im going to wait and see if it continues before i get parts on the way. Might change the oil and try some lucas. Also might start hunting for another 5.3 to have on a stand.

Idk, i called it quits early tonight so i have to much time to think about spending money i haven’t made yet lol.
    Aftermarket lifters?

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    Got any blue paint? :stickpoke:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Check your exhaust manifold bolts. Make sure they are tight. Exhaust leak will tick as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom