The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    The bottom of these (2) specimens is what Mammoth tooth looks like ..... for real !
    It's preserved, and strengthened by high-pressure injection of a substance that's very similar to Super Glue !
    The plastic replica on that inexpensive revolver is a poor look-a-like, IMO ! :facepalm:

i-zzND6XV-L.jpg

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    The bottom of these (2) specimens is what Mammoth tooth looks like ..... for real !
    It's preserved, and strengthened by high-pressure injection of a substance that's very similar to Super Glue !
    The plastic replica on that inexpensive revolver is a poor look-a-like, IMO ! :facepalm:

i-zzND6XV-L.jpg
    That's the real deal there. :thumbsup:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Ugh, taking a break from my foray into gunsmithing. The video didn't look too hard, so I figured I could do it no problem. After going slow and a bit of frustration finding the new "Oh :poop: spring Victory version" out of the carpet several times, I got it all back together in the frame only to go to pull the hammer back to get the slide back on only to find out the hammer don't go back... :ugh:

Cooling off so I can take it all back apart to try again.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well, I got a partial success anyway. Got the TK Victory trigger installed and it works very well. Not that difficult of an installation, but keeping the trigger detent spring from flying away as I tried to install it was a bit of a PITA. The Thunder hammer would not install. I tried everything I could think of, but while I could get it in, I could never get it to cock. The standard hammer installed back in fine, but taking it out and dropping the Thunder hammer in its place just would not work. Very frustrating. May have to call TK to see if I did something wrong or if something is wrong with the hammer... :(

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Well, I got a partial success anyway. Got the TK Victory trigger installed and it works very well. Not that difficult of an installation, but keeping the trigger detent spring from flying away as I tried to install it was a bit of a PITA. The Thunder hammer would not install. I tried everything I could think of, but while I could get it in, I could never get it to cock. The standard hammer installed back in fine, but taking it out and dropping the Thunder hammer in its place just would not work. Very frustrating. May have to call TK to see if I did something wrong or if something is wrong with the hammer... :(
    That spring is frustrating. I had to retrieve it 4 times. Couldn't believe I actually found it that many times. Results are good though.
    Can't offer any suggestions for the hammer. Mine did not have that problem.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Dremel it until it works or until it won't ever work.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Ugh, taking a break from my foray into gunsmithing. The video didn't look too hard, so I figured I could do it no problem. After going slow and a bit of frustration finding the new "Oh :poop: spring Victory version" out of the carpet several times, I got it all back together in the frame only to go to pull the hammer back to get the slide back on only to find out the hammer don't go back... :ugh:

Cooling off so I can take it all back apart to try again.

Perhaps a 2-finger, no...make that a 3-finger AngelEnvy neat will soothe that extra high blood pressure....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom