The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hang in there Mouse if you can. A WW2 vet that I worked with for years had pancreatic cancer and was told he wouldn't make it at first, but he got better after treatments. In the end he got to see more grandchildren and lasted until a heart attack in his sleep years later. He had great WW2 stories that entertained everybody in the lab where I worked. I was glad to see him get those extra years.

A heavy smoker, I like to believe that he smoked one more before going to sleep that last night. It was something he really enjoyed. In the end, I think that's what life is about, enjoying the ride.
    This has been a stellar and storied ride my friend. No complaints from me.
    Any extra time I have will be well spent I promise.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Glad to hear you are still in the fight CM!

Now get strong so you can show me how to really use this (came home today)!View attachment 171537
    An RO target is a good choice in that price point.
    I have a padawan learning in progress.
    Shoot it in. Put some rounds through it and pay close attention to the trigger/ignition controls. After a few hundred they start to smooth out. When that happens hit me up. I know a guy or 2.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    This has been a stellar and storied ride my friend. No complaints from me.
    Any extra time I have will be well spent I promise.

I have to pass on one of his stories.

He told us once that perspectives change as you get older. When he was in Normandy he went into an empty house and found several bottles of wine. Stuffing these into every pocket and other area he had, he went back to his buddies with what promised to be a great evening. Walking down a road through the hedgerows along with a column of troops he was strafed by a German airplane. He started to jump into a ditch along the road like everybody else but was worried more about breaking any of the bottles than he was about bullets piercing his mortal hide. Time changes perspective he always said.;)

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I want to share an update on my struggles with the big "C"
    This morning they ran me trough the glowing tube to see if wee have made any positive progress.....or not.

I had 3 options...
    (1) The Tumors were static and not grown or shrank. A family meeting would be called, and we would discuss if I were to carry on in this with no real positives.

(2) the Tumors had shrank enough for me to see the need to proceed and just feel like a bucket of :poop: 10 days out of the 14 day cycle for the treatments

(3) The Tumors had grown, and I would just go home and ride this wave until it crashed on the beach.

Its #2 so I continued today and right now and smiling.
    Your prayers and positive thoughts have been answered.
    I am not out of this yet and probably won't get clear of it, but I bought some much valued time.
    You will have me to kick around for a bit longer.....:)
    That is good news!

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    This morning they ran me trough the glowing tube to see if wee have made any positive progress.....or not.

I had 3 options...
    (1) The Tumors were static and not grown or shrank. A family meeting would be called, and we would discuss if I were to carry on in this with no real positives.

(2) the Tumors had shrank enough for me to see the need to proceed and just feel like a bucket of :poop: 10 days out of the 14 day cycle for the treatments

(3) The Tumors had grown, and I would just go home and ride this wave until it crashed on the beach.

I am not out of this yet and probably won't get clear of it, but I bought some much valued time.
    Give em hell bud!

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    An RO target is a good choice in that price point.
    I have a padawan learning in progress.
    Shoot it in. Put some rounds through it and pay close attention to the trigger/ignition controls. After a few hundred they start to smooth out. When that happens hit me up. I know a guy or 2.
    Going to get some range time tomorrow!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

I had 3 options...

This news has made my night. I look forward to the day that you start chasing a bunch of us down to buy guns back Boss.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    This news has made my night. I look forward to the day that you start chasing a bunch of us down to buy guns back Boss.
    He can shoot 'em whenever he wants. Why would he buy 'em back? He'll, we'd even provide ammo.

On a less glorious note, at 0300 this morning Barb's brother Bill's heart wore out and sent him to be with God. We were on our way to see him and got the news in a hotel in Tifton, GA. Was hoping to talk to him one last time.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    He can shoot 'em whenever he wants. Why would he buy 'em back? He'll, we'd even provide ammo.

On a less glorious note, at 0300 this morning Barb's brother Bill's heart wore out and sent him to be with God. We were on our way to see him and got the news in a hotel in Tifton, GA. Was hoping to talk to him one last time.

I’m sorry to hear that Patience. Please extend my condolences to Barb. Safe travels down south.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.

Very sorry to hear this Patience. Prayers to Barb and family.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom