The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Is the SP-01 smaller than the Shadow 2? Love the Shadow 2, but something a little smaller would be perfect for me, I think. I already have a 75 C, but I do like the rail for a light.

Going by memory, it might be a little smaller, but someone who has both will probably come along to give a more informed answer.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    As an SA-22 fan, I've gotta look closer at this one. That. Looks. Cool.

Would be a dream gun in 17HM2 caliber.
    I'm a lefty who wants a carbine 22 semi auto.. Limits the options considerably (I would totally buy a CZ 457 Royal if it didn't have that horrid "CZ 457 Royal" scarring of the stock). My intention is to stick a linear comp on it.. Between bottom ejecting and forward blast, I'm excited for it.

I talked with Marvin02 a bit in the thread regarding 22 LR barrel length and velocity/accuracy. For my skill level (low) and no option for irons on it, I don't see much benefit to longer barrels for 22 LR. (Someone with more muscle or a larger frame might like a larger rifle.)

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Is there a reason to go with something like the Leopold DeltaPoint Pro over something like the Holosun 507C? Especially for something like the SW22? I only ask as I have pretty inexpensive optics on my rimfire handguns (Primary Arms, Weaver, Bushnell) and they seem to work perfectly well. Honestly curious, not bashing anyone else's decision.
    What attracts me to the DPP is that they offer a model with 6moa dot and I also like this size of the window. I've not settled on a particular brand yet. Holosun makes a model with a 8moa circle that interests me.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    What attracts me to the DPP is that they offer a model with 6moa dot and I also like this size of the window. I've not settled on a particular brand yet. Holosun makes a model with a 8moa circle that interests me.

Was just curious as the DPP seems to be quite a bit more, so I was wondering what the additional benefits were. I'm actually not totally unhappy with the Bushnell TRS-25 I put on one of my SW22's. Works decently for standing and punching paper, though if you were going to use it for steel challenge or something like that I could see wanting a reflex sight.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Forgot to add, I'm looking to put a higher end optic on my Ruger Mark IV Competition that I got from Turbo. Got tired of the black on black sights and decided to get an optic for it. I'm really looking forward to trying it out.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Technology has come a long way since then! This was a no scalpel deal. The numbing part was done via some kinda puncture device, didn’t feel but a pinch.
    Mine was supposed to be done that way about 20 years ago, (had talked to the doc about how it would be done, etc) but I had to postpone a week to help a friend move. The Dr (partner of the previous doc) I got the next week said he didn't do it the way the other doc did and did it old school method, and also wouldn't give me any sedative like the other doc said he would.

I've never forgiven the friend I helped move that previous weekend.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom