wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

Monica has insomnia and is currently also sick. I went down early, but was back up with her and then couldn't fall back to sleep for hours. Even with sleeping in I don't think I got enough sleep.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Round 2. GM all. Been a busy couple days, finally all caught up. The Master of Unicorns absence at FGE displeases the RR.

Been pretty hectic here. Ros's 8th bday party yesterday. The dust is finally starting to settle. How is everyone? Stay hydrated people. Whatever it is outside, it can wait.
    Does coffee, diet coke and white monsters count as hydration?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I found out over the weekend that it may be my HBP medication making me feel like I'm in a daze (with lack of sleep being a contributing factor). I got what I felt was normal sleep, but then didn't get to take my medication early in the morning when I got up and only took it pretty close to the time we did 2 hours of walking out in the heat and humidity. I felt fantastic and was full of energy during the walk and even afterwards. Normally walking more than 30 minutes or so would wear on me greatly and I would feel like I had no energy. I had thought it was still due to recovering from my surgery, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I hate having to take meds. Guess I'll need to get with the Doc about what else I can take that helps my BP but doesn't have a ton of side effects.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Does coffee, diet coke and white monsters count as hydration?
    It doesn't not count.
    8d2f56f2d090cd953b85c84a4fa099f6.jpg

Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    I found out over the weekend that it may be my HBP medication making me feel like I'm in a daze (with lack of sleep being a contributing factor). I got what I felt was normal sleep, but then didn't get to take my medication early in the morning when I got up and only took it pretty close to the time we did 2 hours of walking out in the heat and humidity. I felt fantastic and was full of energy during the walk and even afterwards. Normally walking more than 30 minutes or so would wear on me greatly and I would feel like I had no energy. I had thought it was still due to recovering from my surgery, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I hate having to take meds. Guess I'll need to get with the Doc about what else I can take that helps my BP but doesn't have a ton of side effects.
    There ain't no such HBP medication in my experience.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

Everyone is different but I take Lotrel. Been a huge improvement. Had some side effects for the first few weeks but most subsided.

My problem is I haven’t done the diet and exercise part…

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    There ain't no such HBP medication in my experience.

Well, that's disheartening.

Everyone is different but I take Lotrel. Been a huge improvement. Had some side effects for the first few weeks but most subsided.

My problem is I haven’t done the diet and exercise part…

I've had a low to lower sodium diet for the last 25 years. I could and should be eating healthier, but I believe I'm doing well on the diet end. I need to ramp up on the exercise part, but it's been hard because I've had very little energy and when I force myself to do some walking I wear out really quick and it kills the rest of my day. Hoping that changing to a different drug may help. Thanks for letting me know what you're on.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm on a water pill. The waters flowing whether I like it or not... :):
    Does your Dr monitor your potassium level? When I was on a water pill my cardiologist prescribed a potassium pill as well? Maybe you're low on potassium.

Just a thought.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Does your Dr monitor your potassium level? When I was on a water pill my cardiologist prescribed a potassium pill as well? Maybe you're low on potassium.

Just a thought.

I've been taking it as a supplement, but you could be right. I need to go in to get bloodwork done to verify. I'm just not happy with the need to take a water pill in the first place, for a number of reasons. If there's something that works better for me I'm happy to move away from it.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Well, that's disheartening.

I've had a low to lower sodium diet for the last 25 years. I could and should be eating healthier, but I believe I'm doing well on the diet end. I need to ramp up on the exercise part, but it's been hard because I've had very little energy and when I force myself to do some walking I wear out really quick and it kills the rest of my day. Hoping that changing to a different drug may help. Thanks for letting me know what you're on.
    Might want to check the side effects for the medication you are on. I'm on a low dosage of a different hbp medication and the side effects are listed as (at least from one website):

Drinking alcohol can further lower your blood pressure and may increase certain side effects​
    Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated during exercise, in hot weather, or by not drinking enough fluids. can decrease sweating and you may be more prone to heat stroke.​
    Do not use potassium supplements or salt substitutes while taking this medicine, unless your doctor has told you to. (may be different if you are on a water pill, etc as well)​
    Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position, or you may feel dizzy. Get up slowly and steady yourself to prevent a fall.​
    I had the dizzy thing for just a bit when I first started taking it. I don't really drink so not sure about that one. Heat takes it out of me more than when I was younger, but figured that was more about what kind of shape I'm in these days, and just not getting out in it as much as I used to, if I can help it.

I also take a water pill, but that is more for kidney stones in my case, but as I understand also complements the bp med. I take a multi vitamin each day, but not a specific potassium supplement besides what is in my one a day.

As mcapo said, I'm sure different meds, and dosages hit people differently. I can say that my BP seems to be very well managed with a low dosage of what I take, based on what my BP reads at various doctor visits, etc.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Morning all!
    I don't turn my phone off at night. If I get a text and am awake then I'll look at it, but they usually don't wake me up. If someone needs me for whatever reason then I want to be available and a call to me will do the trick.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom