• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    An iron sight trick I used for a while with glasses was to get some cheap readers and break out the lens which did NOT cover the master eye. This works because the master eye sees the sights and the other sees down range. the brain put the two images together. This worked for years until my vision deteriorated and now the non master eye doesn't see well down range so I just dumped the glasses and guess.

Hunting I do with a scope which fixes everything.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    This reminds me...anyone have a recommendation for a good set of shooting glasses with readers?

I bought a couple cheap Amazon ones but looking for something with better optical quality out of the lens.
    Still cheap ones from Amazon, but I have a couple of pairs of these with the focals at the top.

Amazon product ASIN B07JLDFLXJ
    Good for use with pistols for me.

For sunglasses, I wear some of the C-Mates (they have readers built in) from Costa, and I would like to get some prescription lens Costas, but I need to find an optometrist that works directly with Costa as I don't think they allow you to just send them a prescription, etc. Then I could probably double duty those for shooting rifles at least.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I hate days like this when INGO posts blank space no matter how I try to post a link.

Search Elvex - WELRX500C10 on amazon. If those are the ones you're not happy with, I got nothing.

Beware they are listed by diopter and not by magnification so google the conversion calculation if needed.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Milkshakes and fries for lunch after errands. We had yard work done by 1030 this morning.

UPS hopefully delivers before work this after.
    b67fb1f50345d034f6d359977bfc2a55.jpg

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    For sunglasses, I wear some of the C-Mates (they have readers built in) from Costa, and I would like to get some prescription lens Costas, but I need to find an optometrist that works directly with Costa as I don't think they allow you to just send them a prescription, etc. Then I could probably double duty those for shooting rifles at least.
    Actually you can order prescription costas directly if you have a current prescription. Just need to measure your pupillary distance which you can do yourself.

Scroll down the page a bit.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Actually you can order prescription costas directly if you have a current prescription. Just need to measure your pupillary distance which you can do yourself.

Scroll down the page a bit.
    Bookmarked for later...thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom