gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I could've to, trust me...
    I've only seen wounds like that while the blood is still gushing out. One wrong slip and a bicycle chainring will slice like a knife. Fortunately it wasn't me and all I had to do was find the source of screams for help in the distance, help patch him up, call for the medics and help get the guy out of the woods. We put the guy back on his bike and pushed him about 1/2 mile to where the BCSP rangers could get their Gator into the woods. Good times.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    The dispenser I have was $40. The dispenser I want is $899...

I'd like to try the matchmaster when you get it. After waiting one one rcbs chargemaster lite, I got a second one on sale. Modified 2 pans to weigh exactly the same so I don't have to put them on the correct scale. Works well. Still not as fast as throwing charges from my Harrel but I pretend it is more accurate.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I got the bright idea to see if I could hit anything at 50 yards with my trusted model 66. I can't see the sights and the target at the same time, regardless of the distance. This sucks. If I use my left eye, I can see the sights but not the target. If I use my right eye, I can see the target but not the sights.
    Not sure on rifle open sights, but would think it would be like pistol where you can't really focus on both planes at the same time anyway, correct? You either see the front sight clearly or the target clearly, but not both at the same time.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Not sure on rifle open sights, but would think it would be like pistol where you can't really focus on both planes at the same time anyway, correct? You either see the front sight clearly or the target clearly, but not both at the same time.
    Really? I can't see the front sight, the rear sight or the target clearly. Heck....I can't even see the rear sight.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Really? I can't see the front sight, the rear sight or the target clearly. Heck....I can't even see the rear sight.
    I can't find my glasses sometimes ;-)

Should put this guy on the front sight:

waldo.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I got the bright idea to see if I could hit anything at 50 yards with my trusted model 66. I can't see the sights and the target at the same time, regardless of the distance. This sucks. If I use my left eye, I can see the sights but not the target. If I use my right eye, I can see the target but not the sights.
    Assuming your 66 has adjustable sights: "Back in the day", I would use a 3 or 6 pm hold at 25 so I didn't have to cover the target at 50 yards. Then focus on that front sight and cut the target in half at 50.

Model 66 - what a great gun!!!

38 wadcutters in that gun can make a stupid accurate combination...

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    When BA first started this thread, I called it the trigger snob thread. It offended him at first, but he grew to appreciate my meaning.
    memories...
    Morning KJ, Ba and I used to talk about how anyone would settle for a stock trigger. Once we started down the Cajun goodness path nothing else compared. He always said life is too short for a ****** trigger! We were proud trigger snobs:cool:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom