Not open for further replies.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I was dead set on a J-frame until I started looking at the prices. The airweights are the most affordable, but still not inexpensive.

1. I just sold a Taurus 85 SS for $250.
    2. A year ago I bought a Smith hammerless for $300 at Cabelas.
    3. I have seen the Smith J frames for $350: Rural King had a special recently and Marksman Shooting in Westfield had them for $350 awhile back.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That is kind of funny coming from you giving your taste for the finer things in firearms.

You could always pop for Ruger?

It is kind of strange even saying that.
    Thing is a bug is anlast line of defense and sometimes a 1st line if going deep conceal. It would be the one gun that is destined to end up in an evidence locker never to be seen or heard from again. A $900 S&W 360PD is not one I would wish to loose in this way. That is why I opted for the CA BullDog. Not an expensive gun even new. Went bang every trigger pull and was close range effective. The .44 special glazer rounds packed a hella punch.

If the mouse had to actually use it and lost it he would not need therapy.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Man Dean, I don't think you own anything that isn't drool worthy... :drool:

I operate on the only having to buy once policy, latelty that has been the $1000-$1500 range for firearms lately so while I do not buy new guns often just when I do they are very nice

Dean, that Shadow is sexy!

Thank you!!!

Holy crap the S&W 360PD is crazy spendy.

I got it for a steal at the gun club a couple years ago during a Smith and Wesson sale if memory serves around ~$700, plus its a 357 and only weights .88 pounds loaded!

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    That is kind of funny coming from you giving your taste for the finer things in firearms.

You could always pop for Ruger?
    This struck me as kind of funny. Several years ago, CM was kind of a, how do I say this politely, frugal individual. We all thought he had lost his mind when he put together "The Race Gun". It has escalated 1000 fold since that first one. :laugh:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I operate on the only having to buy once policy, latelty that has been the $1000-$1500 range for firearms lately so while I do not buy new guns often just when I do they are very nice

Thank you!!!

I got it for a steal at the gun club a couple years ago during a Smith and Wesson sale if memory serves around ~$700, plus its a 357 and only weights .88 pounds loaded!
    I would ask if you would sell it but I know better. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This struck me as kind of funny. Several years ago, CM was kind of a, how do I say this politely, frugal individual. We all thought he had lost his mind when he put together "The Race Gun". It has escalated 1000 fold since that first one. :laugh:

Yup. I did loose my freaking mind. Trying to find it.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    The Race Gun

2BCCD49F-403F-47A1-BFE4-F029D8C05008_zpsungqvfdx.jpg

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I would ask if you would sell it but I know better. :):

You would not like my answer this pistol has been tricked out as much as a J-Frame can be, Ray Saltzman did a complete action job on it plus I threw on VZ G-10 grips because the recoil from the 357mag broke the factory rubber grips in half :rockwoot:

I will post a video of me touching off a cylinder of 357mag in this pistol its pretty impressive noise and recoil wise!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You would not like my answer this pistol has been tricked out as much as a J-Frame can be, Ray Saltzman did a complete action job on it plus I threw on VZ G-10 grips because the recoil from the 357mag broke the factory rubber grips in half :rockwoot:

I will post a video of me touching off a cylinder of 357mag in this pistol its pretty impressive noise and recoil wise!

Hell I might still want it but that sure would not be a bug. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dcb500
    Top Bottom