Not open for further replies.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I think I found the CZ I want, a P-01 Omega convertible.
    CZ-USA CZ P-01 - CZ-USA

1. I envy you knowing that.
    2. There are so many variations of a single model that it drives me insane, trying to figure out what to grab-up if one would be available, so as not to get the "wrong" model.
    3. My "first" one I grabbed simply b/c a member here (Ggreen, name used w/permission) contacted me about his going up for sale soon, and even though it was pricier compared to the Rugers, Smiths, FNSs, Walthers and the like that I had bought, I grabbed it since it was from a member here that I would have trust in (and I came to find out he treated it with much love, and I believed him, unlike perhaps dealing with "strangers" on Armslist, although I feel I have been quite fortunate).
    4. I have spent hours on the CZ site and others writing down model mumbers with descriptors in my Day Planner, so I can know which is which.
    5. In my case, mine (CZ 75 B Omega Convertible) is a 4.6" barrel with 36 oz. weight, and their is an SP-01 that has a 40 oz weight with a 4.7" barrel that I would pursue if I'm not man enough to step up to a 46 oz model (forget model #).
    6. I could end up doing a trade for another CZ (with my FNS I love and not ready to give up yet unless it was for the prefect CZ model and a perfect trade), or even paying cash (but some of the prices I see are so close to new: I'd just buy new, of which there is no hurry for that and more "trimming" must be done.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You should have waited for the FNS. Odds are Doddg will be selling one soon. :D

1. Perceptive of you. :dunno: I do love to process my thoughts and I do telegraph where I'm headed.
    2. Just shot the FNS Longslide, CZ 75 B and my Glock 26 yesterday, to see if I'm willing to give up the FNS yet, but it keeps earning its keep right along side of my "new" CZ, and I love the feel of it/size of the FNS (even though a polymer and stiker-fired) that I bought off a member here (traded my other FNS Bronze to a member here).
    3. If there was a trade for the right CZ (member here probably not going to do so: my experience was that most already had 2-3 FNSs or were not into them), I would be interested, like for a 40 oz, or 46 oz model (a tactical, for example), or even for a Shadow 2, but I'd have to have much cash for that and I can't imagine someone with Shadow 2 experience doing so.
    4. I traded off the Bronze FNS to a member who loved the FNS and had "a few." It was a pleasure dealing with a long-time member who knows everyone who appreciates the FNS like I do (giving verification that I'm not "daft.") :laugh:
    5. I have been told by a couple of member to settle down and enjoy my 75 B and not be in a hurry, and that is what I think will naturally happen, since I do enjoy it so, just like I enjoy my FNS, Glock 26 and even my old brick-style Ruger P89: all for different reasons of joy.
    6. I have limited my calibers and sold off accordingly, and have narrowed down my love for 9mm, narrowing down, eliminating certain brands (of which I've learned to not mention or the critics come out. :laugh: ).
    7. I was doing fine until the CZ thread invaded my life and captured my imagination since members involved were greatly respected by me and I wanted to glean from their experience.
    8. I love it when certain members say to stay away form a certain brand (s) b/c of their experience, and I have done exactly that :coffee:. (believe it or not)

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    1. I envy you knowing that.
    2. There are so many variations of a single model that it drives me insane, trying to figure out what to grab-up if one would be available, so as not to get the "wrong" model.
    This is why people end up with multiples, because there isn't necessarily a wrong or right model and they like several different versions. Like BA had stated before, if you set them up similar in operation (trigger travel, pull weight, break, reset), you can still enjoy the same thing while experiencing the differences too.

I have had the luxury of handling numerous quality and well tuned up CZ handguns over the last few years. That has helped me get to the point where I am now. While I appreciate a stellar trigger I'm always price conscious and want something good enough out of the box. I get too easily wrapped in modifying and tweaking things here and there. Right now I want to train and get more rounds down range to increase my proficiency. I'd rather put the money into the ammo at the range than parts at the bench. I know this goes against the grain in here, but that's just how my mind works. I lost my *** on every gun that I poured upgrades into, kills me just thinking about it.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Morning everyone. I actually made it to the range last evening. I don't think I even shot 100 rounds but it was nice getting out there. It reinforced that these skills, even those with lesser skills, deteriorate quickly. But it was fun hanging out with the Wiz and Hoosier45.

Good times. Great guns. Even better guys.

And no groping on the first range trip. I'm not that kind of guy.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    This is why people end up with multiples, because there isn't necessarily a wrong or right model and they like several different versions. Like BA had stated before, if you set them up similar in operation (trigger travel, pull weight, break, reset), you can still enjoy the same thing while experiencing the differences too.

I have had the luxury of handling numerous quality and well tuned up CZ handguns over the last few years. That has helped me get to the point where I am now. While I appreciate a stellar trigger I'm always price conscious and want something good enough out of the box. I get too easily wrapped in modifying and tweaking things here and there. Right now I want to train and get more rounds down range to increase my proficiency. I'd rather put the money into the ammo at the range than parts at the bench. I know this goes against the grain in here, but that's just how my mind works. I lost my *** on every gun that I poured upgrades into, kills me just thinking about it.

Some are gun collectors; some are gun users; some are both. You are trying to focus on being a gun user. Nothing wrong with that...I am a little envious actually. I've been more like a dog with a yard full of squirrels (PHANTOM!) lately.

I have found that sometimes for a gun you intend to use - you have to buy it and run it your way. You can rent, you can borrow (always a good idea) but you don't totally know a gun until you've spent to quality one on one time together. Maybe that means losing a little bit of money from time to time but this is a hobby. Most of us spend far more on ammo and accessories than the cost of even a cajunized handgun.

Let's see it is Wednesday and I've bought 2000 rounds of ammo (~$400) and ordered a Wright Leather Works holster for the Rami (~$135). Gun costs for the week? Zero - but it is only Wednesday.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

I'm pretty much with you. I love the CZ 75 Compact that I got from BA that is a total bada$$ and enjoy the Loaded I have that churchmouse upgraded the trigger on, but most of the rest of my guns are stock, or close to. Like you, I'm concentrating mostly on my carry guns and training. My main focus is that I want to be better prepared in case I ever have to use my weapon. I don't see myself ever getting rid of my range toys, but they just aren't a priority for me at the moment.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    On another note; was at a LGS yesterday checking out an Italian surplus 1903A3.

He had a Tangfoglio marked Combat Shooting Cohai for $325. Not really interested in purchasing but he had a good story behind the markings. From what I've googled though - it is just basically a rental at a gun club?

The gun was well used but not in terrible shape. Nicely worn trigger but nothing like the Pre-B from 88.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'm pretty much with you. I love the CZ 75 Compact that I got from BA that is a total bada$$ and enjoy the Loaded I have that churchmouse upgraded the trigger on, but most of the rest of my guns are stock, or close to. Like you, I'm concentrating mostly on my carry guns and training. My main focus is that I want to be better prepared in case I ever have to use my weapon. I don't see myself ever getting rid of my range toys, but they just aren't a priority for me at the moment.

The issue I've always had when I look in the safe and see stuff I don't use often because it's too nice, isn't something I train with or is too expensive to shoot......I see that as money that could be put towards stuff I will run regularly.

Believe me when I say this, I'd love to have a Shadow 2 right now. But, I know it will drive me nuts knowing I have a $1200 gun sitting in the safe that I won't carry and won't shoot that often. I could shoot it often, but that takes away ammo and range time from my carry guns. Why practice a lot with something I won't carry ever, seems counter productive to me. Am I just coming off as loony here? I'm so envious of you guys having all this cool stuff that I won't allow myself to have because I will feel guilty having it. With "defensive based" guns I can justify it to myself and the wifey (she cares to a point about what I have, but usually just says if the bills are paid shes good with my stuff).

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    For Sale: CZ 91153 CZ-75 SP-01 9mm 4.7" 18+1 w/Decocker NS Rubber Grip Black Finish
    $ 609

Type:Pistol
    Action:Single/Double
    Caliber:9mm Luger
    Barrel Length:4.7"
    Capacity:18+1
    Safety:Decocker
    Grips:Black Rubber
    Sight Configuration:Fixed Night
    Weight:41.6 oz
    Frame Finish:Black
    Frame Material:Steel
    Barrel Type:Cold Hammer-Forged
    Slide Description:Black
    Sight Style:Night

If this was used for $475 or $499 from a member I would go buy it today.
    But, since it is new; no hurry.

Note: I can't mention where this is at: I've been warned. :dunno:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The issue I've always had when I look in the safe and see stuff I don't use often because it's too nice, isn't something I train with or is too expensive to shoot......I see that as money that could be put towards stuff I will run regularly.

Believe me when I say this, I'd love to have a Shadow 2 right now. But, I know it will drive me nuts knowing I have a $1200 gun sitting in the safe that I won't carry and won't shoot that often. I could shoot it often, but that takes away ammo and range time from my carry guns. Why practice a lot with something I won't carry ever, seems counter productive to me. Am I just coming off as loony here? I'm so envious of you guys having all this cool stuff that I won't allow myself to have because I will feel guilty having it. With "defensive based" guns I can justify it to myself and the wifey (she cares to a point about what I have, but usually just says if the bills are paid shes good with my stuff).

1. I get that!
    2. I kept a Colt Mustang for 35 yrs. just b/c it was a Colt.
    3. I didn't enjoy shooting it. I didn't want to CC it b/c I wanted to keep it in pristine condition. It was only a 5 round, so no advantage to a revolver (except for extra mags).
    4. I finally needed the money for things that would bring my joy and sold it for $500 to a man who's wife loved it and perfect for her purse.
    5. When I was a child (20s, ha!) I acted like a child, but when I became a man I put away childish things. :laugh:
    6. Of course, I just bought other toys. :)

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down

Not loony. To each his own. I like having options when I go to the range. Today I'm taking compacts. Tomorrow might be 1911s. Maybe next time I'll take the shadow and SP-01s. Next week is a revolver or rimfire day. The range is about training for you. It's more about entertainment and decompressing from life's stresses for me. I have a safe full, but my family wants for nothing. If you have found your happy focus, I envy you. I enjoy being a golden retriever chasing butterflies.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    The range trip with H45 & BA was full of gun smoke and flying lead. Good psyko friends to shoot with! BA is still hitting the bull :draw:

If you think you have nice guns, go to the range with BA and the Wiz. You'll come back to earth pretty quick. Every time they would shoot one of mine, they'd say "that's pretty nice. Try this one." And then I'd see what nice really is.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Not loony. To each his own. I like having options when I go to the range. Today I'm taking compacts. Tomorrow might be 1911s. Maybe next time I'll take the shadow and SP-01s. Next week is a revolver or rimfire day. The range is about training for you. It's more about entertainment and decompressing from life's stresses for me. I have a safe full, but my family wants for nothing. If you have found your happy focus, I envy you. I enjoy being a golden retriever chasing butterflies.
    And I will be the first to admit that I will suck the fun out of a range trip because I will analyze everything little thing until it makes it a chore rather than a fun time.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    And I will be the first to admit that I will suck the fun out of a range trip because I will analyze everything little thing until it makes it a chore rather than a fun time.

But as long as you get the reps in you are looking for, it will still be a successful range trip for you. If you had been with us yesterday, I'm sure you would have shuddered at my stance, my grip, my groupings. But I was there for the company as much as for putting rounds down range.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    But as long as you get the reps in you are looking for, it will still be a successful range trip for you. If you had been with us yesterday, I'm sure you would have shuddered at my stance, my grip, my groupings. But I was there for the company as much as for putting rounds down range.

It's always a good time hanging out with BA and the Wizard, along with all the others in this group. I very much look forward to the next gathering. Maybe we should have more "mini" gatherings. Other than mcapo, I'm not sure who's even up my way.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis

^ This is where I’m at 90% of the time. De-stressing is the number one reason for going to the range majority of the time.

I’d love to have the drive and focus to stick with one platform. I’m thrilled that I’ve been able to narrow things down to preferring hammer fired over striker fired. Still leaves a lot of wiggle room for a variety of things which is fun, but unlikely to ever be as accurate as those that can stay dedicated t their choices.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016

+1

Well - my family has lots of wants. We are good on "needs"!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom