Not open for further replies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I have a friend who has a friend with what they refer to as a farm. Looks like a swamp to me.

It's a tough time of year to hunt in Florida with the weather but that is just when this trip worked out. My friend will be hunting with some insane 50 cal air rifle. Yep...a BB gun.
    Lewis & Clark style. It still blows my mind they used air rifles and killed big game and men with them. Not as in I dont believe they are powerful enough, I know they are. But as in, the technology developed and ability to build that with their tools and methods and forward thinking back then was just amazing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Lewis & Clark style. It still blows my mind they used air rifles and killed big game and men with them. Not as in I dont believe they are powerful enough, I know they are. But as in, the technology developed and ability to build that with their tools and methods and forward thinking back then was just amazing.

How many of us do you think could have survived that adventure...???

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I think that shooters like you posting what they do and why they do it is very helpful to a lot of us on here. We can read what experienced people do and why they do it and incorporate what works for us.
    I listen closely to what people say who actualy put rounds down range because more times than not a person will develope a better way of doing something with repetition. And there are A LOT of more experienced shooters than me that I can draw from. I also cant shoot as much as id love to so I have to make my sessions count. Like a lot of trainers will say, you are free to use or not use what you like, but at least you've learned it. I think once a person learns the fundamentals, the rest of our lives we spend perfecting using them lol
    I'm still trying to get it right. I'm just an average shooter. I'm not trying to be awesome anymore when I shoot, I just shoot to maintain (or raise) my skill level because if I need it for self defense I want to stop the threat asap. (I want to be awesome, but I accept awesomeness will never happen :): ) And, I also enjoy trying to incorporate a little self competition into it. I'm very lucky that I have a competent and I think very good and skilled shooting partner. We dont really compete with each other, we observe each other and have shot together so much that we can tell when each other have sometjjng off or what the issue is that's making them impact off center. Having that is priceless. Besides the brother aspect.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    How many of us do you think could have survived that adventure...???
    In this thread probably a higher percentage than some other parts of ingo :):
    But yeah, not a lot. Just a different breed of humanity back the wasnt it? Wow.
    I hope being a man and doing manly things and looking and acting like a man instead of a woman becomes more popular as this era developes . Weve lost our way.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I have a friend who has a friend with what they refer to as a farm. Looks like a swamp to me.

It's a tough time of year to hunt in Florida with the weather but that is just when this trip worked out. My friend will be hunting with some insane 50 cal air rifle. Yep...a BB gun.

A BB gun for hogs, that guy has more balls than I do. When I went to Texas, it looked like a Seal team deployment. :nailbite:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    And not even just the physical ability (they had tough indian and other women with them too if I remeber correctly) but can you imagine the resolve they had!?
    To dedicate years of your life and in their minds most likely their life to the betterment and bennefit of country and posterity. If that isnt the true definition of public service I dont know what is.
    Todsy we celebrate how well someone can wine and dine on the tax payers dime and become wealthy while supposedly serving, for a LIFETIME. Or kick or throw a ball and we call them heros and mentors because they are the best at a game. I respect their achievement in their field but they didnt cure cancer. I think we have our priorities wrong. I celebrate, teachers, firemen, police, doctors, nurses, emts in the thick and heavy with no guns too, and military, and even the working men and women who get up every damn day even though it is not easy and forge out their own piece of the American dream and contribute and make the system work. John Lennon was nuts on many things but he was right when he said in his song "a working class hero is something to be"

Last edited:

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    In this thread probably a higher percentage than some other parts of ingo :):
    But yeah, not a lot. Just a different breed of humanity back the wasnt it? Wow.
    I hope being a man and doing manly things and looking and acting like a man instead of a woman becomes more popular as this era developes . Weve lost our way.

My son occasionally gives me hope. He asked me if we could go camping this week, no tents, just sleeping bags on the ground by the fire. He's 12, and usually asks if he can bring electronics.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    My son occasionally gives me hope. He asked me if we could go camping this week, no tents, just sleeping bags on the ground by the fire. He's 12, and usually asks if he can bring electronics.

That brings back terrible memories of a night in the woods many decades ago. Hot humid night, winter sleeping bag, no tent, clouds of mosquitoes and plenty of misery for all.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Man that's awesome. Technology is the fabric of our makeup now thats for sure. Look at what some of us prior service guys had to work with compared to today, and guys before us even less. We as humans adapt but it is so nice and relaxing and rewarding to get back to our primal ways and just know we have the ability to do it if we had to again. At least learn it without modern comforts. It is a level of gratification one only understands from doing it. Or you ****ing hate everything about it and never want to do it again LMFAO.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    1. Truly! You are so right as I reflect on my targets that I post. As I learn the fine points of "trigger" control, I am seeing the veracity of what your saying.
    2. I'll put shots #1 - #5 right where they are supposed to be (for my level), but shots #6 - #10 they will be outside my "area" of preferred placement. :dunno:
    3. I get in a hurry, I get faster and faster, and it doesn't go well. :wallbash: And, I wonder, how in the world did that shot get way over there away from the others? :ar15:
    4. In testing/comparing a gun against a gun, I probably should put only 5 rounds into the target instead of 10 or 15. ( I love to use the 5 in 1 targets)
    I'm just giving you some things to think about. I just don't want you to think that the weight of a gun = accuracy. I know that you like your shield and can shoot it well, and it's not heavy. Also, don't get in a hurry. Force yourself to slow down if what you are looking for is accuracy. Do what BA suggested and shoot DA only for a little while. One of the best things that has helped me is the dry firing. Get used to pulling that trigger and the gun not moving, and if it does move then figure out what you're doing to move it. When you get to the range then do it exactly like you practiced at home. Like the saying goes "Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect!"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom