Not open for further replies.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    He was told where the greatness came from on that gun, but you've been there, right beside me, with BA and Losey feeding us one awesome gun after another. At the end, they ask which one was your favorite. :laugh:
    I honestly had know idea what i even shot on those trips. Overwhelmed!

Completely overwhelmed.

Here shoot this one....did you like that. Here shoot this one....I like that one did you. Here try this one........................:faint:

That was me yesterday. I pulled the trigger on so many nice guns it was hard to decide. I can say that I truly enjoyed the Phantom the Wizard put in my hands.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Doddg, I apologize. I did to you what BA, and the Wizard did to me for years. I overwhelmed your fun receptors. Welcome to the CZICKNESS. Bask in the glory, don't sell any CZs, and we can make them better than anything you can buy, and teach you to run them. :cool:

You are such a good person, KJ. I'm a fan ! :)

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    That was me yesterday. I pulled the trigger on so many nice guns it was hard to decide. I can say that I truly enjoyed the Phantom the Wizard put in my hands.
    Birds is at record low levels on the gun stores these days. The remaining guns are the best of the best. The Wizard, well, he's the Wizard.

These three guys either own, or are responsible for the best triggers most of us have ever felt.

25F9ACCB-230F-41A0-8154-2809A7426F27_zpsbnrhizvo.jpg

.......... Or The Motley Crew reunion!

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    So after spending most of the weekend painting, I finally made time to make my range trip today, arrived with 1hr 45min of time before the range closed.....challenge accepted. :)

Sighted in and function tested the MCX, wow I'm seriously amazed, super fun to shoot and way more enjoyable than I expected.
    Sighted in my BCM/Acog combo.

Moved down to handguns with 1 hour to go.

Put 50 rounds through the Sar. It shot better than I thought it would, especially in DA. Most of the groups were good.
    It shoots far better than it's price point would let on. I thoroughly enjoyed shooting it. I WILL BE KEEPING THIS ONE (and probably putting on those orange grips, if anybody even clicked on that link to them, hey if Barry can pull off funky colors so can I).

Put 100 rounds of target ammo and 50 rounds of Fed 147gr HST's through the P-07. I struggled a little bit with the DA on this, it's been awhile and let's face it most stock DA triggers aren't that great. The DA is not as good as the Sar, in fact it's far from it. I know that sounds un-possible, but it is what it is. While I didn't fall in love, I wasn't disappointed either. I think the gun has potential and if I put in more time with it I think my proficiency will increase with it as well. I can definitely see it being fun to shoot .22's out of though.

Ran the same amount of ammo through the FNS 4" 9mm. I will say right off the bat, this gun felt the best in my hand and I liked the trigger/ergos/sights the best today. There is just something about the way this feels, it might even be better than my beloved 509. I felt like I could conquer the world while shooting with this today and I was happy with the results. My plan for this gun is to be my winter carry, while the FNS compact is my summer carry.

Here are my targets. They are not my best. I did not feel steady today and it shows in some of my groupings. Fatigue and grip strength were dwindling as the evening continued. I hate to admit that, but I'm not here to impress anyone and I could probably use some humility anyways. I was in a hurry and I was hell bent on getting those rounds in before closing time. Towards the end of my range session the time in between shots picked up significantly, to the point where quite a bit of these were point shooting (for doddg, in case he reads this and isn't familiar, this means not using the sights and just pointing without focus on the front or rear sight).

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Birds is at record low levels on the gun stores these days. The remaining guns are the best of the best. The Wizard, well, he's the Wizard.

These three guys either own, or are responsible for the best triggers most of us have ever felt.

25F9ACCB-230F-41A0-8154-2809A7426F27_zpsbnrhizvo.jpg

.......... Or The Motley Crew reunion!
    Three awesome dudes!psyko

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Nice shooting TDogg. The groups on the SAR are impressive. One big hole makes me smile. Nevermind that's a different story.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Towards the end of my range session the time in between shots picked up significantly, to the point where quite a bit of these were point shooting (for doddg, in case he reads this and isn't familiar, this means not using the sights and just pointing without focus on the front or rear sight).

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

1. Like everything else I know, I've read about it and even practiced it with the CC Smith snubbie (.38) mostly, or the Glock 42, which will be replaced in the future with a Sig 365 I shot last week belonging to a friend (as accurate at 20' and 30' as the two CZs I was shooting: shocking!
    2. The groups looked unbelievable! What were you: at 5'? :laugh: I looked, but actually missed the distance and I'm too tired to look again!

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    1. Like everything else I know, I've read about it and even practiced it with the CC Smith snubbie (.38) mostly, or the Glock 42, which will be replaced in the future with a Sig 365 I shot last week belonging to a friend (as accurate at 20' and 30' as the two CZs I was shooting: shocking!
    2. The groups looked unbelievable! What were you: at 5'? :laugh: I looked, but actually missed the distance and I'm too tired to look again!
    Thank you.
    It was at 7yds/21ft.
    I can shoot better than this, but not today, my strength and stamina sucks right now. Haven't been to the gym in almost 2 months.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Thank you.
    It was at 7yds/21ft.
    I can shoot better than this, but not today, my strength and stamina sucks right now. Haven't been to the gym in almost 2 months.

1. Ah! My favorite distance!
    2. I get the strength and stamina thing.
    3. Since surgery 6 weeks ago I have had to lean up against the wall to load up and I used to be able to go put in 2 hrs. but now I fatigue much sooner, but I feel it coming back a very little at a time: and I'm an impatient person!
    4. Today at KJQ6945's range, I tried to cover up just how tired I was after over an hour, but I was so excited I had to push myself: I was grateful for the rain. :laugh:
    5. This is why I didn't want to do any 1/2 or full day gun training b/c I know I would kill myself trying to do everything but my body is just not there yet, and just with the arthritis (w/o the surgery) I don't hold up to well standing for any length of time.
    6. Aging: better than the alternative, but it still sucks. :fogey:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom