Not open for further replies.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    1. It's incredible that I saw this b/c I need to get ready for church and finished getting ready to teach an Adult Bible class and I was thrilled!
    2. We get home from eating out around 2pm+/-
    3. I will definitely call.
    4. Hope the range isn't full: I'll make an appt. for 3 pm (even if that's a bad time for you) for my own purposes, but if you call/text for a better time, let me know: I'll pm you now.

I have a range in my back yard. If we get rained out today, we can do it another day. I'm trying to get you to shoot a couple fully Cajunized CZs before you drop the big bucks on the Shadow 2.

DD882C0C-6505-40A3-8F05-97AA67400BF3_zpsuxeaicag.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'm trying to talk my wife into moving. Well I have been for a while.
    Heres my line: either I'm gonna spend a lot of money on some land with trees and be gone a lot, or you can agree to let me buy a house in the middle of the trees where you can live with me and our kids will be happy and we can rent out the old one, you pick"

I think it's working:):
    Her main concerns are, she wants to give a house to our daughter when she turns 18, and she is terrified, and I mean you havent seen a human move so fast terrified as when she sees a snake. Flight or fight? Yeah actual flight!!! Like feet off the ground flying.
    Get over it, snakes are in the city too. I'll try to intercept but I'm not staying in the ****ing city much longer.
    I wanted a country house, away from "people", she wanted a city house.
    So we moved into our new house in city on June 12th.......(see who one that round ;)).

I told her after daughter graduates (she's turning 9 next month, so we have some time) that we are moving into the country.
    I no it will not go this way, but a man can dream damnit (of a house in the middle of some woods across 10-20 acres, with a custom built range where I can play all day long).

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Doddg, if it's not raining after church, pm me and I'll let you shoot a couple guns worked over by the Wizard. We are not far apart.

1. Too bad you didn't mention you had the Shadow 2: my loss
    2. It could be, like my 1911 experience that, where it didn't bring me anymore joy to shoot the Kimber and Dan Wesson of gmcttr's (even though they were "better," than my cheaper Ruger SS, Gov't. model 1911: I got out of pursuing 1911s and went another directions.
    3. It could be after shooting a Shadow (which I did but not with a critical eye/feel b/c I never dreamed at the time I'd get one) that I can live w/o it.
    4. I can buy one, shoot it, and if I am blown away: keep it. If it is the samish as the other CZs: it gets sold.
    5. I don't really care either way: that's my style, despite my alleged poverty, I can do it with minimal loss, so it is a risk I'll take, and if I get stuck with all 3 CZs b/c none will sell (laughable): I can live with the punishment of keeping all 3, but it would not be logical for me to do so economically.
    6. This is why I would sell only my 75 Omega at this time, keeping my SP-01 in reserve in case I decide the Shadow didn't deliver for me.
    7. But, it is coming highly recommended, and that's why I started the CZ journey.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I don't have a Shadow. I've got a SP01 Tactical suppressor host, with all the Cajun goodies, and BirdsAway's Phantom that is unbelievable. Both of these guns were Cajunized by the Wizard. The biggest difference between the two, is the number of rounds. The Phantom is so smooth, and just has to be experienced.

Everybody here has been telling you about the Cajun guns, you just have to shoot them against a stock gun to feel the difference.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I'm trying to talk my wife into moving. Well I have been for a while.
    Heres my line: either I'm gonna spend a lot of money on some land with trees and be gone a lot, or you can agree to let me buy a house in the middle of the trees where you can live with me and our kids will be happy and we can rent out the old one, you pick"

I think it's working:):
    Her main concerns are, she wants to give a house to our daughter when she turns 18, and she is terrified, and I mean you havent seen a human move so fast terrified as when she sees a snake. Flight or fight? Yeah actual flight!!! Like feet off the ground flying.
    Get over it, snakes are in the city too. I'll try to intercept but I'm not staying in the ****ing city much longer.

Snakes aren't that big of a deal.

B123F87F-5294-47FF-AA27-C891BB3735BF_zpsz4cv6ojj.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    5. I don't really care either way: that's my style, despite my alleged poverty, I can do it with minimal loss, so it is a risk I'll take, and if I get stuck with all 3 CZs b/c none will sell (laughable): I can live with the punishment of keeping all 3, but it would not be logical for me to do so economically.

The cost of a thing is the amount of time of what I will call life that is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. - Thoreau

There is also a return on investment of the amount of life exchanged for said thing. This is where a finely tuned firearm shines. It returns more life than that which it was exchanged for.

Ok. Philosophical distraction over. Carry on.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    The cost of a thing is the amount of time of what I will call life that is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. - Thoreau

There is also a return on investment of the amount of life exchanged for said thing. This is where a finely tuned firearm shines. It returns more life than that which it was exchanged for.

Ok. Philosophical distraction over. Carry on.

SQUIRREL!

I see a TRP!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have a range in my back yard. If we get rained out today, we can do it another day. I'm trying to get you to shoot a couple fully Cajunized CZs before you drop the big bucks on the Shadow 2.

1. Good grief! That target looks hundred yards away, Ha!
    2. You know I can’t even see the sight on the end of my barrel, right?!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I don't have a Shadow. I've got a SP01 Tactical suppressor host, with all the Cajun goodies, and BirdsAway's Phantom that is unbelievable. Both of these guns were Cajunized by the Wizard. The biggest difference between the two, is the number of rounds. The Phantom is so smooth, and just has to be experienced.

Everybody here has been telling you about the Cajun guns, you just have to shoot them against a stock gun to feel the difference.

1. It’s stories like this is why I turned from my Smiths and Rugers and headed down the CZ path

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. Well, this made my day!
    2. Meeting a member who allowed me to come to his private range in his backyard: priceless!
    3. It was like getting 1:1 training since I shoot by myself and have a plethora of bad habits.
    4. Summing up what I learned today:
    A. Finger on slide till ready to shoot at the line (at least outside of trigger guard)
    B. Slow down (need to count to 5 between shoots, which I evidently can do in 2 seconds instead of 5)
    C. mag out, slide back
    D. keep mag out till on shooting line
    5. I felt like I was 12 yrs. old: he'll probably never allow me back on his property b/c I kept needing to be refocused (my 110 mph personality needs to be dialed back to about 35 mpg: and I was trying to slow down and think!)
    6. I'm my worst critic and I expect improvement instantly but evidently bad habits take time.

7. here are some range pics, sorry I can't remember the correct models on some.

I believe this was the cajunized SP-01 at 66' which is very long for me.
    oqOzZxm.jpg

I believe this was the cajunized Phantom at 66'
    lld5YFg.jpg

This was the cajunized Remington .45 at 66': my best shooting of the day, looks like I'd better buy one! :dunno:
    d7Fh68f.jpg

This was an amazing .45 short-barreled rifle with a scope like I could not believe. Don't think this was the Sig, believe it was the HK: cost more than I used to make in nearly a year teaching in 1975. :rofl:
    gzhj0ca.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom