Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's what I should have done, but I tried that "let's do it this Fall so I can open the windows" line on the Mrs, and she wasn't buying it this year.

The fumes have my head is pounding like the drummer from Def Leppard. When he could use two sticks.

How does the spouse feel. Can you use the "I told you so" thing...???

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    My wife loves to paint. Before she got sick she painted all the cedar on our house. Ladders and all. I only had to move the ladders. Yep; I got a good one!
    Grrr. I got one that tells me it's time to paint, that's what I got. %$%$^*^&^!!. But... I still think she's hot, so there's that.

Back to our regularly scheduled gun talk. I've had good luck with Altamont grips on my Smith revolvers. Not too pricey, and they look authentic. I think Altamont makes some of their special TALO edition grips. If my 66-8 doesn't find a new home, I'm thinking of doing these round-to-square butt conversions with the S&W medallion inserts.

SKR-TO05-CK.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Grrr. I got one that tells me it's time to paint, that's what I got. %$%$^*^&^!!. But... I still think she's hot, so there's that.

Back to our regularly scheduled gun talk. I've had good luck with Altamont grips on my Smith revolvers... not too pricey, and they look authentic. I think Altamont makes some of their special TALO grips. If my 66-8 doesn't find a new home, I'm thinking of doing these round-to-square butt conversions with the S&W medallion inserts.

SKR-TO05-CK.jpg

Ahrends makes a real nice target grip that is sized for normal people (ya know people without size 15 shoes). Unfortunately the don't offer checkering unless that has changed in the past handful of years.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I bought a gun ! Nothing that I'm particularly proud of, but it's going to serve a purpose. It's going on a skunk hunt.
    Yup, Pepe 'la Pew decided to live under my cabin. I jumped out of my chair when he exited from underneath the cabin .... right at dusk .... about 4' from my leg.
    My wife doesn't know, and I intend to dispatch the critter without ever telling her.

Anyway ..... at 3 lbs. the Rossi .410 single-shot 'Tuffy' weighs less that some of my handguns. :): But at $119, it only has to work once.

Have any of you ever been on a skunk hunt ? What do you think I should use ... figuring a distance of no more than 15', for the bead sight.
    #4 shot, 00 buck, ????? What would send Pepe to his great reward ?

bts41118btuf.jpg

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I bought a gun ! Nothing that I'm particularly proud of, but it's going to serve a purpose. It's going on a skunk hunt.
    Yup, Pepe 'la Pew decided to live under my cabin. I jumped out of my chair when he exited from underneath the cabin .... right at dusk .... about 4' from my leg.
    My wife doesn't know, and I intend to dispatch the critter without ever telling her.

Anyway ..... at 3 lbs. the Rossi .410 single-shot 'Tuffy' weighs less that some of my handguns. :): But at $119, it only has to work once.

Have any of you ever been on a skunk hunt ? What do you think I should use ... figuring a distance of no more than 15', for the bead sight.
    #4 shot, 00 buck, ????? What would send Pepe to his great reward ?

bts41118btuf.jpg

Live trap him and drop him by the farm. They eat ground bees and hornets nests.

If he's got to go, #4 or 5 in a 3" shell should do the trick. Or live trap then throw a sheet over the trap and drop it in 'bout 4' of water. Keeps the smell down.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I really don't like killing animals. Heck, I'll walk around a spider's web when I'm hiking. But, I'm not going to let him live under the cabin. Uh-uh.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Well, I wish that I could help in your cause, pard'ner, but I'll be ding-danged if I'm going to be dragging a live skunk anywhere ! No, no, not for me ! ;)

They're pretty laid back as long as you don't get them excited. I've had 'em walk across the toes of my boots when I was sitting waiting on shooting light one morning while hunting squirrels. Kinda cool.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    They're pretty laid back as long as you don't get them excited. I've had 'em walk across the toes of my boots when I was sitting waiting on shooting light one morning while hunting squirrels. Kinda cool.

That is cool, and like I said, I have no animosity toward the little critter, BUT ..... I'm sure as heck not gonna put him in my truck and hope that he doesn't get excited. Uh-uh !

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom