Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Huh, Imgur doesn't seem to be loading images very well. The second one never showed up... :scratch:

9SKK2DUh.jpg

Attachments

• Holsters.jpg
      Holsters.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 3

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Have you ever tried a Raven holster? You may like them

I only use OWB, not IWB. The only one that looks like a match is their Hackathorn Signature and that's a bit rich for my blood. The cheap Amazon holster meets my needs, I just need to notch out about a 1/4 inch notch where the kydex partially covers the mag release on one side.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I only use OWB, not IWB. The only one that looks like a match is their Hackathorn Signature and that's a bit rich for my blood. The cheap Amazon holster meets my needs, I just need to notch out about a 1/4 inch notch where the kydex partially covers the mag release on one side.
    Ok no problem. Just wanted to toss out that as a possibility. As far as kyedex holsters go I just want my trigger guard to be covered. I dont want to feel like it has no flex to it. I prefer the rubber loops that I can unsnap for easy on and off, but I will wear the belt loop design. Also I do use clips sometimes even though some people like james yeager swear against them, not all are created equal. Has to secure my gun in although I dont care about being able to hang upside down and jump lol. If I can just feel a slight pop as it clicks into place that's good. Release with my normal draw stroke is what I'm going for.
    I'm not a holster nazi like some fan boys on the internet. You'll find people in certain groups even ones that I'm part of that will totaly trash people for wearing anything but a couple of brands. I dont care if someone spent half an hour polishing the edges of my holster lol. A dab will do lol. I'm not looking for Gucci or I wouldn't be buying kydex lol. Also I don't want to be waiting several damn weeks for a holster that isnt a luxury item, it's a must have item
    That's stupid. But once again, fan boys will trash people who complain but I'll complain if I want because it IS stupid.
    And I has to feel good when I'm wearing it (part of the flex I like).
    When i was in the military and contracting I really enjoyed safariland holsters as it gave me a level of retention. I still will buy them for battlebelts and things I never will need again but I like to still feel cool and special lol. But I also was issued the infamous and always talked against blackhawk serpa. How did I ever live? Lol

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The new holster is on the left. It looks well made, just not quite what I was hoping for. This is for the CZ P10c.

Yeah, that's why once I got settled on a holster, I only buy the same make/model via the internet (hybrid IWB has been my carry holster of choice, and typically Galco King Tuk). A holster is an item that I can't buy the first time without having handled it (this has limited my options a bit).

I could also meet you at Parabellum instead of PB, though it takes me a while to get there due to the traffic on Rockville Rd.

No worries, I'd meet you at your home range if I take you up on the offer, or if you guys get out to MCF&G we could possibly meet there one day when the heat is a bit less kicking. Last 2 times I went recently, I went fairly early in the day and still ended up completely sweat drenched.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Ok no problem. Just wanted to toss out that as a possibility. As far as kyedex holsters go I just want my trigger guard to be covered. I dont want to feel like it has no flex to it. I prefer the rubber loops that I can unsnap for easy on and off, but I will wear the belt loop design. Also I do use clips sometimes even though some people like james yeager swear against them, not all are created equal. Has to secure my gun in although I dont care about being able to hang upside down and jump lol. If I can just feel a slight pop as it clicks into place that's good. Release with my normal draw stroke is what I'm going for.
    I'm not a holster nazi like some fan boys on the internet. You'll find people in certain groups even ones that I'm part of that will totaly trash people for wearing anything but a couple of brands. I dont care if someone spent half an hour polishing the edges of my holster lol. A dab will do lol. I'm not looking for Gucci or I wouldn't be buying kydex lol. Also I don't want to be waiting several damn weeks for a holster that isnt a luxury item, it's a must have item
    That's stupid. But once again, fan boys will trash people who complain but I'll complain if I want because it IS stupid.
    And I has to feel good when I'm wearing it (part of the flex I like).
    When i was in the military and contracting I really enjoyed safariland holsters as it gave me a level of retention. I still will buy them for battlebelts and things I never will need again but I like to still feel cool and special lol. But I also was issued the infamous and always talked against blackhawk serpa. How did I ever live? Lol

I agree with you. I just want a nice kydex holster that fits the gun correctly, sits snug against me (pancake holster style) and has little to no flex to worry about. I don't care what the brand is, even if it was Fobus.... :):

Yeah, that's why once I got settled on a holster, I only buy the same make/model via the internet (hybrid IWB has been my carry holster of choice, and typically Galco King Tuk). A holster is an item that I can't buy the first time without having handled it (this has limited my options a bit).

No worries, I'd meet you at your home range if I take you up on the offer, or if you guys get out to MCF&G we could possibly meet there one day when the heat is a bit less kicking. Last 2 times I went recently, I went fairly early in the day and still ended up completely sweat drenched.

Whatever works. I'm a member at both MCF&G as well as PB. Happy to bring out my CZ collection for you to try out whenever you want to get together.

1. I was having trouble with it around 2 - 2:30 pm.

It's the first time I've ever had a problem with Imgur, though I've only been using it around 9 months or so.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Hey if you were rocking a fobus I wouldn't say anything to you unless you asked me my opinion. I promise I can be taken places in public :):
    Edit: but if you were my bff, youd be getting a new holster for Christmas from me , or a gift certificate to have one made ;)

Yep agreed and forgot to mention that for me also if I'm wearing OWB it has to be low profile. One reason I wont wear like a safariland or the like as a civy for concealed carry. With my own clothing style and body type it would look like I had a basketball sized tumor on my side under my shirt :):

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Hey if you were rocking a fobus I wouldn't say anything to you unless you asked me my opinion. I promise I can be taken places in public :):
    Edit: but if you were my bff, youd be getting a new holster for Christmas from me , or a gift certificate to have one made ;)

Yep agreed and forgot to mention that for me also if I'm wearing OWB it has to be low profile. One reason I wont wear like a safariland or the like as a civy for concealed carry. With my own clothing style and body type it would look like I had a basketball sized tumor on my side under my shirt :):

Yeah, I prefer the comfort of an OWB holster and if it fits closely like I prefer, it conceals pretty darn well with a shirt over it, even in the summer.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    1. I've been quick to remind the wife that I have one for sale when I buy another.
    2. I think she's getting the idea that my "trimming" was just a deflection to update my guns. :laugh:
    3. It didn't start out that way, but my old .22 addiction (acquired 2 more in past 3 weeks), and the new CZ acquisitions are not helping my "trimming" goals, maybe more like "updating." :dunno:
    4. Wife thinks I've gone berserk in my old age, while the guys here think I need a bigger safe to hold more guns. :lmfao:

My wife used to think I was crazy. Now she's pretty well convinced I'm crazy.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Looks like a I found a Bug. And its big brother.

Damn it man, out with it... you can't come around this crowd and just drop something like that without some details.

And man, the pantless highway should now be called the pantless underground because things just seem to move in your direction ... with no perceptible movement going on.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Great range trip this morning. Got to shoot Tim's MIV with the FO sights and it was sweet. Got my new sights on my P10c and like them really well.

Not sure where you're located, but if you want to meet at the Greenwood Point Blank sometime, I'd be happy to let you run either of my P10c's. They both have HBI triggers installed and are nice shooters. I'll also bring my wizardized 75 compact for you to drool over... :cool:

1. I'd love to get in on something like that sometime before school starts up again at the last couple days of the month.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dekumadoriya24
    Top Bottom