The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

CKW

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Did my hot work.
    RLf7Bp9.jpg

Many ,many thanks. Was very nice go meet you today.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I love BBQ pork chops, but every time I grill them they turn out tougher than I want.

Try cooking them a little lower heat for a longer amount of time and if you aren't using a mop sauce, make sure you start. We use water, lemon juice and crushed red pepper. Mop heavily every time you flip them. When they're cooked through, slather heavily in your favorite sauce and let it cook in. Yummy! ;)

Everybody smashes ribs but me. I am a lean meat kind of guy. No fat. Period. None. Nada. If I can get just the meat it is pretty tasty but just not a fan.

Yep, same here.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Many ,many thanks. Was very nice go meet you today.

Was nice to ingo see you too, old man.:)Wait! CKW must be Cindy. Replied b4 i saw who it was !

My humblest apologies.:): glad to see you on the mend and the wood was my pleasure.

When next we meet it's GPT time. Nice to meet you and another of the boys. Hoping you'll feel up to minor travel by October.

Last edited:

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Try cooking them a little lower heat for a longer amount of time and if you aren't using a mop sauce, make sure you start. We use water, lemon juice and crushed red pepper. Mop heavily every time you flip them. When they're cooked through, slather heavily in your favorite sauce and let it cook in. Yummy! ;)

Yep, same here.

Thanks!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Winding down for the evening. The boys were here for dinner tonight. I had planned on smoking ribs but the heat turned that into doing pot roast instead. Got the AC charged on the son's car while he was here too. Got that one down to 68 degrees, but given the age of the car, the temp today and the humidity, I'm calling it a success.

I enjoy working in the heat to a degree, but I'm usually spent in the evenings afterward. After the race yesterday, I don't know if I could have spelled my own name by 10pm last night.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Moving was the hard part. Now that you are in the house, you don't have to rush to get everything on the list done. Especially the purely cosmetic things.

The cosmetic issues are usually driven by the spouse.....usually.
    I am extremely high strung, so everything is a rush to me, I've always been that way. It's a good/bad thing, I get s**t done, but I am so hyper focused on the task at hand that I can't focus on anything else and when I get interrupted it sends my brain into a fritz. I realized the other day that I am a project addict, even little projects and labor intensive ones, I live/die by the projects. I have to keep my mind and hands busy, otherwise I go stir crazy. Even researching projects will cure this, just have to be working towards something constantly. We are loving this new house, the previous owners were complete boneheads when it came to house maintenance, but so far nothing I haven't been able to fix and nothing major. Life is good right now, busy and expensive, but good.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Good morning everyone! Looks like the temps will come down this week, I spent most of the day outdoors yesterday, got that sweet "white tank top" tan going on. :rockwoot:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I am extremely high strung, so everything is a rush to me, I've always been that way. It's a good/bad thing, I get s**t done, but I am so hyper focused on the task at hand that I can't focus on anything else and when I get interrupted it sends my brain into a fritz. I realized the other day that I am a project addict, even little projects and labor intensive ones, I live/die by the projects. I have to keep my mind and hands busy, otherwise I go stir crazy. Even researching projects will cure this, just have to be working towards something constantly. We are loving this new house, the previous owners were complete boneheads when it came to house maintenance, but so far nothing I haven't been able to fix and nothing major. Life is good right now, busy and expensive, but good.

1. I don't know how old you are T-DOGG, but I remembered a younger version of myself when reading your description. :coffee:
    2. Looking back on life, I think I should have invested more time in people, especially family, and not so much in work, which is easy to say when older and the money crunch is not so pressing and you have 1 foot into retirement, but not so easy when you are in the middle of it. :dunno:
    3. But, boy! Didn't I get things done! :rockwoot:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    1. I don't know how old you are T-DOGG, but I remembered a younger version of myself when reading your description. :coffee:

Let's just say he is significantly younger than you. :D

I have always tried to complete every task in a expeditious manner, rather it is work responsibilities, personal projects or range work. I like to start - work - finish. Sometimes reality gets in the way, especially for home projects. One of the greatest things my wife every did was hire someone to mow the lawn...man, is it nice to come home and see the lawn mowed and move on to something else. We hire out more small little repairs than ever. Used to be if something small broke (say the dryer), I HAD to fix it myself. Now I am content to pay someone and focus on my paid work.

Our range is closed this week....so unless I go to Hillside, I will need to live vicariously though INGO...

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    2. Looking back on life, I think I should have invested more time in people, especially family, and not so much in work, which is easy to say when older and the money crunch is not so pressing and you have 1 foot into retirement, but not so easy when you are in the middle of it. :dunno:
    3. But, boy! Didn't I get things done! :rockwoot:
    I will be 36 in December.

I suck at personal relationships. I am so wrapped up in "me" that I tend to ignore others needs or people who deserve my attention. Life long struggle. I make poor decisions when it comes to how I interact with others, some of those decisions lead to losing good friends who I would love to have back in my life. Focusing on the work instead of the people has made me "cold" when it comes to social affairs, when I was younger it was all about fun and hanging out, miss those days badly, somehow forgot how to relax and just let things be what they are.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I will be 36 in December.

I suck at personal relationships. I am so wrapped up in "me" that I tend to ignore others needs or people who deserve my attention. Life long struggle. I make poor decisions when it comes to how I interact with others, some of those decisions lead to losing good friends who I would love to have back in my life. Focusing on the work instead of the people has made me "cold" when it comes to social affairs, when I was younger it was all about fun and hanging out, miss those days badly, somehow forgot how to relax and just let things be what they are.

Explains me pretty much to a T, except I'm 51.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Explains me pretty much to a T, except I'm 51.

Yea...that's my experience with you. First time I meet you, you took my money, made me late for dinner and left me a Glock owner....

But, seriously, I have been self-employed for 30 years and the required commitment to work...I've had many good friends become casual friends.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yea...that's my experience with you. First time I meet you, you took my money, made me late for dinner and left me a Glock owner....

But, seriously, I have been self-employed for 30 years and the required commitment to work...I've had many good friends become casual friends.

See, told you :):

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I need to do that as well. Been putting it off too long...
    I have been absolutely terrible about letting life get in the way of things like this that are important. I just had a glowing annual check-up a couple weeks ago that I'm quite thankful for because I was about 11 years late in getting it done... kind convinced myself I didn't need to take it seriously because I still run/workout 4x a week and feel good, don't take anything for any problems. This time I was fine, but it's been really foolish of me to roll the dice for so long.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom