The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep, like you I'm back to having the pain wake me up early. Yay... :(

$287 seems about right for the gun TBH. I'd probably throw it in the classifieds for $300 and see what happens.

That was my thinking. 6 mags with it that sounds fair. It is a fair enough shooter as I taught the sister to shoot with that gun. She has some strength issues in her hands from an injury so it just sat. The spouse thought she might like it. "Nope"

Yeah, pain is my friend.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Another one bites the dust. My second oldest CZ, affectionately known as #2, is gone. Fortunately it went to my brother, my biological brother not one of my CZ brothers:D. So there is the chance of a buy back :yesway:. Now down to four with another one on the block :ugh:. But, despite my love for them, they are, in the end, just things. People are important things are not.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    That was my thinking. 6 mags with it that sounds fair. It is a fair enough shooter as I taught the sister to shoot with that gun. She has some strength issues in her hands from an injury so it just sat. The spouse thought she might like it. "Nope"

Yeah, pain is my friend.

These are very underrated guns. Despite what the going price my be one of these with 6 mags is well worth $300. This would make a fantastic gun for someone on a budget that needs a reliable go to gun. They have good ergos and a surprisingly good trigger. They are also very accurate and this comes from someone who can't hit **** with the best guns. ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Another one bites the dust. My second oldest CZ, affectionately known as #2, is gone. Fortunately it went to my brother, my biological brother not one of my CZ brothers:D. So there is the chance of a buy back :yesway:. Now down to four with another one on the block :ugh:. But, despite my love for them, they are, in the end, just things. People are important things are not.

Yes, things are just that. Things.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Yeah, pain is my friend.

Right there with you, my brother.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Right there with you, my brother.

I know this is true.

I remember shooting it and it was accurate. Not 1 issue I can remember. Ran through 2 boxes of ammo and cleaned it up for her. It might have been fired since then and I need to look to make sure it is clean.
    She is a member here now so this will be her deal.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I know this is true.

I remember shooting it and it was accurate. Not 1 issue I can remember. Ran through 2 boxes of ammo and cleaned it up for her. It might have been fired since then and I need to look to make sure it is clean.
    She is a member here now so this will be her deal.

The trigger was pretty good, yes? I mean it isn't a custom gun by any stretch of the imagination but for the price it is really hard to beat.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The trigger was pretty good, yes? I mean it isn't a custom gun by any stretch of the imagination but for the price it is really hard to beat.

If memory serves yes. It was a pleasant experience.
    Sister was ejected from her horse some years ago and got busted up pretty good. The end result is her not being able to rack the slide on a semi-auto pistol.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If memory serves yes. It was a pleasant experience.
    Sister was ejected from her horse some years ago and got busted up pretty good. The end result is her not being able to rack the slide on a semi-auto pistol.

Sorry to hear that. Fortunately, there are still plenty of good options for her. Many people who don't have any restrictions still choose a wheel gun for the ultimate in reliability. But I know you know that very well. I just could never hit anything with a wheel gun. Of course, that isn't so different from any other gun.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sorry to hear that. Fortunately, there are still plenty of good options for her. Many people who don't have any restrictions still choose a wheel gun for the ultimate in reliability. But I know you know that very well. I just could never hit anything with a wheel gun. Of course, that isn't so different from any other gun.

When she settles in Florida her search will continue. They sold their place and are packed and ready for the road. Loosing that place is 1 less for me to use for our shooting passion. I has a sad.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    When she settles in Florida her search will continue. They sold their place and are packed and ready for the road. Loosing that place is 1 less for me to use for our shooting passion. I has a sad.

It seems lately that, at least on a personal level, if we didn't have bad news there would be no news at all.

This all has to pass at some point.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It seems lately that, at least on a personal level, if we didn't have bad news there would be no news at all.

This all has to pass at some point.

Things change. It is the way of things. We grow older. Stuff hurts more. We slow down.

I am deep into 3 projects right now in various stages of progress. 2 are making me insane. Nothing but problems. 1 will be done today. Another will require some decision making from the home owner. The 3rd might be my waterloo. If I can not get the issues (Equipment and customer) rectified soon I am hanging up my spurs. Seems my patience and ability to do the work in a timely manner are being tested. I might fail this test.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Things change. It is the way of things. We grow older. Stuff hurts more. We slow down.

I am deep into 3 projects right now in various stages of progress. 2 are making me insane. Nothing but problems. 1 will be done today. Another will require some decision making from the home owner. The 3rd might be my waterloo. If I can not get the issues (Equipment and customer) rectified soon I am hanging up my spurs. Seems my patience and ability to do the work in a timely manner are being tested. I might fail this test.

Who could pass such a test with all you have going on? I am in awe of your ability to even tackle these projects let alone deal with everything involved with them and still keep up with everything at home. Caregivers have the toughest job of all and seem to always get the ****ty end of the stick. Hang on, brother, my and many other people's respect for you, already quite high, is up in the stratosphere now. I know I couldn't do what you are doing. They say the Good Lord doesn't give us more than we can handle. Trust in Him and he will see you through.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Who could pass such a test with all you have going on? I am in awe of your ability to even tackle these projects let alone deal with everything involved with them and still keep up with everything at home. Caregivers have the toughest job of all and seem to always get the ****ty end of the stick. Hang on, brother, my and many other people's respect for you, already quite high, is up in the stratosphere now. I know I couldn't do what you are doing. They say the Good Lord doesn't give us more than we can handle. Trust in Him and he will see you through.

Thanks my friend. With the passing of time these things just seem more difficult to deal with. Enthusiasm is a bit low right now.

I ask the powers that be for guidance most every day.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Thanks my friend. With the passing of time these things just seem more difficult to deal with. Enthusiasm is a bit low right now.

I haven't walked in your shoes so what I have to offer is just from seeing others close to me walk this path. It will be a roller coaster and sometimes the dips will seem never ending. Trust that there will be another rise and the ultimate victory. I'm sure it feels very lonely where you are but trust that there are many, many people in your corner. Some of us can only offer moral support but others may be able to do more. Take what solace you can from the former and don't let your pride stand in the way of taking whatever is offered from the latter.

We love you, brother. Keep fighting the good fight.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I haven't walked in your shoes so what I have to offer is just from seeing others close to me walk this path. It will be a roller coaster and sometimes the dips will seem never ending. Trust that there will be another rise and the ultimate victory. I'm sure it feels very lonely where you are but trust that there are many, many people in your corner. Some of us can only offer moral support but others may be able to do more. Take what solace you can from the former and don't let your pride stand in the way of taking whatever is offered from the latter.

We love you, brother. Keep fighting the good fight.

Humbly moving forward.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dcb500
    Top Bottom