The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I only buy Aero at this point for my lowers. I like them a lot.

Definitely a step up from PSA and Anderson. They are the manufacturer for Spikes and some other mid tier AR's. Next step up is Colt/Noveske/Mega IMHO.

I've been wanting to build* a 300 BO pistol and have been leaning towards Aero Precision. So is that a vote of confidence?

* CM and Allen "build" guns, I assemble them.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I will also recommend Aero. The fit and finish are better than PSA and definitely Anderson. I will not recommend Anderson to anyone. I have a 10.5" upper from them that my wife built a few years back, it's been reliable but I won't be upset when it needs upgraded someday.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Same regarding Anderson. Commonly called the "poverty pony". I bought a couple receivers from them after everyone was raving about how they worked and were cheap. Absolute garbage. **** anodizing, machine marks and gouges all over the place, nothing installed quite as it should (hard to punch pins in, etc...), bolt catch, mag release, safety, and take down pins didn't operate smoothly and hung up when operated, etc... and that was with a quality LPK (not Anderson). I won't buy one again and will continue to recommend against them. The rifle operated properly when I finally got it running, but it just sucked all around. In the span of the entire build cost, it really doesn't make sense to save $15-20 just to get a **** receiver.

I will also recommend Aero. The fit and finish are better than PSA and definitely Anderson. I will not recommend Anderson to anyone. I have a 10.5" upper from them that my wife built a few years back, it's been reliable but I won't be upset when it needs upgraded someday.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Was this with mil-spec, Geissele, etc type triggers/hammers where the hammer pin is held in with a detent and the trigger pin is held in place by the hammer spring on the pin recess or did this happen with one piece drop in triggers?

Mil spec. Springs were installed properly as we tried again on both rifles. During heavy use (abuse...:):) they worked out.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Thanks for the info CM.

mcapo...another vote for Aero recievers. I think I've used each style they have and recommend them.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Last year, I had U.S. Defense Solutions (in Greenwood) build my first pistol lower. They used an Aero Precision lower receiver, quality LPK, and a mil-spec trigger. I like it a lot.
    It runs smooth, and looks good. Of course, I trust both of the owners .... they're vets, and first-class guys ! :yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My late afternoon evening.....

1u7mcNB.jpg

You can better see the colors.....
    VfF6f6K.jpg

Still need to polish the extractor but you can see the blend work.
    0cmmJjJ.jpg

I wish the contrast between the stainless risers came out better...
    3CxiRWC.jpg

If you know what the underside of a 1911 slide looks like you can see how much material was removed to lighten it. The ramp reduces the resistance of the slide and the disconnecter.
    ITEPMSO.jpg

Kart National Match barrel.........
    ygtQlrD.jpg

Still some issue's to ring out.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Progress. I'm sure it will be great when you are done.

It will be sweet. This is another test fit assembly. It was a whole gun minus sights before Ceracoting. Nothing internally has been final polished yet.
    Since color it does not want to go into full lock-up. You can pop it in but it is very tight. I removes all the ceracoat (standard process) from all the contact points and it is better but still needs some love. I got tired and called it a night before I screwed something up.

Oh yeah.....the front sight cut is to small. Looks like a trip out to see my buddy Allen and his guy Friday.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I had a chance to stop by The Outdoorsman in Greenwood this afternoon and was looking for nothing in particular, but looking none the less. One of the guns they have right now is the first prototype of the new DW Wraith. It differs a bit from the production gun and since it's the prototype, it's been stamped as a blem. I'd love to pick that up but the wallet says a really big NO on that one. I took a look at a CZ P10C that's suppressor ready and in urban gray. The urban gray color looks much better to me in poly than it does in paint and that pistol would be a fantastic RMR host. The last thing I looked at that I kind of liked was a Gen 5 G26. It did not feel like a G gun. I'm not so sure that I need that one now. It made sense when I was thinking that I needed to go easy on the shoulder until it heals but now that I'm supposed to have it trimmed and stapled a bit, I don't need to find a short barrel 9mm pistol. The left shoulder is just fine so the P10C works quite well there. But, The G26.5 felt like what I hope that a CZ feels like should they ever get off their butt and build the P10S. As much as I hate to admit it, I'm still thinking of picking that one up.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning everyone. Much needed coffee this morning. Moved into the new house last night. Bed at 2am, up at 5:30am. Could not sleep. Previous owners left the house dirty. Today is cleaning day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom