The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    1. I had to put my gun pursuits on hold a bit last Fall, but fortunately the numbers turned out well: sold high, bought low (downsizing).

Our last house had a hodgepodge of things we accrued over the years. We want the new house to have an actual theme and replace/upgrade some of our stuff that is older and worn out. Of course I have this hobby/passion for guns that is always on my mind. It's the only thing I do for a past time. I don't fish, hunt or follow sports. And I'm not into quilting either.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    It kills me when I buy the same or similar gun repeatedly. My buy/sell history is comical when looked at as a whole. Right now I just don't know what I want, but know that I want "something". Got an itch, trying to scratch it, but can't seem to figure out where it's coming from. Checked the usual spots, nope not there.

I went through this for a long time. You'll get there. In my 9 year journey with guns I have bought and carried so many different guns. Now I know what I like. I just now started branching out again but I don't think I'll be carrying anything different for a long time.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I have carried unmentionable, Austrian pistols, since their introduction, and probably always will. Birds, ChurchMouse, and the Wizard have turned me into a trigger snob for the range toys though. There is nothing like the feel of a trigger that has been shown the love of a true craftsmen.

I don't really have the room to install another safe, so I try to keep the headcount about the same at this point. I just hate parting with any guns.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I have carried unmentionable, Austrian pistols, since their introduction, and probably always will. Birds, ChurchMouse, and the Wizard have turned me into a trigger snob for the range toys though. There is nothing like the feel of a trigger that has been shown the love of a true craftsmen.

I don't really have the room to install another safe, so I try to keep the headcount about the same at this point. I just hate parting with any guns.

The 19X tempted me very seriously the other day. Almost went home with me. I just got rid of two Gen 5's not that long ago. But the 19X felt better.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    The 19X tempted me very seriously the other day. Almost went home with me. I just got rid of two Gen 5's not that long ago. But the 19X felt better.

We can always meet up at a range and you can run my SW 2.0 with an apex trigger or I could drop it off and you could run it for a while? Also have a 1.0 PC with an an rmr, if you want to try it out before milling your 2.0?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    We can always meet up at a range and you can run my SW 2.0 with an apex trigger or I could drop it off and you could run it for a while? Also have a 1.0 PC with an an rmr, if you want to try it out before milling your 2.0?
    This is a generous offer. I will keep in mind. Many thanks.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just went back and looked.....got the measurements and have come to the conclusion I have no place to put it.

That's always the killer for me as well. I may be stuck with going the modular route for the next safe due to the odd, small hallways and doors in my house. I cannot even fit a regular desk in my den and had to pass the current setup through the window to get it in here. Modular would allow me to bring the thing in a piece at a time and get it to where it needs to go.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's always the killer for me as well. I may be stuck with going the modular route for the next safe due to the odd, small hallways and doors in my house. I cannot even fit a regular desk in my den and had to pass the current setup through the window to get it in here. Modular would allow me to bring the thing in a piece at a time and get it to where it needs to go.

I can get about anything in but I need a place to put it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Finally getting some decent rain here in Greenwood. Sucks that it came on a weekend but I guess that's better than not getting it at all.

I am contemplating picking up a Gen 5 G26 for carry until the shoulder heals. I'd love to grab a sub-compact striker fired CZ but they don't exist yet. I don't know why they are ignoring the sub-compact market. The Rami is nice but a P10S would be perfect for what I need right now. The closest thing to that is the G-thingy. The thinking behind the Gen 5 is that as soon as CZ delivers the promised P10S, the Gen 5 G26 will be an easy sale. A conversion barrel for the G27 with new mags would work but it would take a lot longer for me to have enough confidence in a conversion barrel than it would the whole factory pistol. Plus, a conversion barrel and 3 mags would put me back $200 and when I sold my last G27 that had a conversion barrel and mags, I think I got maybe $25 over the price of the pistol alone for the extras.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Finally getting some decent rain here in Greenwood. Sucks that it came on a weekend but I guess that's better than not getting it at all.

I am contemplating picking up a Gen 5 G26 for carry until the shoulder heals. I'd love to grab a sub-compact striker fired CZ but they don't exist yet. I don't know why they are ignoring the sub-compact market. The Rami is nice but a P10S would be perfect for what I need right now. The closest thing to that is the G-thingy. The thinking behind the Gen 5 is that as soon as CZ delivers the promised P10S, the Gen 5 G26 will be an easy sale. A conversion barrel for the G27 with new mags would work but it would take a lot longer for me to have enough confidence in a conversion barrel than it would the whole factory pistol. Plus, a conversion barrel and 3 mags would put me back $200 and when I sold my last G27 that had a conversion barrel and mags, I think I got maybe $25 over the price of the pistol alone for the extras.

I'm beginning to think i've stumbled into G*****Talk when i open this thread.:(

I have a couple of ugly guns too, but I try not to make y'all hear about them.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That's the thing that keeps me from picking up a P365. Until they've been sorted out, I'll hold off on one. Plus, the P365 would require a new holster and the one's I like take about 10 weeks to deliver. The G26 would drop right into the current setup. So would a P10S though. I really wish that they would build one already. It sucks to talk about buying a G-gun in a CZ thread because CZ is dragging their feet in the sub-compact market.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Agree 100%. The first issues with the P365 didn't bother me but since MACs video has come out about the heavy striker drag and his trigger failure, I have been more concerned. His trigger failure may have been a mag issue but given the timeline of events with the P320, it does not exude confidence in Sigs yet to be made response.

I don't believe CZ cataloged the "S" so at best it is a 2019 release which mean we might see them in 2020...and that is assuming they (1) release it and (2) don't have any issues with it!

Crap....did I just talk myself into a (insert brand that shall not be named).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom