The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    The G26 would drop right into the current setup. So would a P10S though. I really wish that they would build one already. It sucks to talk about buying a G-gun in a CZ thread because CZ is dragging their feet in the sub-compact market.
    Seems we talked about this very thing not long ago. The RAMI is a wonderful piece, I'm really liking mine even more than I thought I would. But it's a chunker to carry IWB. Either a single stack RAMI or getting that P10S to market would be a smart move on CZ's part, especially with how well the market took to the Shield, G43, even the XD-S and to a lesser degree the XD-E. Single-stack subcompact 9's are an almost guaranteed hit right now.

So which one of you guys snagged that PCR?!?

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    Seems we talked about this very thing not long ago. The RAMI is a wonderful piece, I'm really liking mine even more than I thought I would. But it's a chunker to carry IWB. Either a single stack RAMI or getting that P10S to market would be a smart move on CZ's part, especially with how well the market took to the Shield, G43, even the XD-S and to a lesser degree the XD-E. Single-stack subcompact 9's are an almost guaranteed hit right now.

So which one of you guys snagged that PCR?!?

I would have thought that the guy with the P-01 would have come down by now.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I would have thought that the guy with the P-01 would have come down by now.
    I saw that he dropped the price $25. Was it you who had the killer deal on one about a year ago? I was so close to jumping on it at the time, but I already have one that's been fully Wizardized and couldn't justify it.

I don't know. Hoping it was Hoosier45. I am avoiding the classies since Dean listed a couple. Both are nice but I'd like that accu-shadow. Trying to be strong...
    This was my guess. You guys were sure poking him about it! For what it was, it would have been hard to replicate that PCR for le$$. I really like mine. Even with just the CGW Ultra-Lite Kit, it's a phenomenal shooter. I really need to get it out again.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Ok, just got back from the doctor and it looks like shoulder surgery is in my future. In the mean time, no heavy lifting and no heavy recoil. That last one is tough for me. I've been getting the itch to take the Redhawk out again but that violates both of those rules. I need to rethink my carry plans for the time being until this is past me. I was going to grab a light 9mm carry gun but since shooting lefty is going to be something that I need to get good at, I might just as well start practicing left hand shooting more now.

I can still left and shoot the SP01 with my left hand helping, so for fun, either that or a .22lr will be the focus for a while. The SP01 is about as soft a shooter as I think that I have, with maybe the exception of the 9mm 1911.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Ok, just got back from the doctor and it looks like shoulder surgery is in my future. In the mean time, no heavy lifting and no heavy recoil. That last one is tough for me. I've been getting the itch to take the Redhawk out again but that violates both of those rules. I need to rethink my carry plans for the time being until this is past me. I was going to grab a light 9mm carry gun but since shooting lefty is going to be something that I need to get good at, I might just as well start practicing left hand shooting more now.

I can still left and shoot the SP01 with my left hand helping, so for fun, either that or a .22lr will be the focus for a while. The SP01 is about as soft a shooter as I think that I have, with maybe the exception of the 9mm 1911.

Hate this for you and I'm sure it's frustrating the hell out of you.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Hate this for you and I'm sure it's frustrating the hell out of you.
    Thanks T-Dogg. The killer is that he recommends no rifles at all until it's all over and done with. I'm sure that I could sneak some time in with a .22lr but it will be a little while before I can break the scout rifle out again. It will be over soon enough and things will get back to normal. Hopefully, I'm a little smarter when it comes to pushing cars around next time.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Thanks T-Dogg. The killer is that he recommends no rifles at all until it's all over and done with. I'm sure that I could sneak some time in with a .22lr but it will be a little while before I can break the scout rifle out again. It will be over soon enough and things will get back to normal. Hopefully, I'm a little smarter when it comes to pushing cars around next time.

Looks like a .22 only shoot next Saturday. I'll only bring my 22's as well in solidarity ;)

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

Not to sound stupid here, but can you just shoot rifles from the other hand/shoulder? I practice shooting pistols and rifles both using my weak hand. It isn't as fun, but doable.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Take it from someone who has a permanently wrecked shoulder - heed the advice and direction of the doctors!

I can shoot low recoil rifles weak side but the big magnums have me all out of sorts weak side to hit anything accurately. I should buy one of the those recoil pad you wear and hide it under my shirt so no one will give me crap. Lol!!!

88 - Time to break out the lollipops and 22s.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Time for me and my CZ Shadow 2 to head to the range for Monday night steel. Looks like the weather is going to cooperate. :rockwoot:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm sure that I could shoot a rifle lefty if need be and really should practice that since I still have partial vision from the right eye anyway. What I really need to do though is go holster shopping for a left hand G19 holster for the P10C. Even better would be a left hand P01 holster that could accommodate the SP01 as well. I probably won't do much shooting for a while after the surgery and plan to focus on studying for some certifications. It might be a good time to focus on the career rather than the hobby maybe.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm sure that I could shoot a rifle lefty if need be and really should practice that since I still have partial vision from the right eye anyway. What I really need to do though is go holster shopping for a left hand G19 holster for the P10C. Even better would be a left hand P01 holster that could accommodate the SP01 as well. I probably won't do much shooting for a while after the surgery and plan to focus on studying for some certifications. It might be a good time to focus on the career rather than the hobby maybe.

Your right shoulder......?????

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

Doggone! I'd be whining more than you, I'm afraid. Sorry to hear about your luck.
    Hopefully the recovery will be swift and fairly painless.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom