The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I found it last night.

Been negotiating with myself all night. It's a three hour drive, but only two for me if he meets part way. A new Pcr on gunbroker is $600. It's another $250 in parts to do it myself, or $300 to send it to CGW. Or $900 to buy one from CGW already done, but never in stock.

But I told the wife no new guns until I put new windows in. But if I sell this or that it will cover it. But I probably won't get what I want if I sell it. Sometimes I make myself a little crazy.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    It is difficult to sell anything right now, but the 2.0 is popular, especially the compacts. I don't think you will have a hard time moving it. Or you could RMR it?
    Yeah I thought about the RMR on it. I would still need to address the trigger and I don't know that the Apex upgrade would give me what I want.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Yeah I thought about the RMR on it. I would still need to address the trigger and I don't know that the Apex upgrade would give me what I want.

Depending on what you typically shoot, you are probably correct. The apex is an upgrade over stock, but will not give you a target trigger by any means.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Hoosier - Buy it. You know how awesome a PCR is. What’s a few hours?

T-dogg - I know a couple people that think the 380 ez is just a great gun.

Send the 2.0 to AllenM and do the Apex. My 2.0 has a less than 3 lb trigger with an apex.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Been negotiating with myself all night. It's a three hour drive, but only two for me if he meets part way. A new Pcr on gunbroker is $600. It's another $250 in parts to do it myself, or $300 to send it to CGW. Or $900 to buy one from CGW already done, but never in stock.

But I told the wife no new guns until I put new windows in. But if I sell this or that it will cover it. But I probably won't get what I want if I sell it. Sometimes I make myself a little crazy.

Man do I understand that. I have a safe full of AR's of various uses/mods. I built one for the spouse last year but her medical issues have her to the point that she can not wield it for a full mag. She can run the AR pistol well enough if she has to. So here I sit wanting to move her rifle so I can open a slot and fill it with the one I have in process right now. Thing is, I will take a serious beating if I post it up. She is a member so I may have her post it just because.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Man do I understand that. I have a safe full of AR's of various uses/mods. I built one for the spouse last year but her medical issues have her to the point that she can not wield it for a full mag. She can run the AR pistol well enough if she has to. So here I sit wanting to move her rifle so I can open a slot and fill it with the one I have in process right now. Thing is, I will take a serious beating if I post it up. She is a member so I may have her post it just because.

I hear you. First world problems. We have so many nice guns, what do we do with them all? How do we make room when we want to add more nice guns? Lol. Was not the problem I had when I was younger.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I hear you. First world problems. We have so many nice guns, what do we do with them all? How do we make room when we want to add more nice guns? Lol. Was not the problem I had when I was younger.

A few years ago I would buy/sell regularly but the market was strong and my guns were only lightly modified out of the box pieces. I still took a butt kicking when I sold them but a lot of folks were introduced to the world of having a nice trigger. Now, everything I own is seriously worked over or fully custom one off. Even the CZ's. Very hard to let go and just as hard to get a fair sale price for.

I went back to the safe and looked at that AR. Damn it is nice.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    A few years ago I would buy/sell regularly but the market was strong and my guns were only lightly modified out of the box pieces. I still took a butt kicking when I sold them but a lot of folks were introduced to the world of having a nice trigger. Now, everything I own is seriously worked over or fully custom one off. Even the CZ's. Very hard to let go and just as hard to get a fair sale price for.

I went back to the safe and looked at that AR. Damn it is nice.

Yup. Sometimes I will decide it is time to let something go, until I pull it out of the safe and handle it again. Then I decide it's too nice to let go, and back to the safe it goes.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've struggled with the buy/sell cycle for years. For a while, I convinced myself that I was a collector but I find little satisfaction in owning guns that I don't shoot. Plus, when I do sell, it's either to friends or as a trade in and neither of those routes gets what a gun is really worth. I don't want to make money by moving a gun to a friend and will generally sell it for what I have in it or less if I threw a bunch of parts at a project that is not worth the sum of its parts. So, I'm probably the worlds worst speculative collector.

There are a couple of long guns that I really should move on as I have not shot them in a long time and don't see that changing. As much fun as I had with Mosin's in the past, I'm happy with only having one and should let that little M38 shoulder beater find a new home. I'm not sure if I should be shooting a big recoil long arm until the shoulder is sorted anyway. But, I hate selling stuff to strangers.

First world problems, right? I really should just post stuff up in the classies and be done with it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Yup. Sometimes I will decide it is time to let something go, until I pull it out of the safe and handle it again. Then I decide it's too nice to let go, and back to the safe it goes.

I do that too. What's worse, is that even if I pull it out of the safe and think that I should let it go still, I'll typically do one last range trip with it and then I come home and it goes right back into the safe again.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I do that too. What's worse, is that even if I pull it out of the safe and think that I should let it go still, I'll typically do one last range trip with it and then I come home and it goes right back into the safe again.

Same. And if you are in this hobby to make money, you are in the wrong hobby. Very rarely do I even come close to breaking even. I usually end up selling a perfectly good CZ97 for $400.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yep, if the market was still strong I could unload both of my P229's in .40 without taking a bath, but that's not the way it is. Even considering getting rid of my Sub2k as pistol carbine is fun, but just not something I really need. I have my 22's, which I love to shoot and my P10's, which are my carry guns. A couple other pieces that are occasionally fun to play with at the range, but I don't feel I need anything else right now. Give it a few months and I'll be back to lusting over more stuff. Just the way it is... :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom