The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Darn, Hopper, I was hoping you would just hate that RAMI. LOL!!

I know the world generally hates on 1911 9mm's but I have one and find it a very enjoyable platform.
    Hahh! Nope, no hate for the RAMI, it's a keeper. It has its cons, but I ran it hard yesterday, and it didn't put up any guff. I'm convinced it's up for any challenge I'll throw at it.

And yeah, I know it's sacrilege to run 9mm in a 1911... but for me it's everything fun about the 1911 platform with the economics of 9mm.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Darn, Hopper, I was hoping you would just hate that RAMI. LOL!!

I know the world generally hates on 1911 9mm's but I have one and find it a very enjoyable platform.

I avoided 9mm 1911s for a long time but ended up picking up a Colt for under $700 back in December of 2016. Once I got it sorted out, it's a fun gun to shoot. Almost SP01 like in the lack of recoil, but with a better trigger.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I talked AllenM out of one of his custom 1911's in 9mm for the spouse. Really really nice gun.
    Neither one of us really liked it much. Any 9mm's we own will be CZ's.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I talked AllenM out of one of his custom 1911's in 9mm for the spouse. Really really nice gun.

1. You know I read your comments and put weight into them. :coffee:
    2. Should I stumble on a fine deal for a CZ (like I've done with the FNS and almost an HK recently, but was too late), which model would you recommend (you know how I love to buy an older less expensive model that is still a classic (Ruger P89 for example)?
    3. I read of the CZ P09, but someone suggested I start with a CZ 75 model (if I got my models correct?).
    4. You know of my habits as well as anyone (since I probably drive you nuts with my "hodge-podge" having fun, inexperienced approach, but I would still be interested in whether you think I should stay away from the CZs (b/c I don't deserve or would appreciate the "finese" of them (due to my legendary inexperience and lack of refinement), or if I tasted the wine (like with my FNS and Glock experience) I would become a convert (hope you enjoyed the mixed metaphors: you know how I love wording :laugh:).

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    2. Should I stumble on a fine deal for a CZ (like I've done with the FNS and almost an HK recently, but was too late), which model would you recommend (you know how I love to buy an older less expensive model that is still a classic (Ruger P89 for example)?
    3. I read of the CZ P09, but someone suggested I start with a CZ 75 model (if I got my models correct?).
    4. You know of my habits as well as anyone (since I probably drive you nuts with my "hodge-podge" having fun, inexperienced approach, but I would still be interested in whether you think I should stay away from the CZs (b/c I don't deserve or would appreciate the "finese" of them (due to my legendary inexperience and lack of refinement), or if I tasted the wine (like with my FNS and Glock experience) I would become a convert (hope you enjoyed the mixed metaphors: you know how I love wording :laugh:).

Best I can tell you on this and several others should chime in as well.......The P-09 is a large handgun. I like them and will possibly own another one day. Possibly.
    There are several in the CZ line up so finding the right fit is a personal thing.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

I feel the same way. Heavy metal and 9mm to me equals CZ ;)

The CZ 75 is a classic. It's a very nice gun and even if it's not the first CZ you try, you should try it sometime. The CZ 75B or the CZ 75 Compact (throwing the P-01 and the PCR in that category as well) are good ones to try. The 75B is a full sized gun, while the Compact is, well, a compact sized gun. Try one or more stock to see what you think, but you haven't tried the best CZ has to offer unless you try one that has been fully cajunized (customized with add-in parts from Cajun Gun Works, installed by a skillful gunsmith like the Wizard). The wizard put the CGW pro-package in my CZ 75 Compact back when Birds Away owned it and when he sold it, I had him convert it to single action only (SAO) with a nice flat trigger and also had him add the extended safety which made it easier to rest my thumb on like with a 1911. The gun is easily one of the most accurate I've ever owned or shot and has a super light, crisp ~2lb trigger. You may not like the customized trigger on a CZ, but it's close to as good a trigger as you'll ever experience. You may find the stock trigger just fine though, if you're not a trigger snob. I know plenty of people that shoot them stock and love them. A huge positive for me with CZ's is that you can change the grips, similar to a 1911. Many different options to choose from, to help with the overall fit of the gun, or just for aesthetics. Either way, you should try the original, all metal version(s) of CZ's before trying the polymer versions, at least in my opinion. The poly guns are good, but the all metal versions have found a place in my heart.

You may sometimes find already customized CZ's in the classifieds, but not often. They can run anywhere from $500 or $600 all the way up to $2k or more depending on the model, the work done and what is included in the package.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    My wife had to change to a very restrictive diet and ask if I "wanted" to do the same. We all know what the answer to that is...."of course, I do".

First off the list this morning - coffee creamer. Back to black.

Oh. Good Morning all!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My wife had to change to a very restrictive diet and ask if I "wanted" to do the same. We all know what the answer to that is...."of course, I do".

Oh. Good Morning all!

Yep, it's usually easier all the way around if both spouses follow the same diet, at least as closely as possible. Helps keep temptation at bay... ;)

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

Oh. Good Morning all!

Coffee creamer is foul stuff anyway. I've grown accustomed to black coffee after 35 years of drinking it that way. Started in the army when in basic training I didn't have time to add stuff to it if I wanted to eat my breakfast AND drink my coffee.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I'm never in such a hurry that I can't add a little creamer to my coffee... :):

I can drink coffee black, but see no reason to do so.

Sugar is my addiction. and caffeine. and buying guns I "need"...after saying I wasn't buying anything else so the gun FUNd could grow to a comp'd 10 mm; I bought another 3rd gen SW Saturday. Really? Like I need another....

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Sugar is my addiction. and caffeine. and buying guns I "need"...after saying I wasn't buying anything else so the gun FUNd could grow to a comp'd 10 mm; I bought another 3rd gen SW Saturday. Really? Like I need another....

Yep, I like coffee with a little sugar and a little creamer. Makes it much more palatable IMO, plus it's easier on my stomach. Having really bad acid reflux really hurts my ability to consume as much coffee as I'd prefer... :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom