The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Hmmm, what era BMW? A plastic radiator catch bottle can run between $45 and $200 depending on what it goes on and where you get it. I'm guessing E46 to E91 range, as now is about the time to be replacing the plastic rad components on those, so I'd offer up the guess of an SP01 Tactical.

F02

The answer is a CZ Shadow 2. Assuming I have my CZ retail pricing correct, that’s the closest to the repair estimate of “about $1100”. That’s an independent shop. Would hate to see dealer pricing. Should have done it myself but time....it’s really been a very low maintenance car but it is approaching 200k and needs to last until I get my twins out of college or I’ll be riding a moped.

Morning all...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    F02

The answer is a CZ Shadow 2. Assuming I have my CZ retail pricing correct, that’s the closest to the repair estimate of “about $1100”. That’s an independent shop. Would hate to see dealer pricing. Should have done it myself but time....it’s really been a very low maintenance car but it is approaching 200k and needs to last until I get my twins out of college or I’ll be riding a moped.

Morning all...

Twins/college.......................:faint:

I am the same with my 2 vehicles. Both 04's and both trucks. Just north of 110 on the Van and 140 on my truck. Well maintained. I hope to run them until they take my license.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Vehicle maintenance has had to go on the back burner. Too many closer alligators biting at my ass. I know I will probably pay for it later but I don't really have any options right now.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Vehicle maintenance has had to go on the back burner. Too many closer alligators biting at my ass. I know I will probably pay for it later but I don't really have any options right now.

I get it. My wife was suppose to go to MI on a medical referral Monday. Insurance company holding us up on referral or we can pay up to $15,000 a day. I don't know the answer but there has to be a better way for the arguably the richest country in the world to provide state-of-the-art medical care to its citizens.

Rant over but that does mean that I have some time that was blocked out of my calendar that could be filled in with some much needed range time! Terribly insensitive and self-serving but true...

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I get it. My wife was suppose to go to MI on a medical referral Monday. Insurance company holding us up on referral or we can pay up to $15,000 a day. I don't know the answer but there has to be a better way for the arguably the richest country in the world to provide state-of-the-art medical care to its citizens.

Rant over but that does mean that I have some time that was blocked out of my calendar that could be filled in with some much needed range time! Terribly insensitive and self-serving but true...

Not at all. I'm sure this situation is quite stressful for you. It's just good sense to relieve that stress before it leads to physical maladies of your own. You're simply healing thyself. :yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

My brother.......If you can take the time for some GPT do it. Believe me just do it.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. I totally get it and feel your pain and it is, as my Dad would say: "ass-backwards," with what the insurance companies get away with by saying, "No."
    2. I get the "escape" by shooting or whatever, to clear out the brain and reset: never feel guilty about taking out some time for yourself.
    3. There is much research on the effects of long-term care-givers who don't have any "time-out" from their routines.
    4. The concept is applicable to those who aren't a 100"%" care-giver."
    5. Truly sorry to hear of the financial stressers added to the health issues of your beloved: bummers! :ugh:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Good morning friends, hope everybody has a great weekend!psyko Between car repairs, medical bills etc. seems like it is always something that pops up!

1. Last weekend was great. This weekend will be back to the garage/shed organizing, and I think grass and trimming needs done 1x/wk this time of year or is that every 2 weeks? :laugh:
    2. Got to go to the range twice this week b/c I bought 2 guns: FNS Bronze 9mm (different than the FNS Longslide of 2-3 weeks ago), and a little Glock 42 .380, so I can't complain, but I would really love to sneak away over the weekend.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    5. Truly sorry to hear of the financial stressers added to the health issues of your beloved: bummers! :ugh:

We are lucky. Her struggles, while serious and debilitating, are not life threatening and finances might be challenged but not in total hardship. I am still counting my blessings. Life is good; just a little rougher than wanted.

She is thinking she wants another Thompson Contender if I can find an 1980's small bore. Secretly hoping that she likes the CZ RAMI whenever it gets here and will share in the GPT on the less bad days. (There is that self serving thing again!!) She was a scaring good shot with a pistol back in the day.

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    2. Got to go to the range twice this week b/c I bought 2 guns: FNS Bronze 9mm (different than the FNS Longslide of 2-3 weeks ago), and a little Glock 42 .380, so I can't complain, but I would really love to sneak away over the weekend.

I was told that I was only allowed one post per day in this thread unless I owned at least one CZ.

arctic427

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Indy
    We are lucky. Her struggles, while serious and debilitating, are not life threatening and finances might be challenged but not in total hardship. I am still counting my blessings. Life is good; just a little rougher than wanted.

She is thinking she wants another Thompson Contender if I can find an 1980's small bore. Secretly hoping that she likes the CZ RAMI whenever it gets here and will share in the GPT on the less bad days. (There is that self serving thing again!!) She was a scaring good shot with a pistol back in the day.
    Well if your in Indy beechgrove has an old contender for sale and it's not priced bad plus it's a 357 if that's small enough for u.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. You have no idea how I enjoyed reading your post on so many levels.
    2. I can't quit smiling at all that behind the words and sentiments: sounds like a wonderful spouse on both sides of the aisle! :thumbsup:
    3. We have had to cancel vacations (only go on one every decade anyway :ugh: and juggle many other financial balls b/c of medical expenses of $1000ish/mo. for as long as I remember. I just tell people we like to vacation at hot medical spots locally! :crying:
    4. Like you, I am so grateful that it isn't worse: it could change in any day, and has, but recovery was granted, but I know she could be on dialysis in a New York minute.
    5. Keep us informed, b/c I'm betting you have alot of members here who identify with you and care about your situations: this old guy does! :)

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I was told that I was only allowed one post per day in this thread unless I owned at least one CZ.

1. Well, I'll probably be slapped silly for not knowing that. :ugh:
    2. In my defense, I have been looking at the 2 different models when they come up: P-09 and the 75, since they were recommended: I was told I should start with the 75 first (I'll hope it's less expensive also). :laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom