The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My wife had to change to a very restrictive diet and ask if I "wanted" to do the same. We all know what the answer to that is...."of course, I do".

First off the list this morning - coffee creamer. Back to black.

Oh. Good Morning all!

Was this to true underlying message to the AC/DC tune...???

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I am for coffee black only, if it were meant to have additives it would already be in the bean :laugh:

Good coffee shouldn't be tainted with additives.

Gas station coffee or other garbage gets cream.

LOL! I notice that my cheap Folgers isn't as good black but I need the plastic containers for brass storage so no coffee in a bag for me...

I respect you guys too much to ever point out when you're wrong... ;)

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Three beans in the Sambuca. Critical.

Great finish to that Italian dinner.

Caff%C3%A8.jpg

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Some of the best coffee I remember drinking was the early mornings on a cold day during my Civil War reenacting hobby. After having coffee bean issued as part of your rations along with hardtack you would have to first roast the bean and then place inside a very small cloth bag and crush it the best you could with the butt of your Springfield. Then store your bean in your haversack and when ever it was time for a cup I would use my coffee boiler (a large tin cup with lid, handle and bail wire) to use to set on the coals of your camp fire. I would fill about 3/4 water and a small amount of crushed bean to my taste. Let it boil until the crushed bean settled to the bottom of your boiler. Great cup of coffee until you start sucking in the grounds! History! Fun time!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    When I drink coffee, I drink coffee. When I drink milk, well, I don't drink milk, so I'll just grab another cup of coffee. The only real exception to that is at Christmas time when I'll either dump a bit of Bailey's in it or maybe eggnog if it's handy. Even that is rare during the holidays and just serves to make coffee feel more festive.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    What llh1956 doesn't tell you is that after that cup of coffee he'd march about 5000 miles in wool clothes and shoes that wouldn't pass for socks today.

Yep - he is the real deal...

Ah yes, 5000 miles in a pair of Jefferson Brogan's the most expensive and uncomfortable pair of shoes I own:laugh: Wood pegged soles and steel heal plates!

c415atA.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    cvPdbGR.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Some of the best coffee I remember drinking was the early mornings on a cold day during my Civil War reenacting hobby. After having coffee bean issued as part of your rations along with hardtack you would have to first roast the bean and then place inside a very small cloth bag and crush it the best you could with the butt of your Springfield. Then store your bean in your haversack and when ever it was time for a cup I would use my coffee boiler (a large tin cup with lid, handle and bail wire) to use to set on the coals of your camp fire. I would fill about 3/4 water and a small amount of crushed bean to my taste. Let it boil until the crushed bean settled to the bottom of your boiler. Great cup of coffee until you start sucking in the grounds! History! Fun time!

That sounds pretty cool. It sure would give you the feel for what troops went through back then. I'll bet that CM could give you a few tips on how to improve that coffee a bit as I think he was young enough during the Civil War to have had to make his own coffee that way.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    We make coffee in a percolator at Shawnee N/F in the fall. One of the guys has a hand cranked grinder set to fairly coarse. Filled, it cranks out just enough fresh beans to fill the basket on the percolator. Perk until the proper shade of brown is reached. Best coffee in the world at 0500 on a dewy September morning, pre-squirrel hunt.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom