The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Wide awake at 4 am...going to be a long day.

I think it was the lingering guilt of having three Wizard touched CZs that remained unfired through the long weekend...or maybe it's the struggle to not click on AllenM's 10 mm ad. Going to hold off for a while on gun purchases. (Note: the definition of "for a while" is undetermined and subject to change).

Off to make coffee.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

I think it was the lingering guilt of having three Wizard touched CZs that remained unfired through the long weekend...or maybe it's the struggle to not click on AllenM's 10 mm ad. Going to hold off for a while on gun purchases. (Note: the definition of "for a while" is undetermined and subject to change).

Off to make coffee.

I normally get up at 4:30, but I didn't get much sleep over the long weekend so I decided to sleep in and work from home today. Shouldn't have, as I have meetings that would have been better in person, but getting a solid 8 hours sleep was very much needed... :coffee:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Raffle...not a bad idea. I have a small project for Allen and am hoping the 10mm sells before I see it in person!

WT: "I normally get up at 4:30" - nothing normal about getting up at 4:30.

I would love to do differently, but I absolutely hate traffic with a passion. Getting up at 4:30 lets me get to work early enough that I don't have a ton of traffic and then traffic is lighter when heading home as well. While I hate getting up at 4:30, I generally do it 3 days a week, when I have to go into the office. The other days I get up closer to 6:00, which is still plenty early IMHO.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Off to make coffee.

When I picked up the M1-A SOCOM yesterday I was full of the knowledge that new mags/optic/optic mount were in the cards. Also with the 2011 frame on Allens mill any more additions to the safe were going to be a real stretch.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    M1-A. That is a nice pick up. Sorta like MM's vette's. What has been cool, always will be cool!

I need another safe (and income). Overflowing with hardware right now, especially long guns. Brought home your old 'yote AR from Losey and it really doesn't fit. Rural King has a Gettysburg 84 for $800 and I was think about picking that up and moving the, umm, less critical items into that. I just can't bring myself to spend $2500 on another safe. Or explain to my wife that after "downsizing" I need more space...on the other hand...she would like to find a 1980's vintage Thompson Contender so maybe I need a safe just for that?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    M1-A. That is a nice pick up. Sorta like MM's vette's. What has been cool, always will be cool!

I need another safe (and income). Overflowing with hardware right now, especially long guns. Brought home your old 'yote AR from Losey and it really doesn't fit. Rural King has a Gettysburg 84 for $800 and I was think about picking that up and moving the, umm, less critical items into that. I just can't bring myself to spend $2500 on another safe. Or explain to my wife that after "downsizing" I need more space...on the other hand...she would like to find a 1980's vintage Thompson Contender so maybe I need a safe just for that?

I like the way you prioritize. Works for me.
    Smaller 10 rifle StakOn is my expansion safe.

I will forever be enamored with the Garands and M1's of old.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    letter.png

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    Update to my DA issue: increased trigger bar spring tension, same issue. double checked, i didn't polish or alter geometry of either the trigger bar or the winglet on the disconnector. waiting to be contacted by CZ Custom now. will let you guys know results.

good news is: i can fully disassemble (minus mag release, since i didn't need to pull that out to check this) and re-assemble a decocker 75 frame in under a half hour.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    New parts day! Just installed the CGW Ultra-Lite Kit in the RAMI BD. Trigger pull improvements are not as significant as the same kit for the PCR, but it's an improvement over stock nonetheless. Hopefully I can find an evening soon, or maybe this coming weekend, to sling some lead with this little fella.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    New parts day! Just installed the CGW Ultra-Lite Kit in the RAMI BD. Trigger pull improvements are not as significant as the same kit for the PCR, but it's an improvement over stock nonetheless. Hopefully I can find an evening soon, or maybe this coming weekend, to sling some lead with this little fella.

Congrats. Always exciting to try out a new gun after some upgrades.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

If you did not polish it in you will have to run it for a while to feel the full benefit.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    If you did not polish it in you will have to run it for a while to feel the full benefit.
    Very much agreed. I'll be honest... new firing pins and spring swaps and roll pins are easy, I've done it enough times on my other CZs... but I'm afraid to get very deep into a CZ decocker. So I'll do it the old-fashioned way and shoot it in!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Very much agreed. I'll be honest... new firing pins and spring swaps and roll pins are easy, I've done it enough times on my other CZs... but I'm afraid to get very deep into a CZ decocker. So I'll do it the old-fashioned way and shoot it in!

The Wizard had a RAMI when I picked mine up. It was a very very nice trigger. The guy just knows what needs what where. His DA pulls are outstanding. SA pulls are just a thought away from the hammer falling.

I just want to stop by his place once a week and drool.

While I was there last Friday, he tried out the trigger on a SW CS40 I had. Pretty sure he had an allergic reaction to the 14 pound DA. Hopefully, I can improve it a little before he fires it as a CS10mm. Luckily, I had a snake gun with me and I think the old school Colt trigger help him recover?

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    The Wizard had a RAMI when I picked mine up. It was a very very nice trigger. The guy just knows what needs what where. His DA pulls are outstanding. SA pulls are just a thought away from the hammer falling.
    Yes indeed, he sure does know what needs attention, and exactly how much. Sheesh does that guy have the magic touch. I can't remember who ended up with the OD cerakoted RAMI from a few years back, I think it's been passed around a bit, but... DANG. For what you have to work with in such a subcompact amount of space, that trigger was almost telepathic.

That's funny about an allergic reaction to a 14lb trigger pull, hahh!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom