The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I it's from Sylvania, and it's like the CZ 75 profected, or a really good knock off of the Sig P226, if you want to see it in action look up Military Arms channel, Arex zero 1 vs Sig P226 he puts it through a torture test, I didn't buy it on that test, but I've put it through a lot and it's never had a failure yet, I also have a Sig P226 and a P229, but for the money I saved the Arex is a winner  of course this is JMHO 
    From what I understand it is a good quality Sig clone. Not related to CZ in any way that I can see. I know a little about "perfected" CZ 75s, this ain't it. Still, if you're looking for a 226 and can't or don't want to swing that kind of money this might be for you.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Wow. Ask a question in the "CZickness" thread and some "CZicko" will have an answer or at least know what is up.

Yep, while we loves us some CZ's, the addiction doesn't stop there... :):

From what I understand it is a good quality Sig clone. Not related to CZ in any way that I can see. I know a little about "perfected" CZ 75s, this ain't it. Still, if you're looking for a 226 and can't or don't want to swing that kind of money this might be for you.

I don't know about perfected. I've heard these are very good guns for the money, but a "perfected" Sig P226 in my mind is the Legion SAO. The only reason I sold mine was due to really needing the cash and I've regretted it every day since. If I can save up the money, I'm going to pick up a P229 Legion SAO once they're released. I think I'll sell both of my P229's in .40 to help pay for it. Seems like a good swap to me, especially since my wrists are no longer up to .40, or anything else hotter than 9mm... :(

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Morning All...

I think my next purchase is a savings account...unless something interesting comes along...or needs an upgrade...or is a "good deal"...or...

It's not a CZ but I bought a cosmetically challenged S&W CS40 on GunBroker the other night. Will decide when I have it in hand but, seriously thinking a 10mm conversion because everyone needs a 3.25" 10 mm...

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Morning all. Spent all day cutting up and hauling off a big tree that we cut down in my yard. Probably better than 30" diameter. Stump will be burning for weeks. I am a bit tired today.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Thanks to a discussion that was had on this thread and my subsequent introduction to Rise n Roll; we are doing a Rise n Roll fundraiser for our youth rec baseball/softball leagues...

So maybe y'all aren't always a bad influence! :)

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Morning All...

I think my next purchase is a savings account...unless something interesting comes along...or needs an upgrade...or is a "good deal"...or...

It's not a CZ but I bought a cosmetically challenged S&W CS40 on GunBroker the other night. Will decide when I have it in hand but, seriously thinking a 10mm conversion because everyone needs a 3.25" 10 mm...

1. I had a savings account, then I started up the gun hobby, and then I bought a house, but guess what: it costs money to sell a house (repairs from living with 3 decades of imperfections that new owners think are unreasonable :dunno:).
    2. Of course, with a dining room light here (this past weekend), and a kitchen light there, and addressing the "imperfections in the "new" house: the savings account thins out again.
    3. I haven't had to sell any guns yet just for the money, though: when my original HVAC system goes, then it could come to that b/c the savings perhaps won't be built up enough yet and my wife will blame the guns not the $200 for landscaping (ammo money :laugh:), and $1000s of plumbing and electrical work.
    4. I hope not to regret selling something that I have sold (and don't), but anything I have sold is readily available for repurchase anyway.
    5. I have an old HR 22LR that I bought off Townmarshall that I don't need, and an older S/W (22A), but they are so "cool" that I'm afraid I'll regret it if I sell them, whereas, if I sell my new Ruger GP100 22LR, I can always buy another.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've developed a bad habit of selling pistols and then rebuying them later on. I picked up a Gen 4 G27 this afternoon despite having felt good about selling my old Gen4 G27 about 18 months ago. On the plus side, this one set me back only $350 where as I sold the other for $450 but that was with a 9mm barrel. The reason for rebuying this puppy is that I can lift the shoulder enough to draw this without the tendency to sweep myself by having to twist it to clear the holster. I was actually looking for a Gen 5 G26, thinking that once the shoulder healed, it would be easy to sell but this one was a good enough deal that I would have been an idiot to pass it up.

I sure do wish CZ would hurry up and build that dang P10S as they have it spec'd out in the manual. CZ really is light on the sub-compact side of things with only the RAMI in the lineup now days. They really should have built a P07S, or maybe it would have been a P05. A subcompact P07 sure would be cool.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I agree with this ^^^. I thought for sure the P10S would have been released by now, but still, something like a P-05 would also be fantastic. I would really like to see a single stack RAMI on the horizon. 88, I think you mentioned upstream that you thought the RAMI was on the chunky side for carry. I've held them numerous times, and keep thinking the same thing. Having a RAMI is on my short list, but I carry AIWB, and think it will end up being too thick for me to carry comfortably. But a RAMI in single stack would be the best of all worlds, like having a sub officer-sized 1911 but in DA/SA configuration.

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I agree with this ^^^. I thought for sure the P10S would have been released by now, but still, something like a P-05 would also be fantastic. I would really like to see a single stack RAMI on the horizon. 88, I think you mentioned upstream that you thought the RAMI was on the chunky side for carry. I've held them numerous times, and keep thinking the same thing. Having a RAMI is on my short list, but I carry AIWB, and think it will end up being too thick for me to carry comfortably. But a RAMI in single stack would be the best of all worlds, like having a commander-sized 1911 but in DA/SA configuration.

I think you will find the RAMI very similar to your current AIWB carry piece. IMHO

The idea of P10S would likely preclude my purchase of P365....hurry up 88 - get them moving!

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I think you will find the RAMI very similar to your current AIWB carry piece. IMHO
    I initially thought so too, but putting them side-by-side has the RAMI noticeably thicker. Length and height are a bit better for AIWB with the RAMI, but dang if it's not a little widebody. I've carried the P-01 and PCR AIWB, so the RAMI's compact dimensions would surely do better than either of those. The P-01 and PCR carried fine, but still not as comfy as my single-stack officer.

I've got to believe CZ has given this idea at least some consideration with the popularity of single-stack 9mm's over recent years (XD-S, Shield, etc).

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    We are just shy of the magic 4000 post mark that triggers a new thread.

I'd love to see a P05 built. It would probably sell well I'm guessing. I have no idea why they are not exploiting that part of the market.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom