The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    You think the Wiz does better work than CGW? I was considering ordering direct from CGW. Haven't fondled anything straight from the mothership. Losi did my SP-01 with all the Cajun bits. LOVE IT. If you think he does better work, I may skip ordering from CGW and give Losi another CZ to work his magic on.

My Shadow is a Cajun Custom shop piece. The last Shadow I had was a CGW parts kit that the wizard installed and it was a better piece than the one I now own.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You think the Wiz does better work than CGW? I was considering ordering direct from CGW. Haven't fondled anything straight from the mothership. Losi did my SP-01 with all the Cajun bits. LOVE IT. If you think he does better work, I may skip ordering from CGW and give Losi another CZ to work his magic on.

I would go with Losi. No knock on CGW as I have a 97 Copperhead that is freaking amazing. The CZ I originally got from you is back in my hands as a SAO and it is freaking amazing.

I also have a lightweight compact that Losi did.....freaking amazing.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    mmmmmm.....blued 97b goodness..... :drool:

I'll probably just go through Losi. This is definitely going to force me through the Shadow 2 route since they're only about $400 more in stock configuration.

Now to start eating Ramen and saving the pennies again. The Larue UU killed the budget for Q1.

I would go with Losi. No knock on CGW as I have a 97 Copperhead that is freaking amazing. The CZ I originally got from you is back in my hands as a SAO and it is freaking amazing.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

Everytime I see CM - 97 - Copperhead in the same sentence both me and my checkbook break out in a cold sweat!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    So I'm looking at ordering the CGW Pro-Package for my SP-01 Tactical and have a choice of either the race or ring hammer. Which one would all y'all choose and why?

I prefer the ring hammer feel more but depending on the type of rear sight, the race might be a better option. On my high polish 75B, I installed a wide plain rear target site and it made the stock hammer difficult to reach so I went with the race hammer and it's fine now. Most of my other upgraded guns have the ring hammer because it just feels better to me.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I prefer the ring hammer feel more but depending on the type of rear sight, the race might be a better option. On my high polish 75B, I installed a wide plain rear target site and it made the stock hammer difficult to reach so I went with the race hammer and it's fine now. Most of my other upgraded guns have the ring hammer because it just feels better to me.
    Was that your 75B on the end of the table by CM's stable. If so, I apologize for any drool, and the fingerprints.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Was that your 75B on the end of the table by CM's stable. If so, I apologize for any drool, and the fingerprints.

It might have been. It's a shame since that one went home unshot. It's fully cajunized and is a nice shooter. I really should have run it against that plate rack.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    It might have been. It's a shame since that one went home unshot. It's fully cajunized and is a nice shooter. I really should have run it against that plate rack.

Only half of what I brought got any rounds through them. I brought lots to share and spent the first 40 minutes loading mags, but I think in the end most people ran what they brought themselves. Maansmit did try the WC EDC X9.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Only half of what I brought got any rounds through them. I brought lots to share and spent the first 40 minutes loading mags, but I think in the end most people ran what they brought themselves. Maansmit did try the WC EDC X9.

That's how it always turns out for me. It's like going to a chili cook off and eating only your own chili. I did get to run some others and pushed a couple of the ones I brought into others hands. Still, no matter what I shot, it was a great day and a great way to spend with friends

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Race hammer. This is a SP-01 with Dawson ez-d sights. I don’t think a ring hammer would cock easily with this setup.

027B3C72-2416-4C01-8B53-1FC92138750D.jpg
    imagejpeg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Race hammer. This is a SP-01 with Dawson ez-d sights. I don’t think a ring hammer would cock easily with this setup.

View attachment 65334
    imagejpeg

That is the exact issue I was having with my rear sight on the high polish pistol. It has the large target rear sight and the stock ring hammer was difficult to engage. The race hammer fixed that issue nicely.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    That's how it always turns out for me. It's like going to a chili cook off and eating only your own chili. I did get to run some others and pushed a couple of the ones I brought into others hands. Still, no matter what I shot, it was a great day and a great way to spend with friends

I had a great time. I tried out some of the Wiz's personal collection, and CM's toys. Shot a Tavor for the first time. Tried MM's 500 mag and Pack's double 10. It was nice getting to meet everyone and look forward to doing it again. Next time I might bring my 12 year old son.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom