The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Putting stuff away from the S(now)GE and realized that I failed a goal. Brought along a non-"snake skin" SW 1911 and was so hoping to get CM to at least shoot it once....
    That was your SC-E Performance Center, right? And thanks for letting me run your 10mm, that was a HOOT, *much* more fun than expected! You had quite a bit of eye candy on the front room table!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I wish I had the time and ammo to have tried out everything available on Saturday. I only put a handful of rounds through one of CM's collection. One thing I realized was that ringing steel at 100 yards with the Mosin was a piece of cake. Take it out to 200 and I just could not do it. It makes the 1000 meter notch on that sight look really optimistic, at least at my skill level. It's awfully easy to imagine shooting out to that distance, but the reality of it makes that fantasy disappear faster than a liberal at a fund raising.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    That was your SC-E Performance Center, right? And thanks for letting me run your 10mm, that was a HOOT, *much* more fun than expected! You had quite a bit of eye candy on the front room table!

Yes; that PC is a nice little shooter. I hit the 110 yard steel on the first shot with that. Needless to say, I didn't take a second shot! Hit it with the P10C but couldn't come close with the 357. I am blaming on the heavy snow at the time and I couldn't see my misses to correct. Yeah...that's it. For some reason; that 357 didn't like me Saturday but it was fun to see the plate rack snap back up as fast as it went done...we put it away before I had to buy Kyle a new plate...

Those were "only" 180 grain 1350 fps loads in the 10 mm - just enough to pack a wallop and still recoil like a 9mm.

Thanks! Wish we could have stayed longer but we made it back to my son's (the one that came with me) daughter's 1st birthday in plenty of time to fill balloons, set up and clean up the house as ordered.

maansmit - He was tearing up those plates! Great to see the next generation involved! My fore mentioned granddaughter already has her first gun. Her other Grandfather bought her a classic LNIB Remington 700 BDL in 7mm ultra mag for Christmas! Might wait a couple years till she fires it.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Yes; that PC is a nice little shooter. I hit the 110 yard steel on the first shot with that.
    NICE!! My SC-E was a nice and very accurate shooter as well, it was my favorite 1911 I owned before I got out of 45 in favor of 357/38. Your PC was really sharp, and plenty accurate it sounds like.

Glad you were able to get back home in time for the big birthday party. Best to leave early and live to see another day!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm still in my happy place from Saturday's shoot. While the guns were a lot of fun, it was the company that makes a day like that stick in your memory. The snow added just enough texture to the day to keep it pinned in the memory for a long time. Any time someone remembers the big March snow of 2018, I'll remember where I was as it came down.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm still in my happy place from Saturday's shoot. While the guns were a lot of fun, it was the company that makes a day like that stick in your memory. The snow added just enough texture to the day to keep it pinned in the memory for a long time. Any time someone remembers the big March snow of 2018, I'll remember where I was as it came down.

Plus this is the last Gala Event at Packs place.

I want to wish him and his spouse the very best in their new adventure.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I wish I had the time and ammo to have tried out everything available on Saturday. I only put a handful of rounds through one of CM's collection. One thing I realized was that ringing steel at 100 yards with the Mosin was a piece of cake. Take it out to 200 and I just could not do it. It makes the 1000 meter notch on that sight look really optimistic, at least at my skill level. It's awfully easy to imagine shooting out to that distance, but the reality of it makes that fantasy disappear faster than a liberal at a fund raising.

1000 is sketchy but 500 is doable for sure with a spotter. Mauser, Mosin, M1, etc are solid rifles in capable hands!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom