• Status
    Not open for further replies.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    The RAMI is actually no longer available in polymer framed version (and hasn't been for a while) and it's epic failure is one of the very few black eyes in CZ past. There is also the resurrection of the SP01 Phantom which pre-dates the P07/09 by about a decade and I believe is still the superior design of the three. I don't personally see the point in filling the gap left by the polymer RAMI but the P10"S", if you will, I bet is already in the works along with the "F" variant.

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    The RAMI is actually no longer available in polymer framed version (and hasn't been for a while) and it's epic failure is one of the very few black eyes in CZ past. There is also the resurrection of the SP01 Phantom which pre-dates the P07/09 by about a decade and I believe is still the superior design of the three. I don't personally see the point in filling the gap left by the polymer RAMI but the P10"S", if you will, I bet is already in the works along with the "F" variant.

compared to my P07, i hated my Phantom. since it was only modified for polymer, it didn't handle like a purpose built poly gun, IMO. my P07 just felt way more controllable than the Phantom did. I'm guessing the poly Rami would have the same problem, and the standard Rami definitely suffered from price problems. it' cost well over $100 more than it's competition.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    compared to my P07, i hated my Phantom. since it was only modified for polymer, it didn't handle like a purpose built poly gun, IMO. my P07 just felt way more controllable than the Phantom did. I'm guessing the poly Rami would have the same problem, and the standard Rami definitely suffered from price problems. it' cost well over $100 more than it's competition.

Different folk, different strokes. I had a P07, hated it and still have my Phantom. I also have a steel SP01 and a P01 and had a RAMI until as recently as this year.

The problem with the Poly RAMI wasnt price or sales number it was the cheap polymer CZ had outsourced to make the frames out of. It had a habit of swelling and factoring after a few hundred rounds just above the web of your hand if you were a right handed shooter. CZ recalled them and replaced them with Alloy RAMIs

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I have owned all but the P-10 and most likely never will own one. Not a striker fired kind of guy.

I am typing with a fully Cajunized P-09 with an extended mag sitting next to the computer. I really really like this gun. It is as accurate as I am. It has never missed a beat and even the spouse likes it.
    I have a Cajun custom shop Shadow on the dresser and it is a stellar piece as well.
    There are 2 97's in the safe. One in SAO and the other is a CGW's CopperHead.

Out of the box none of the CZ's I have fondled do much for me. But with a bit of love in the right places they are great.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have owned all but the P-10 and most likely never will own one. Not a striker fired kind of guy.

I'll admit the P10 has my interest but I'm going to wait a bit until the new hotness cools off a little and the after market has a chance to catch up to it. As much as I hate to admit it I'm pretty heavily invested in Glocks as far as striker guns go. I keep telling myself I don't need to add anything that I don't already have mags and holsters for. Then I bought an HK USP 45 Tactical and well ****. Now I need mags and holsters again.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'll admit the P10 has my interest but I'm going to wait a bit until the new hotness cools off a little and the after market has a chance to catch up to it. As much as I hate to admit it I'm pretty heavily invested in Glocks as far as striker guns go. I keep telling myself I don't need to add anything that I don't already have mags and holsters for. Then I bought an HK USP 45 Tactical and well ****. Now I need mags and holsters again.

I have owned 3 USP's. They ran great. Accurate as I am or better (Better...:):) but I am just not a fan of the platform.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have owned 3 USP's. They ran great. Accurate as I am or better (Better...:):) but I am just not a fan of the platform.

The only reason I bought one, and I am ashamed to admit this and it is the only time media has influenced my choice, but it was the gun that the hero of my favorite video game of all time used. Or as least as close as I can get without spending over 2k on a MK23

The Metal Gear Solid Franchise.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The only reason I bought one, and I am ashamed to admit this and it is the only time media has influenced my choice, but it was the gun that the hero of my favorite video game of all time used. Or as least as close as I can get without spending over 2k on a MK23

The Metal Gear Solid Franchise.

No shame in this.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Happy Friday everyone!

That's a pretty interesting video Work. I can definitely be counted among the happy P10C owners. I really didn't want it when it came out and I really was cold to the P07 for a long time when they came out. I picked up a used, albeit, Cajunized P07 mainly for use in lending it to my son so I could get something I liked better back from him. I ended up loving the P07 and now it's the P10C that has taken over carry duty. I used to have a healthy number of guns in the EDC rotation but for the first time in almost a decade, the carry rotation is now 90% just the P10C. Each time I try to rotate a different gun in, the P10C makes it back into the holster within a day. Today started out with a G21. At noon, I switched to a G30sf to save wear and tear on my office furniture. By 4pm, the P10C was back in the holster again. The thing gives me a level of confidence that I have not experienced in many other guns. It works for me in a way that just seems to make me a better shooter.

In the P10 manual, it gives specs for the P10F and P10S in addition to the P10C. I'd love to see them do a single stack P10S.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Ok, you need to try the P10C. BTW, you published your video on the day that I bought my P10. If you like the G19 and if you like CZs, you'll love the P10C. If you've invested money in G19 holsters, that will work with the P10 most likely. The only G19/23 holsters I've had issues with fitment are the hard plastic Blackhawk or 5.11s.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I forgot to reset my alarm last night and didn't notice this morning until getting out of the shower. So, here it is, 5:30am on a Saturday morning. I'm going shooting this morning but not until 8am. Might be a good time to do some reloading. Need coffee first though.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    You don't often see negative comments on the Phantom. IMO it is the finest full size polymer gun you can buy. Of course mine has all the Cajun lovin', artfully applied by the Wizard, a 10x accurized bushing, TLR-4 light/lazer combo, TFX Pro combination sights and, as it sits on my nightstand, a spiffy 19 round magazine. It has many rounds through it since the Wizard did his magic and the trigger is beyond fantastic. It has all the wonderful ergonomics of a full size, all steel, SP01 without the unnecessary weight. The perceived recoil is very tame and it is as reliable as the day is long. I understand that in the gun world, as in all things, each person has their own ideas and likes/dislikes but it always amazes me that anyone, but most particularly a CZ fan, would not love and treasure a Phantom. I like the P09 platform but it feels like a polymer gun. The Phantom has all of the advantages of polymer without losing the ergos inherent in an all steel CZ. So I remain perplexed by the lack of love.

Bucknut

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    I picked up a P-01 Omega yesterday at the Indiana Gun Club. The online inventory shows (2) in stock although i'm not sure how accurate the information is. Might be worth a call or visit if your interested in one.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You don't often see negative comments on the Phantom. IMO it is the finest full size polymer gun you can buy. Of course mine has all the Cajun lovin', artfully applied by the Wizard, a 10x accurized bushing, TLR-4 light/lazer combo, TFX Pro combination sights and, as it sits on my nightstand, a spiffy 19 round magazine. It has many rounds through it since the Wizard did his magic and the trigger is beyond fantastic. It has all the wonderful ergonomics of a full size, all steel, SP01 without the unnecessary weight. The perceived recoil is very tame and it is as reliable as the day is long. I understand that in the gun world, as in all things, each person has their own ideas and likes/dislikes but it always amazes me that anyone, but most particularly a CZ fan, would not love and treasure a Phantom. I like the P09 platform but it feels like a polymer gun. The Phantom has all of the advantages of polymer without losing the ergos inherent in an all steel CZ. So I remain perplexed by the lack of love.

I have no idea why I let mine go.....:dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom