Not open for further replies.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Just me if I ran it off site.
    Building a custom gun puts it on me.
    Possibly raffling off a stock as built Springfield would not be near the issue.

I am not sure on this but I am pretty much done. Trying to do good things.

Hey don't let this get you down. You did good things. You are still the good guy here.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Really saddened by the news of RIII. I was really excited to enter that one for the possibility of owning a Churchmouse 1911. I completely understand your decision. If for the good of others it isn't the risk of putting your own family is financial and legal problems. Thanks for all your efforts.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Really saddened by the news of RIII. I was really excited to enter that one for the possibility of owning a Churchmouse 1911. I completely understand your decision. If for the good of others it isn't the risk of putting your own family is financial and legal problems. Thanks for all your efforts.

There may be a small light glowing at the end of a Tunnel.
    More to follow.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Just me if I ran it off site.
    Building a custom gun puts it on me.
    Possibly raffling off a stock as built Springfield would not be near the issue.

I am not sure on this but I am pretty much done. Trying to do good things.
    I'm with you. This whole thing turned into a **** sandwich for those who were involved. Definitely left a sour taste. But, having said that, we have to maintain our focus on the good that has been achieved and continue to look for ways to help those kids. We have a lot of good folks on this forum and we can't let the self centered ones or the risk of one of them doing something stupid selfish keep us from this task. There's more than one way to skin a cat.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I'm with you. This whole thing turned into a **** sandwich for those who were involved. Definitely left a sour taste. But, having said that, we have to maintain our focus on the good that has been achieved and continue to look for ways to help those kids. We have a lot of good folks on this forum and we can't let the self centered ones or the risk of one of them doing something stupid selfish keep us from this task. There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Well said Birds. Sometimes bigger isn't always better.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Received an interesting PM last night. Again, great people. There may be options available. Stay tuned.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Just got back from the second range trip in two days. Today, it was with WTB at Point Blank in Greenwood and I shot the P10C and the .40 P07 again. I put another 87 rounds through the P07 and it functioned perfectly. This included a mix of reloads and HSTs. What a fun gun to shoot. The reload recipe I have is pretty stout for a .40 and puts out a decent ball of flame. I found that if I slowed way down and shot each round distinctly, I would get flyers but if I sped up a bit and rode the recoil, things got nice and tight again. I think that I need to practice my trigger control more and maybe work on my grip to get rid of the bit of a flinch I have with slow fire.

The P10C worked perfectly and ran really well too. No news there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just got back from the second range trip in two days. Today, it was with WTB at Point Blank in Greenwood and I shot the P10C and the .40 P07 again. I put another 87 rounds through the P07 and it functioned perfectly. This included a mix of reloads and HSTs. What a fun gun to shoot. The reload recipe I have is pretty stout for a .40 and puts out a decent ball of flame. I found that if I slowed way down and shot each round distinctly, I would get flyers but if I sped up a bit and rode the recoil, things got nice and tight again. I think that I need to practice my trigger control more and maybe work on my grip to get rid of the bit of a flinch I have with slow fire.

The P10C worked perfectly and ran really well too. No news there.

Glock has some competition I see.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Glock has some competition I see.

I really think that it does. It will take a couple of years for the P10s to prove themselves in the long term, but if they do, the guns will stand up favorably when compared to the Glock counterparts. Same size, same holsters, same caliber, same capacity but with better trigger, ergonomics and sights. Plus, it's truly ambidextrous, which the Glock never will be. It's hard to imagine why someone would choose the Glock 19 over the P10C when compared side by side or fired back to back.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I really think that it does. It will take a couple of years for the P10s to prove themselves in the long term, but if they do, the guns will stand up favorably when compared to the Glock counterparts. Same size, same holsters, same caliber, same capacity but with better trigger, ergonomics and sights. Plus, it's truly ambidextrous, which the Glock never will be. It's hard to imagine why someone would choose the Glock 19 over the P10C when compared side by side or fired back to back.

The G**** fan base is legion.

Just as any other solid group of like minded Fanboys of which I am one......1911's anonomouse is calling my name.

CZ Top

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 5, 2017
    Vigo Co.
    Speaking of 1911's, strike that, 2011's, shot my brand new STI Edge 9mm tonight. Eye opening. Tweaking the rear sight and getting close to zero, more to come with tomorrow's range time. Also shot the Shadow 2 and you know- they were nearly head to head, S2 slightly better but I've shot it a few times already. The variable is the shooter and with more time with each I can somewhat control that more. Can't wait to get the SP-01 back from CGW. Life is good folks!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Speaking of 1911's, strike that, 2011's, shot my brand new STI Edge 9mm tonight. Eye opening. Tweaking the rear sight and getting close to zero, more to come with tomorrow's range time. Also shot the Shadow 2 and you know- they were nearly head to head, S2 slightly better but I've shot it a few times already. The variable is the shooter and with more time with each I can somewhat control that more. Can't wait to get the SP-01 back from CGW. Life is good folks!

Sounds like it.

My 2011 is a 6" in 10mm

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Got shutdown by the cops today shooting at my father in laws place. Apparently Hancock county has som BS ordinance about shooting within 100 yards of any residence, even your own. Dick neighbor called the sheriff and complained. The sheriffs deputy was nice enough to about it, just doing his job.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Sorry to hear that. But, you are right about that gun being sweet. I only got to put a single mag through it, but did better with that at the 100 yard line that I've ever done with any other pistol.

CZ Top

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 5, 2017
    Vigo Co.
    Pretty good weekend. Shot both days and made some progress with the Shadow 2, getting more used to it. Also tried some different ammo I've read about. Hornady Steel Match and Freedom Munitions Pro Match. Ran several mags with the usual Geco 124, Speer Lawman 147 and each of these and there was a clear difference. Hornady had tighter groups and Freedom even tighter. I'm sold, and ordered some more. I'll take all the help I can find!

Church, I'm curious about 10mm, have read some interesting accounts. Maan, sorry about the neighbor. Hopefully it's a one time thing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom