Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I snuck out to MCFG this morning to shoot the P07 in .40, the P10C and the SP01 Compact. It was a good range trip, but not without it's issues. The very first round through the SP01 Compact was a light strike that went off normally later. I think that's the first light strike I've had with that pistol. It's fully Cajunized, and I'll need to keep an eye on it. I'd hate to have to up the main spring rate to fix it. The second issue was with my P07 in .40. Using my normal carry mag, it failed to chamber the last round twice. That's really disappointing since I had a ton of trouble with that gun early on, but it's been perfect for over 400 rounds now. Finally, I shot the P10C a bunch more and it was perfect. I was more accurate point shooting that gun as well, but it could be because it's the gun I shoot most lately. The trigger is great and I no longer feel the dingus issue like I had in the past. I've come to grips with the grip texture (pun intended) and really like how aggressive it is. Sure, it would suck to shoot it for 500 rounds, but on the upside, it absolutely locks onto your hand when you draw. There's no squirming around at all with that pistol

The biggest downside of the P10C is that I no longer seem to have a carry rotation. It's been almost pure P10C since getting the thing in mid May. Others go into the holster for a day or two, but then the P10C seems to push them right back out again.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I hope to get the new SP-01 out to the range this weekend. Can't wait to run some rounds through it since everyone else around here already has.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That is unfortunate news for Riley III. Can anything be done to salvage?

Legality's.
    I have no problem with the gun. It is near done. All that remains is color and final fit up. Test and tune. It is in for color right now.
    When discussing this with a legal beagle he ran some things by me that caused me to step back and reconsider.
    It has made me sad. I was hoping to go Forum wide and really raise some funds with this one.
    As I know the 2 people that have R-1 and R-2 I have zero issues.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Legality's.
    I have no problem with the gun. It is near done. All that remains is color and final fit up. Test and tune. It is in for color right now.
    When discussing this with a legal beagle he ran some things by me that caused me to step back and reconsider.
    It has made me sad. I was hoping to go Forum wide and really raise some funds with this one.
    As I know the 2 people that have R-1 and R-2 I have zero issues.

Couldn't you post some sort of disclaimer in the first post of the thread about the raffle, stating whatever you wish to be clear of, stating that participation in the raffle is acceptance of whatever stipulations you make? Not a legal guy, just spitballing... :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Couldn't you post some sort of disclaimer in the first post of the thread about the raffle, stating whatever you wish to be clear of, stating that participation in the raffle is acceptance of whatever stipulations you make? Not a legal guy, just spitballing... :dunno:

Worthless printing.
    Just know I have spent a lot of time and energy getting set up for III and in my discussions about the legality's have decided it is not worth it.

I will post some pics of the gun. I might sell it and just donate the funds.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Wow bad news about Riley III. This kinda puts a dark cloud on the weekend. I thought we were really doing good things.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Worthless printing.
    Just know I have spent a lot of time and energy getting set up for III and in my discussions about the legality's have decided it is not worth it.

I will post some pics of the gun. I might sell it and just donate the funds.

Understood and I don't blame you. You've obviously done the research. Looking forward to seeing the pics :yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wow bad news about Riley III. This kinda puts a dark cloud on the weekend. I thought we were really doing good things.

We were. And did.
    It has saddened my heart as well.

This is mainly a liability thing. The raffle would have been set up off site. Ingo would have only served as a message board for it.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Just me if I ran it off site.
    Building a custom gun puts it on me.
    Possibly raffling off a stock as built Springfield would not be near the issue.

I am not sure on this but I am pretty much done. Trying to do good things.

Sorry to hear this my friend. Your heart was and is in the right place.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    We live in a world where liability poses a real risk. It's sad that Riley III is not going to happen but I don't blame you at all for not being willing to risk all that you've built for retirement over the years.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom