wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning folks! :coffee:

It was a good range trip. Not the best, but not the worst by a long shot. It's always good to go shooting with either one of my sons. It can be expensive though as they invariably try to talk me into adding more guns to the collection. My youngest seems to think that the next CZ should be an original short rail. I'd love to add one, but don't see that happening... ever. Unless someone discovered a secret cache of 100,000 of those and they were selling for $300 each.

Do any of you notice that sometimes a good trigger when dry fired can feel great under live fire? I'm not talking about a truly bad trigger, but about a trigger that when you really feel your way through the pull, you feel a bit of grittiness or other minor issue at the break that would keep it from being a really good trigger. When shooting live fire, that grittiness disappears. The P10C is like that for me. It's a smooth rolling pre-travel up to the wall and then as you gently pull through the wall, you feel the sear and striker moving against each other for just a bit. It completely disappears to me when I'm shooting though. I'm guessing that it's the fact that I'm focused on other stuff like sights or the target, but it does make me wonder about some of the money I've spent over the years improving guns that I'm not good enough to feel the difference on when actually shooting. There's a huge gain to be had in doing the Pro kit on a CZ and that really does make a big difference but in some of my 1911s, I've spent decent money for less of a gain. Still, those are probably worth it, but I don't know that I'll put any money into the P10C. I'm not sure I'd change much about shooting the gun except to be able to afford fewer bullets when done.

Only thing similar I can attest to is my Legion SAO trigger. It feels horrible when dry fired, but is very nice when live fired. Not sure why there is a difference in feel... :dunno:

CZ Top

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 5, 2017
    Vigo Co.
    Well dang. Just sent my SP01 off to CGW. Will suck to be without it so long, but will be great to get back all spiffed up. I'm real curious to see what he does down there.
    And getting home I see my Comp-Tac holster I ordered for it just arrived. Ironic synchronicity or something.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Only thing similar I can attest to is my Legion SAO trigger. It feels horrible when dry fired, but is very nice when live fired. Not sure why there is a difference in feel... :dunno:

I wonder if it's got something to do with the feel of the pistol when shooting. I've had guns that had great triggers that I didn't care for much and others with mediocre triggers that were just plain old fun to shoot.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well dang. Just sent my SP01 off to CGW. Will suck to be without it so long, but will be great to get back all spiffed up. I'm real curious to see what he does down there.
    And getting home I see my Comp-Tac holster I ordered for it just arrived. Ironic synchronicity or something.

You will be amazed.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That is just strange....:scratch:

I wonder if it's got something to do with the feel of the pistol when shooting. I've had guns that had great triggers that I didn't care for much and others with mediocre triggers that were just plain old fun to shoot.

Yeah, I just don't get it. Absolutely no fun dry firing, but when shooting live the trigger is sweet. Maybe it's just me. :n00b:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    No, I've shot that gun and it's not just you. It's a great shooter even if it does not feel good when you dry fire it.

I was thinking about shooting Bill (75B in .40) the other night. What a sweet gun that is. I really need to get it out to the range more often than I do. It deserves to become a high round count pistol some day. There are some guns that just make you smile when you shoot them. That is one of them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, I got the parts I needed to fix the 10mm commander bob. Ne extractor and I got the right one this time.....:)
    It had a hitch in it's giddy-up going into and out of lock up. Found and fixed that. Deep cleaned. It is ready for the range tomorrow.

Took down the slab side 6" 10mm for a serious cleaning. It has a serious recoil set up for running full house loads. You can see what a bear the spring is to get it all in the slide with the reverse plug. 2 pice guide rod helps but Yowza.

jij76p.jpg

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    I had planned this weekend to have a father/son getaway this weekend to spend some quality time with him since he will be a teenager very soon. The weather isn't looking so great so I may have to push this off until Monday. Rain usually isn't an issue for July but this year it is.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I had planned this weekend to have a father/son getaway this weekend to spend some quality time with him since he will be a teenager very soon. The weather isn't looking so great so I may have to push this off until Monday. Rain usually isn't an issue for July but this year it is.

Good idea to spend time with them at this age. Pretty soon, you'll be competing with friends, jobs, girls and a ton of other stuff that makes quality time with a kid hard to come by.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just got back from the FW office of the Czickness and got a chance to see where Rusty spends his days. I cannot believe they pay him to work there. It's like a gearhead's dream shop. I imagine if I interviewed for a job there, they'd say something like: "Would you work here for $10 a hour?" and I'd probably reply: "Hell yes. I thought I was going to have to pay you at least $15 an hour to let me in here. Who do I write the check to?".

Oh, and the Remington Rand is back home with me again. :):

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I just got back from the FW office of the Czickness and got a chance to see where Rusty spends his days. I cannot believe they pay him to work there. It's like a gearhead's dream shop. I imagine if I interviewed for a job there, they'd say something like: "Would you work here for $10 a hour?" and I'd probably reply: "Hell yes. I thought I was going to have to pay you at least $15 an hour to let me in here. Who do I write the check to?".

Oh, and the Remington Rand is back home with me again. :):
    Glad you made it back safe. Was great seeing you again. Yes, sometimes I wonder how in the world they let me work here.

Really glad the old girl is back home.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Taking a break at the moment. I'm on vacation today and am trying to get stuff done. So far, I started the day with a trip up to the Fort, then cut the grass when I got back. After that, I ran two years worth of used motor oil down to the recycling place in Franklin and since getting back, I've been loading the truck with a bunch of old rotten firewood to haul to the dump in the morning. This heat is kicking my backside today, but I'm getting close to having the fence line cleared. Even with cutting some of the huge logs into chunks with the chainsaw, they are still a bear to move.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Will do. I'm down to working for 10 minutes and sitting in the shade with a bottle of water for 10 minutes. My breaks are getting longer and longer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom