Old grips
    Js8jhAE.jpg

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I'm beginning to think that my relationship with a buddy down at The Outdoorsman has progressed to be similar to that of heroin dealer and addict. Every time a new batch appears, he gives me a holler to let me know what's down there.

I don't have any friends, like that .....

BUT, I don't have any money, either .....

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Birds is an enabler...

...by way of chezuki. Shot his 75 omega and was way more accurate than my skill level. This czickness is a disease I need to stay away from.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Sometimes, I have trouble trying to decide if the Czickness is the disease or if it's the cure for the disease of mediocrity. In a world full of stamped, pressed and automated crap, it's nice to reset the mental circuit breakers by shooting something that was hand fit by a human being. Be it a 1911 or a tuned CZ, you need the opportunity once in a while to enjoy what a skilled machinist or gunsmith can produce.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Went to the range with the Wizard on Thursday after work. I took the Green Machine, the Beast, Scratch and Omaha along with a stock transitional pre-B that has lately found its way home. The Omaha gun, a transitional pre-B 85, was gone for awhile and when it returned it was setup as a SAO with fiber sights. It's always been a sweet shooter but I miss the DA that it had. I guess I need to invest a few nickels and get her back to original configuration. I already have a transitional pre-B setup in SAO, #6, that is lights out. I probably don't need two. As always the Beast was fantastic. She, like the rest, just keeps getting better and better. Scratch is really coming around. Her DA pull is now very smooth. The stock pre-B is a really accurate gun. I need to get her upgraded or move her along. I haven't decided which yet. The Green Machine has moved into a class by itself. Being the carry gun she gets more rounds through her than anything else. Her DA is easily under 5# and so butter smooth that words simply don't do it justice. She surprised me in DA the other night. I've had it happen in SA a lot but never in DA. It's so short and sweet. Love her.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Went to the range with the Wizard on Thursday after work. I took the Green Machine, the Beast, Scratch and Omaha along with a stock transitional pre-B that has lately found its way home. The Omaha gun, a transitional pre-B 85, was gone for awhile and when it returned it was setup as a SAO with fiber sights. It's always been a sweet shooter but I miss the DA that it had. I guess I need to invest a few nickels and get her back to original configuration. I already have a transitional pre-B setup in SAO, #6, that is lights out. I probably don't need two. As always the Beast was fantastic. She, like the rest, just keeps getting better and better. Scratch is really coming around. Her DA pull is now very smooth. The stock pre-B is a really accurate gun. I need to get her upgraded or move her along. I haven't decided which yet. The Green Machine has moved into a class by itself. Being the carry gun she gets more rounds through her than anything else. Her DA is easily under 5# and so butter smooth that words simply don't do it justice. She surprised me in DA the other night. I've had it happen in SA a lot but never in DA. It's so short and sweet. Love her.

Glad to hear that the range trip went well BA. What an amazing collection you have built. I had a handful of mine out yesterday and had a chance to shoot the P01 side by side with the P10. The P10 did well, but the P01 was the more engaging of the two. These really are awesome pistols to shoot.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Glad to hear that the range trip went well BA. What an amazing collection you have built. I had a handful of mine out yesterday and had a chance to shoot the P01 side by side with the P10. The P10 did well, but the P01 was the more engaging of the two. These really are awesome pistols to shoot.

Your points on running hand fit versus Polymer/stamped is a good one.

CZ Top

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 5, 2017
    Vigo Co.
    Sometimes, I have trouble trying to decide if the Czickness is the disease or if it's the cure for the disease of mediocrity. In a world full of stamped, pressed and automated crap, it's nice to reset the mental circuit breakers by shooting something that was hand fit by a human being. Be it a 1911 or a tuned CZ, you need the opportunity once in a while to enjoy what a skilled machinist or gunsmith can produce.

This is a gem of insight. It's easy to play to the brand loyalty and get all excited about it with like-minded, but a pretty big reason CZ appeals to me is the manufacture and performance. It's a pleasure to use a thing so well made.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is a gem of insight. It's easy to play to the brand loyalty and get all excited about it with like-minded, but a pretty big reason CZ appeals to me is the manufacture and performance. It's a pleasure to use a thing so well made.

This is one of the main reasons I strayed from being a straight up 1911 dyed in the wool fanatic. Once BA put that awesome 97 in my hands I was hooked. It has just taken on a life of its own from there.

I am still a 1911 kind of guy but CZ's have taken on a major role in our Home Defense and range time as the spouse can run them.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I went from being a 1911 nut with some CZs to being a CZ nut that still has 1911s. They are both great examples of functional art in metallic form. Both are good right out of the box and both respond well to tuning. I love a good project though, and as much as I love 1911s, there's more bang for the buck in a CZ project. It takes a whole lot more money to make a stellar 1911 than it does to do the same on a surplus CZ.

Speaking of 1911s, I've been noodling what to do with the Remington Rand that came back home last week. I have a USGI Colt, so that itch is already scratched. I'm toying with the idea of seeing if I can make a good carry USGI 1911 with the RR. The idea would be to make zero permanent changes to the gun, but to replace the internals, trigger, MSH, barrel and grips. Sights could remain intact since I'm a point shooter with CZs and 1911s unless it's a long, slow shot. It's a gun that would not often get carried, but that could be carried on special occasions with the confidence that it would perform well with std pressure hollow point loads.

Sound like a reasonable idea or would I be venturing down a path that need not be explored? I figure that if no permanent changes were made, I could just restore the original parts if I didn't like the results. Most of the bought parts could be transferred to another gun if need be.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I went from being a 1911 nut with some CZs to being a CZ nut that still has 1911s. They are both great examples of functional art in metallic form. Both are good right out of the box and both respond well to tuning. I love a good project though, and as much as I love 1911s, there's more bang for the buck in a CZ project. It takes a whole lot more money to make a stellar 1911 than it does to do the same on a surplus CZ.

Speaking of 1911s, I've been noodling what to do with the Remington Rand that came back home last week. I have a USGI Colt, so that itch is already scratched. I'm toying with the idea of seeing if I can make a good carry USGI 1911 with the RR. The idea would be to make zero permanent changes to the gun, but to replace the internals, trigger, MSH, barrel and grips. Sights could remain intact since I'm a point shooter with CZs and 1911s unless it's a long, slow shot. It's a gun that would not often get carried, but that could be carried on special occasions with the confidence that it would perform well with std pressure hollow point loads.

Sound like a reasonable idea or would I be venturing down a path that need not be explored? I figure that if no permanent changes were made, I could just restore the original parts if I didn't like the results. Most of the bought parts could be transferred to another gun if need be.

I just happen to have every part you need to do this. They were just removed from a SA loaded and replaced with EGW pieces.
    Let me know if there is something I can do to assist in this transformation. I have a plethora of bits and pieces you can come and pick through....:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom