The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Good morning brother CZickos! It was a beautiful weekend, was able to spend it with the milk maiden. It definitely looks like a warm week ahead.

Brought another into the CZickness fold. I was able to change the mind of a person dead set on a G**** 19 to wanting a CZ P10C. I am glad to say I am G****less and Holosunless now :rockwoot:

Only issue is I'm P10Cless now but a new one should be here Wednesday-Thursday.

The power of a hairless cat still amazes me...:cool: (I tried to explain that to @mcapo but he said I was just making excuses..:dunno:)

In other news, I was finally able to order a new 2011 grip, inards, and trigger. Hey @T-DOGG I'll have a some work for you very soon, glad you're rested up.

In my mind, anyone recommending a G19 is a definite fanboi. The P10C (and many other handguns in that class), are as good or better and in many cases costs less. Especially with the current pricing of the P10 family, they are really hard to beat.

Reece'sPieces

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2023
    Indy
    Fun range day with the wizard. Was able to clean all my guns besides my Jericho and AR after SGE before todays usual Monday pistol shoot. Mosin gets top priority because of its corrosive ammo, not bad but hate having to make sure the firing pin is in tip top shape. Even after cleaning my Ruger MKIV 22/45 it still gives me a feeding issue like this every now and again.
    mk41.jpg
    Having talked to the Wizard I think I might try to polish the feed ramp with some 1000+ grit sand paper. Also not sure if the bolt is slipping when trying to strip a cartridge from the mag resulting in the case slipping under where it should catch. I'm wondering if this is just a rim fire thing or if there is a greater problem that could be addressed. Prolly the wrong thread for this.
    Think the steel range last week made me feel more confident on paper this week.

In my mind, anyone recommending a G19 is a definite fanboi. The P10C (and many other handguns in that class), are as good or better and in many cases costs less. Especially with the current pricing of the P10 family, they are really hard to beat.
    My friend was thinking the p10c might be too small for him but some how thought a G19 would be a good alternative. I had to point out to him that the grip on the P10C is most definitely bigger and with mag extensions the grip gets even bigger. He hasn't bought anything yet but I'm sure he'll buy a P10 when it comes time. Only G**** I'd ever buy is one of the G20's or G40's in 10mm. Unless someone has something better I'm unaware of or if CZ decides to make a 10mm.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Fun range day with the wizard. Was able to clean all my guns besides my Jericho and AR after SGE before todays usual Monday pistol shoot. Mosin gets top priority because of its corrosive ammo, not bad but hate having to make sure the firing pin is in tip top shape. Even after cleaning my Ruger MKIV 22/45 it still gives me a feeding issue like this every now and again.
    View attachment 353916
    Having talked to the Wizard I think I might try to polish the feed ramp with some 1000+ grit sand paper. Also not sure if the bolt is slipping when trying to strip a cartridge from the mag resulting in the case slipping under where it should catch. I'm wondering if this is just a rim fire thing or if there is a greater problem that could be addressed. Prolly the wrong thread for this.
    Think the steel range last week made me feel more confident on paper this week.

My friend was thinking the p10c might be too small for him but some how thought a G19 would be a good alternative. I had to point out to him that the grip on the P10C is most definitely bigger and with mag extensions the grip gets even bigger. He hasn't bought anything yet but I'm sure he'll buy a P10 when it comes time. Only G**** I'd ever buy is one of the G20's or G40's in 10mm. Unless someone has something better I'm unaware of or if CZ decides to make a 10mm.

S&W has a 10mm I'd go for before buying a G****k ;)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I've owned all the G****ks I'll ever own and will never buy another unless they make significant changes. Too many other manufacturers offer better guns that are just as reliable, have more features and better ergonomics. If you have G****ks and like them, more power to you, but I'd own a S&W M&P, CZ P10 series, Walther PPQ/PDP or Canik TP9 series over a G****k any day.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Lots of birds to photograph today. Which was good, because it was too hot to do much else.
    The caretaker was finally able to mow between rain storms. There's always work to do, but the place looks good.

I'll be reading in bed at the cabin, until I get sleepy.
    Reading is better down here, as there's few distractions.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

$300

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Good morning :coffee:

Company luncheon today. My boss and all of us techs get along really well. It’s a great group of guys. Several of them are fellow gun nuts. We’re all spread out across the state and sometimes only get together a couple times a year so it’ll be good catching up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Btheking
    Top Bottom