The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Picked up a surplus 1993 hi power to go with the surplus 1992 CZ.

4225efbb26e709be86648617e5afae02.jpg
    what no box?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Colt/CZ has terrible marketing, went into Scheels today to see what's new after being gone a month and I see an 8 inch SS Python. They announced a few new models recently with a brief Facebook post but I hadn't seen anything on the 8 inch Python, it is on the website now at least. I also saw a factory optic cut DWX compact too, not sure how long that has been available.

UKXj2c7l.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    How do they compare shooting side-by-side?

Coming back to this @mcapo

Sighted in the Freedom Ordnance today and put a few rounds through the scorpion as well.

Might be because I absolutely hate zeroing an optic, but at least today I think I like shooting the Scorpion a bit better.

I'll get them both out again probably next weekend maybe at Proteq and get a better comparison, but probably the Scorpion is my favorite today.

Put a couple of macro mags through the 365x with the EPS carry today and really liking that combo.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Coming back to this @mcapo

Sighted in the Freedom Ordnance today and put a few rounds through the scorpion as well.

Might be because I absolutely hate zeroing an optic, but at least today I think I like shooting the Scorpion a bit better.

I'll get them both out again probably next weekend maybe at Proteq and get a better comparison, but probably the Scorpion is my favorite today.

Put a couple of macro mags through the 365x with the EPS carry today and really liking that combo.
    I would think the Scorpion is little softer shooting? Been a minute since I have shoot a Scorpion.

9mm PCCs, to me at least, have a surprisingly sharp recoil impulse. Obviously, not brutal but you'd think a little ol' 9mm in a 6-8 pound gun would be like a 22lr.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I would think the Scorpion is little softer shooting? Been a minute since I have shoot a Scorpion.

9mm PCCs, to me at least, have a surprisingly sharp recoil impulse. Obviously, not brutal but you'd think a little ol' 9mm in a 6-8 pound gun would be like a 22lr.
    Straight blow back designs are going to do that. When I had the KAK blade that originally came on the freedom ordnance that was kind of painful, but not too bad with the current braces.

It would be interesting to try a delayed blow back or roller locker system gun.

Nexus is coming out with a bearing lock setup for the Scorpion

Will be interesting to hear how it runs.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

Well, you just need to spend the right amount of money:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Morning all... :coffee:

Well, you just need to spend the right amount of money:

Yes, please!

I have a JP barreled 308 - top notch stuff! I can only imagine how nice a full build of theirs would be. I guess over $3k nice!

If you buy one, I’d be glad to shoot it alongside my 8” mpx for comparison.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Morning gents!
    I'm going to be a "Norm" today and will be creating art from nothing more than a fallen tree.

Ok...really just doing some interior trim work at the kids' house. People before them built a bedroom addition on and trimmed the windows with drywall. Also need to trim out some concrete steps (fun..).

Nothing like what you do and my work usually ends with caulk and paint....

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I'm going to be a "Norm" today and will be creating art from nothing more than a fallen tree.

Ok...really just doing some interior trim work at the kids' house. People before them built a bedroom addition on and trimmed the windows with drywall. Also need to trim out some concrete steps (fun..).

Nothing like what you do and my work usually ends with caulk and paint....
    A good carpenter still uses caulk and paint. Just in smaller quantities.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Should have been shooting the PDW off of the ammo box instead of the range bag to sight it in. Short barrel and extended mag and muzzle flash appear to be a bad combo for the bag. Need midway to run their 10% off and free shipping coupon again.

View attachment 353667
    Meh. Some cool looking duct tape from Menards will patch that right up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom