The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I'm a happy camper tonight.

I couldn't find my Erector 9 suppressor for the SGE. I had been looking for it, for a week.

I found it tonight in an "empty" range bag's hard to notice small interior pocket. I looked through that bag at least four times before tonight. :D

I hear it’s easy to lose your erectors when you get older…

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I need some information.
    I want to buy a rifle online, and send it to an ffl in Nebraska in the same town as my son for a gift for my son, and his family. He doesn't have one yet.
    Now one of the questions on the form is are you the person buying it or something similar.
    Now since I bought it as a gift he isn't the person that bought the firearm.
    I'm confused on this issue.
    How can I do that and everything be legit?

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I need some information.
    I want to buy a rifle online, and send it to an ffl in Nebraska in the same town as my son for a gift for my son, and his family. He doesn't have one yet.
    Now one of the questions on the form is are you the person buying it or something similar.
    If you are buying it online and having shipped directly to you son’s ffl i would think you could call tell the shipping dealer your plan. the 4473 will be filled out by your son and he will be the “purchaser” even if you paid for it. The other way is get your son a gift certificate to buy the gun himself.

Last edited:

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

says its the wizards work!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I need some information.

B2V’s gift certificate - or send him a cash card with the amount of gun and his local ffl fee - would be easiest way to accomplish this. IMO

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    B2V’s gift certificate - or send him a cash card with the amount of gun and his local ffl fee - would be easiest way to accomplish this. IMO
    No need to send the cost of the rifle, just the transfer fee. Receiving FFL, doesn't care who paid the sender for the rifle. All that matters is that the person picking up the rifle fills out the 4473 correctly. Question 01, they are the person purchasing the rifle. Else it's a strawman purchase.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    No need to send the cost of the rifle, just the transfer fee. Receiving FFL, doesn't care who paid the sender for the rifle. All that matters is that the person picking up the rifle fills out the 4473 correctly. Question 01, they are the person purchasing the rifle. Else it's a strawman purchase.

I think you could find that the receiving FFL might, as a matter of their store policy, have issue with a gun shipped to Dad Smith being picked up Son Smith. The 4473 deals with this as an issue of repairs not new ownership.

I’m not positive of the exact legalities involved here and I am a fan of the path of the least resistance so - gift/cash card.

I hope to be at my FFL today. I’ll ask him.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    If you are buying it online and having shipped directly to you son’s ffl i would think you could call tell the shipping dealer your plan. the 4073 will be filled out by your son and he will be the “purchaser” even if you paid for it. The other way is get your son a gift certificate to buy the gun himself.
    It will be interesting to find out the correct answer here as Question 21a asks "Are you the actual transferee/buyer...". I don't know in legalese if "/" means or, and or something else.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks!

I managed to get out to the track for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon. Practice days sure aren't what the used to be at the speedway

469879af1e12343872460b1b7b8bcbb7.jpg
    dca2dc9f4c489e049184bf8e2dbe3cc6.jpg
    cb392b6720182da6be6893689fa97188.jpg

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    morning all. I think I’m finally over the 2011 kick and ready to turn the turkkato into a CZ. Last few weeks I’ve been swamped with adulting but had been able to make it to range frequently 30 mins at a time or so. Shooting groups as good or better than anything I have but I still found myself wanting to shoot my CZs more. And honestly still prefer 22 over 9 for enjoyable range trips

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    It will be interesting to find out the correct answer here as Question 21a asks "Are you the actual transferee/buyer...". I don't know in legalese if "/" means or, and or something else.
    Found this which recommends a gift certificate first.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I think you could find that the receiving FFL might, as a matter of their store policy, have issue with a gun shipped to Dad Smith being picked up Son Smith. The 4473 deals with this as an issue of repairs not new ownership.

I’m not positive of the exact legalities involved here and I am a fan of the path of the least resistance so - gift/cash card.

I hope to be at my FFL today. I’ll ask him.
    Sounds like something an adult would say.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom